The discussions

Duplicating data from one line on sheet 1 to sheet 2

Solved

Hello, I'm looking for help, I have data in one box on sheet1 one that when I update that data I would like for it to automatically change in a bo...

6 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

Display a range of cells if a condition (text) is met

well, i am regular for excel. now i need a help, if a cell value, is a particular text, then i want to display a range of cells at a particular loc...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

Colour changing in rows determined by text in 2 different cells

Solved

Hello, i would like to change the colour of a number of cells in a row if column P contains any text, however the colour it changes to depends on the...

TrowaD

Converting numbers to text

hi I need to convert numbers / date of birth in excel pl suggest / advice thanks

TrowaD

Date formate

Hello, please help me, i have software date format {15/03/2016 5:26 PM} and i need convert to this format {Mar/14/2016} Configuration...

TrowaD

Town/city to lookup county

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that what i am trying to accomplish is that when an address is typed into a column it will look up and match the town a...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

Transfer data between sheets in excel

Solved

Hello, This involves an attendance sheet. A tab for each month with columns for weekly attedance and a total for the month and a summary tab contai...

19 replies Last reply on 16 Mar 2016 by
Anonymouse

Compare values of two separate sheets and returning value

Solved/Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 43.0.2357.81 I'm currently working a spreadsheet trying to match values from Sheet 1 Column B with...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Mar 2016 by
ac3mark

Using an if statement to compare dates

Hello, I'm trying to compare two dates by referencing two cells. I tried something like this IF(B2>C2, "past due", "on time"). I know to ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

How to have my results in different sheets in one workbook?

Good day I trust you are well? I was hoping you can assist me with the following and will be most grateful for any help I can get: I have to cr...

TrowaD

How to invoke vlookup function in excel vba.

Hello, Please, I need a visual basic code that can actually invoke or call a V Lookup function in Excel to query data in two separate worksheets an...

TrowaD

Recording macro to duplicate page and rename to numeric value

Solved

Good day I am trying to record a macro that duplicates a page and renaming it to another file name but need to follow in numeric order. I have a...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Mar 2016 by
Shaun@1

Need to find a data in a column and copy below cell data or add

Solved

Hello , Please help me to solve this, it will be very grateful column A column B column c 1......................... .........2 2.................

2 replies Last reply on 14 Mar 2016 by
hirdesh_saxena

Compare 2 worksheets and update one of them

I am a beginner Excel user and I hope I can get some help here. I am about to purchase a retail business. I have a copy of the master inventory list. ...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

Help needed on saving then clearing content except selected rows

Hi I am writing a spreadsheet for my ward for TCI list which has admissions, discharges and transfers. I want to be able to save then clear the c...

7 replies Last reply on 13 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

Autopopulating data from one main sheet to multiple sheets

Hello, I'm making a workbook for my coworkers to easily know what specific person they need to work with from month to month. I have created a "Mast...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

Transfer data from multiple sheets to one sheet.

Hi all, I'm kind of new to spreadsheets. I have 3 sheets each with the same columns. Column 1 has a type and column 2 has serial numbers, column 3 has...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

Count days in excel

Solved/Closed

Hello, How can count dates between 2 cells in excel, 1jan - 2jan to count as 2 days. with =NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2) not count the weekends. Thanks F...

18 replies Last reply on 11 Mar 2016 by
Banjo

Excel- how do i auto transfer rows of data to another worksheet

Hello all, I am after some help with excel. I am a PE teacher and need to find a way to cut down the processing time for our athletics carnival sco...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

Combine of column

Solved

Hello, How can we show value of more than two column in a single column but in two rows. please reply at the urgent.

3 replies Last reply on 10 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

Compare values in two columns and return the value from third

Hello, I've a table containing four columns. If the values in the first two columns match to particular value (eg. A1="xxxx" and B1="yyy"), I need t...

venkat1926

Comparing two excel worksheets

Solved

please, I need a macro code that can actually compare two worksheets and flag up the differences using same color to show the dissimilar rows. Be...

9 replies Last reply on 10 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

Populate 2 tables at once but one table only if text match

Closed

Hello, I have 2 tables in separate sheets, I am using a userform to populate table1 and I need a formula to populate table2 as new data it's entere...

Computertech

Date function

Hello, I'm using a function =date(year(j2)+(m2),month(j2),day(j2)) BUT.. I want to be able to type in words like NIL, NO, and DEFER in to cell M2...

4 replies Last reply on 9 Mar 2016 by
arieta

Carry forward formula

Closed

Hello, I'm trying to find if there is any formula to carry forward a figure to another spreadsheet on a daily basis. the cells were not at the sam...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Mar 2016 by
Computertech

Drop down list and auto copy data based on date in cell to anoth

Hello, I need help fast. I'm not the resident expert my boss think I am apparently. Excel 2010. I imported info from a Word Perfect document whi...

ac3mark

Vba tricky question

Hi All, I am working on excel and I need some help with VBA/macros. Basically, I have a variable called Y and I have a table of set values, call...

