The discussions

Validate copied data in excel

Solved

Hi, I have a below scenario one row is copied and pasted, this pasted row needs data validation such that total of each cell shouldn't exceed the r...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Jun 2017 by
chint99

Formula to find matching ip values in two sheets

I really need help figuring out this issue that I am not too sure that actually has a solution. I have two separate spreadsheets (lets call them "s...

5 replies Last reply on 22 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Multiple worksheet data input

Solved

hi TrowaD, I am an on the job trainee at a company, i was ask to encode data from our furnace but its too much time consuming for me to encode all...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Jun 2017 by
vintacu

Conditional format based on text in same row

Solved

Hi all, New to this forum. I'm running Excel 2016 on Win7 -- my spreadsheet has results of inspections in columns E, G, and J. The possible valu...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Jun 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Excel monthly and daily sheets

Hello, Hi, I have an excel worksheet we use for daily retail business paperwork. It has 3 sheets with Daily Toatals, monthly Totals and Yearly Tot...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

How to manage hours and rounding in excel

Solved

Hello, I need to know how to add a function to a cell in which I have figured a days hours worked with a lunch. The current formula is =(C7-B7)+(E...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Jun 2017 by
Theresa

How to compare two workbooks and see if data has moved or not?

Hello, I would like to preface this by saying thank you in advance. I'm interning and one of my superiors has asked me to compare workbooks These ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Autopopulate sheets from summary page

Hi, I know this question has been asked in varying forms on here and I tried to modify the macros presented to work for my particular spreadsheet b...

TrowaD

Make a shared file that can store data for the whole year

how can I make a shared file that can store data for the whole year and you can select the file for a specific month, day, and year? Using Macros. or ...

TrowaD

Find out values difference between 2 excel sheet

Hello, Dear Friends, I have facing a big problem in my generate billing per month because i have 2 excel sheet 1st one create manually (Manua...

TrowaD

How to set up multiple taxes inclusive formula in excel

I have a reverse calculation problem- Lets say the price of an item is $10.00 with two taxes @ 10% and 20%. Now to calculate the inclusive tax amoun...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Jun 2017 by
U Know Me

Workbook to track subcontractor invoices and payments

Hi i need some help with a workbook im working on and i cant figure out how or if what i want to do can be done. the workbook is to track subcontra...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Creating 1 list from 2 others

I have 2 lists of content (previous and current) where some entries are duplicated. I need to pull together a list of entries in the previous content ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Formula

Solved

I am trying to find a formula that will add up all blank fields in a range of cells. For example, if cell 1,2,3 have data and 4,5 are blank I want the...

7 replies Last reply on 15 Jun 2017 by
x

Compare data between sheets and highlight identical (mac)

Hi, Macros aren't my specialty and I need to Highlight on sheet 1 all the identical products that sits on sheet 2. i.e. : Sheet 1 Product A Pro...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Compare two excel sheets.

Dear Sir, i have worked in excel 2007 facing a big problem, actually i have 2 excel sheet which on generated billing software n other one maintain m...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Transferring data into a new worksheet when it meets a criteria

I have a worksheet where we track whether a job is late or not. If it is late, one of the cells is "TRUE." I want all the "TRUE" rows to transfer into...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Problem with formula

I have a record in cell A, I want to find it in a range of records in cell b, if found then I want to look at column c for this record, if column c i...

3 replies Last reply on 13 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Automatic copy of rows from either of two sheets to a third

Greetings, I have taken over as Treasurer for a small non-profit organization and have inherited a rudimentary spreadsheet system for tracking thei...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Return text with text colour

Hi Is there a way of doing the following for example? In cell B1 for example, I would like whatever is in A1, but with the same text colour. ...

4 replies Last reply on 12 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Show text in one cell upon drop down list selection in another

Hello, I am trying to get text to change in one column based on text selected from list in another; example in D2 I have a drop down list represent...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Convert date of birth in word

Solved

Hello, pls tell me formula for convert date of birth in word in excel

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jun 2017 by
Ambucias

How to use match function in excel

HI I have two excel files .want to know how to compare the data in those excel files

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jun 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Comparing values of two excel sheets

Solved

Hello, I have two excel sheets with IP Codes. I need to find which IP Codes are not available in Sheet#1 and highlight them, i.e. Sheet#1 Column ...

2 replies Last reply on 10 Jun 2017 by
dh

The formula should be simple a+b=c,true or false but nope?

Hello, i need formula help please! i am working with three columns of data. if: cell A1=B9904 cell B2=A2399B then cell C2 needs to =B9904 A2...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Automatically populating other sheets based on a certain range

Hello, I'm making an Inventory workbook for a small manufacturing company I am assisting over the summer, and I've run into a problem. On the fi...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Copy/paste a range 'n' times.