TrowaD

Compare two csv files

Closed

Hello, I have two csv files which has member details. I just have to compare both the files and confirm if its similar. Any way to do it through e...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Mar 2016 by
Computertech

Printing numerous copies

Hello, I have a seguential numbering macro that numbers a 2 part EWO - I want to be able to run more than 1 set at a time - how do I do that? C...

ac3mark

Sending data from one spreadsheet to multiple speadsheets

Hello, I am fairly new to VBA and have been searching for a solution for my problem but as yet have not managed to find one. I wish to send da...

TrowaD

Conditonal format a because of values in another cell

Solved

Hello, i am trying to figure out how i can format a cell to show green when above a figure and red when below the figure simple i know but here co...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Mar 2016 by
BrianGreen

Cursor in excel does not work

I use Window 7 and Office 2010 with license. I bought in Bangkok, Thailand. This morning my cursor in excel has been changed from arrow to be thick...

kieferschild

Arrow cursor has been changed to cross and cannot move any cell

Hello, Please help me, I cannot use cursor in excel to move cell or drag. Thanks & Regards, Configuration: Windows 7 / Mozilla 11.0

kieferschild

Function formula date and text

Solved

Good day I am looking for help with a function formula PLEASE. Example Decleration Start Date 2016.02.17 Last inv_ Inventory_ Decl frm 1...

4 replies Last reply on 7 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

Spellnumber vba in excel

Solved

Hello, I alreadly use spellnunber but the problem is it does not convert incorrect for my currency. Present Situation =SpellNumber(1,100,000) =...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Mar 2016 by
Lan

Conditional formatting for 2 columns

Hi I am currently using conditional formatting on cells with dates, I have used cell value rules to highlight a pending date within 14 days and one...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Mar 2016 by
BrianGreen

If a cell a contains x then display cell b value - please advise

Hello Everyone, How to get the cell B value when Call A1 is X the display what ever is there in Cell B1 as in Cell C. If not the leave the column b...

BrianGreen

How to change oct 26,2015 to 26-10-15

Hello, Can any one help me to change Oct 26,2015 to 26-10-15 in a excel cell. Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 44.0

kieferschild

Conditional formatting on an entire row

Solved

Hello, I want an entire row to turn red, only when one cell in that row is less than 0. I tried highlighting the whole row with the formula =A12

4 replies Last reply on 4 Mar 2016 by
AKA

Issue with date and text in if formula

Closed

Hello, I'm trying to write a function for a cell which refers to different descriptions in one column - where it only should combine some descript...

Computertech

Receiving an error message for vba

Hello, I was given a workbook to fix with 5 different sheets. The Summary sheet has a button to "Refresh Equipment List" which is supposed to ...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Mar 2016 by
ac3mark

How to sum row color

Hello, Please help us with how to sum numbers marked in different colors. Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 48.0.2564.116

TrowaD

Simple way in excel to copy data

Greetings, Can anyone help me. I am working on a huge project and looking for a simple way in Excel to copy data. If I have a master document w...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD

Copy rows from sheet 1 to sheet 2 if rule is met

Solved

Hi I have a contact list I need to extract data from. Full contact list is sheet 1 Names are in A2:A12948 Internal phone numbers in B2:B12948 ...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Mar 2016 by
sierranz

Vsb error autogenerate worksheet from list

Hello, So I have an excel that has mutiple worksheets "2016 Census" "Tracker Template" What I did was use a code to automatically pull data f...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Mar 2016 by
vcoolio

How do io open 2 different excel sheets simultaneously

Hello, How do I open 2 different excel sheets simultaneously. Thanks

vcoolio

Adding a value to a cell that contains text

Hello, Can someone please help me? I want my cell to have the word FREE written in it BUT I also want that cell to represent 0.00$ when I add it to ...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Mar 2016 by
ac3mark

Compare two spreadsheets to return a single value

Closed

Hello, I'm comparing two spreadsheets and I want to see if items appears on both spreadsheets. I've tried index match but I none of my columns hav...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Mar 2016 by
Computertech

Only partial return of search for copy and paste rows

Hello, I have a workbook with multiple worksheets with same format that has data in A4:K15 that I would like to search by any field and have the r...

4 replies Last reply on 1 Mar 2016 by
smcgrath171

Activate cells after data entry @a1 or cell 1

Hello Guys, Would you mind to help me on how to disable the rest of the cells unless upon inputting data on the first blank cell. (e.g., I input cha...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Mar 2016 by
TrowaD
Results 1801 - 1850 out of a total of 7,061