Solved

Hello, I have a highlighted portion and I want to copy and paste it 200 times. Is there a code or formula to do this automatically? Or must I hit ...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Same coloumns in different sheets

Hello, I am trying to make an excel sheet for school to enter their different classes data base. I want to to create a templet table or colou...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Macro to create, and connect to, individual sheets.

Hello, I'm trying to create a macro that I can run that will create a new sheet based on a row. The new sheet will have all of the column headings A-Q...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Conditional format

Solved

Hello, I can not seem to figure out this conundrum. I am looking for conditional formatting to occur if cell $AI2 has

3 replies Last reply on 6 Jun 2017 by
Azion

Comparing 2 excel spreadsheets

I have a giant master list of addresses. I have a second much smaller list of addresses in a specific radius. I want to compare the data in giant li...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Issues in writing multiple if conditions inside vlookup

Hello, I have two sheets. 1st sheet has an unique information in the first two columns about bike and its repair date (DD/MM/YYYY) format. 2...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jun 2017 by
TrowaD

Pivot table code troubleshooting

Hello, I am trying to create an auto pivot table using some data that I have. However after repeated attempts at troubleshooting, I am unable ...

TrowaD

Expenditure reports for every quarter automation

I have an excel workbook that contains expenditure reports for every quarter, I want to automate this data and create a report in a required format. A...

TrowaD

Vlook up

Solved

Hello, I have 2 columns A & B in sheet1 and i want to Return Yes if either A or B value mactches with Coulmn A in Sheet 2. Please help

2 replies Last reply on 6 Jun 2017 by
Sri

Automatically transfer data between worksheets

Hii I'm currently trying to make my work life a little easier and have created an excel spreadsheet of all the incoming paperwork we have for stude...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2017 by
vcoolio

Macro to paste a unique count number of times

Hi everyone, I am trying to create Macro to paste a unique count number of times in excel for E.g John 2 Steve 5 Matthew 3...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Unable to change the date format

Hello, I need to change the date format from Apr 2, 2017 01:39 PM to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm but still not successful. Kindy assist. System Con...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Repeat value certain number of times

Hi Guys! I'm having a hard time creating a formula to extract data based from this. This is what's showing in one of the sheets: 8:30 PM 4.00...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Macro to automatically insert rows

Hello, I am building a training worksheet, with 1 main data tab that has all the company names that we work with in column A and their associated ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Jun 2017 by
ac3mark

Excel conditional formatting

How do change the color of one cell if another cell contains a text. For example: If B3 contains any text then I want A3 to change color.

5 replies Last reply on 31 May 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Excel formula to handle duplicate records

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to assist in resolving this for me. Column A, Column B 30001234, 587 30001234, 586 3000123...

6 replies Last reply on 30 May 2017 by
TrowaD

Data needs to be added to another sheet

hello i need my data needs to be added to another sheet at field of column 1st but column is not empty then add to another column. pls help

1 reply Last reply on 29 May 2017 by
TrowaD

Spreadsheets viewing formulas

Solved

How do I view hidden formulas on spreadsheet

3 replies Last reply on 29 May 2017 by
TrowaD

Vba send email via outlook using loop; no response when run

Solved

Hello, the above code is not functional as described. Is there a way to check what is wrong? the screen does not show anything upon clicking the r...

9 replies Last reply on 29 May 2017 by
TrowaD

Vba code in my command button doesn't work

Solved

Hello, I have a sample table below, I was trying different VBA code in my command button but doesn't work well. Column G is already programmed t...

1 reply Last reply on 28 May 2017 by
vcoolio

Vba column

Solved/Closed

Need to know how to added data in column field if column is not empty then go to another column and paste data

2 replies Last reply on 28 May 2017 by
Ambucias

Color cell based on two worksheets' matching values.

Hello, I am in the logistics field; one task that I have to do daily is compare two automatically populated workbooks (yesterday's and today's) and...

1 reply Last reply on 28 May 2017 by
vcoolio

How to automatically copy selected cells to different sheets?

Hello, I am trying to build an Excel workbook that records information from certain invoices in one sheet and then categorizes them into other spe...

10 replies Last reply on 27 May 2017 by
vcoolio

Copying cells if condition is met

Hi everybody, I'm trying to make a spreadsheet with a "master sheet" with all the information for the people registered in our club. In this master...

1 reply Last reply on 26 May 2017 by
ac3mark
Results 951 - 1000 out of a total of 7,061