Excel Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 1801 - 1850 of about 9,840
  • Change cell color based on another column Solved/Closed

Hi All, I am not very good at excel, however I am looking for a solution for the following problem. There are two columns (Column A and Column B...

ritzutak | Latest reply: Ambucias Nov 24, 2016
    5 replies
  • Default ´Value in a Cell for User to fill it Closed

Hello Guys, I would like to know if there is a way to input a default value in a cell so that it can indicate the user about the information to ...

adikademani | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 24, 2016
    1 reply
  • Underlining a Value in a Variable Closed

Hello Guys, I have a variable which contains some value. I would like to underline it before printing it into a cell. I have used the following lin...

AdiK | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 24, 2016
    2 replies
  • Incorporating the text formating when Formula in used Closed

Hello Guys, In Cell A1, the text is "abc" (Note that "abc" is underlined). If i choose cell B1 and apply a formula as "=A1", the cell B1 shows "ab...

adikademani | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 24, 2016
    1 reply
  • Concatenating a variable.formula and variable.value Closed

Hello Guys, I would like to know if there is a way to concatenate a variable.formula and variable.value. I have written the following lines of...

AdiK | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 24, 2016
    1 reply
  • Transfer data between excel sheets Closed

Hello. I have converted pdf files into excel. So each pdf file presents sheets in a single workbook. Now the issue is I have around 100 sheets. But...

Bridge | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 24, 2016
    1 reply
  • Best resources to learn about PowerPivot? Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm expected to use PowerPivot extensively - meaning with complex data models. What would you recommand for a newbie who wants to learn?

GiantCheck | Latest reply: GiantCheck Nov 24, 2016
    0 replies
  • cond format for date column Closed

Hello, I am trying to apply cond. format to a date colunm to change color according to todays date +30, +60, and +90...all being different color fi...

joe | Latest reply: vinay Nov 24, 2016
    2 replies
  • in some cells dates format are changed Closed

Hello, the prblem is that when i upgraded to office 10 then formate of dates are changed in some cells of the worksheets and whn i changed the forma...

aditya | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 23, 2016
    1 reply
  • Excel vba to work on ALL workbooks - please help. Closed

Dear valuable members, I have this code: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)Lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cell...

Sam | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 23, 2016
    1 reply
  • Excel vba to work on ALL workbooks Closed

Hello, I have this code: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)Lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Cou...

Sam | Latest reply: Sam Nov 23, 2016
    0 replies
  • Find variable and paste name of sheet in another workbook Closed

hello, i need to search a variable in an existing workbook and then copy the name of the sheet in which it si contained and paste it against the varia...

Ashutosh tiwari | Latest reply: Ashutosh tiwari Nov 23, 2016
    0 replies
  • transfer specific data on to a second work sheet Closed

WORKBOOK 1 Services ALL - contains columns A-F (a- Qtr, b-Locality, c-Date, d- first name, e- surname, f- Comments) I have a WORKBOOK 2 with work...

lydianoble | Latest reply: lydianoble Nov 23, 2016
    0 replies
  • covert the date format into text in excel Closed

How to convert birthdate in text format in excel

sagar@1234 | Latest reply: sagar@1234 Nov 23, 2016
    0 replies
  • Append & Copy Data Automatically from Tab A to Tab B Closed

I'm trying to automatically append any new data from one excel tab (ReportExport) to another tab (MappingTool) if the vlookup on the MappingTool tab i...

vasweetheart05 | Latest reply: vasweetheart05 Nov 22, 2016
    0 replies
  • Wildcards or values in a macro? Closed

Hello, I created a macro (by recording) that looks at the names and picks them based on the full name. Is there a way to just use a wildcard? Instea...

sworcester | Latest reply: ac3mark Nov 22, 2016
    3 replies
  • How To Make an Excel Sheet Equal to Another Solved/Closed

Hi, I'm new in Excel, and what I'm trying to do is this: I want to make an entire sheet equal to another, except for one cell, so if I change somethi...

AML | Latest reply: Mark Han Nov 22, 2016
    5 replies
  • Macro to copy a sheet to a new sheet after a filter and sort Closed

Hello, I have a recorded macro that picks specific values in a list and sorts them to display only ones with those values. What I would like to do ...

sworcester | Latest reply: sworcester Nov 22, 2016
    0 replies
  • Macro to change the find option from 'workbook' to 'sheet' Closed

I cannot find a macro anywhere to change the find option from 'workbook' to 'sheet'? Any help greatly appreciated.

nonono | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 22, 2016
    1 reply
  • contain word, return value Closed

Hello, I would like some help. cell a1 contains London - abc cell a2 contains Tokyo - abcd cell a3 contains Singapore - abcde I would like...

james | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 22, 2016
    3 replies
  • Entering Formulas for a Master Sheet Closed

I want to track who has borrowed materials from a library. I have each resource on a separate sheet with information about the date borrowed, contact ...

SWEdwards | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 21, 2016
    3 replies
  • Macro for creating new workbooks from existing source file(excel Closed

Please provide the macro code for the following data source - 1 siddhesh 100000 09/02/1989 2 amol 100000 08/01/1991 3 siddhesh 150000 ...

siddhesh_sjoshi | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 21, 2016
    1 reply
  • If/then question Closed

Hello, If a cell contains any text except for one specific word, I want to return that exact text. If a cell is empty I want to return nothing. ...

Lmetz0804 | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 21, 2016
    10 replies
  • How to copy and paste entire rows into another worksheet automat Closed

Hi! I need to know the code I use to copy and paste entire rows into another worksheet automatically. The conditional value is in column A and row ...

Lin | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 21, 2016
    1 reply
  • Conditional formatting expert needed! Comparing 2 arrays. Closed

Hi all, I apologize for the vague title. but I could not think of a way to properly explain the problem in a single line with so few characters... ...

SaintNick | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 21, 2016
    3 replies
  • Copy paste Rename based on cell value Solved/Closed

Hello I have a worksheet named template. I need a VBA code which would copy "template" automatically into a new worksheet and rename the new wor...

Josephnb | Latest reply: Josephnb Nov 21, 2016
    7 replies
  • Copy data from one sheet to a new workbook and save loop Closed

Hello, I have a sheet with multiple values which I want to copy into a new workbook, in a certain format, save as a certain name and then repeat f...

marks88 | Latest reply: marks88 Nov 21, 2016
    2 replies
  • What function do I use to pull data prior to a certain date? Closed

Hello, I have a database that is organized quarterly. I would like to save myself from having to manually move data onto a new sheet after 3 month...

NSamm | Latest reply: fdibbins Nov 20, 2016
    2 replies
  • Changing date format into a text format Closed

Hello, I need to change a date format like 2/1/16 into a text number formatted like this 02/01/2016 or like this 020116? Is there a way to do thi...

cdumais | Latest reply: fdibbins Nov 20, 2016
    2 replies
  • Auto Fill Closed

Hi, May you help me on my excel using vba. I want to use the AUTO FILL function in excel to automatically fill different rows whenever the other row...

Sample | Latest reply: fdibbins Nov 20, 2016
    1 reply
  • can not open Closed

Hello, excel found unreadable content in 7iBfgO78r.894p do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? please i need solution how to ...

dhan | Latest reply: dhan Nov 19, 2016
    0 replies
  • Autocopy selected content from 1 sheet to another sheet Closed

Hello, I am creating a little database and I have several sheets called "Main", "study1", "study 2" and "study 3' I am only entering data into ...

Maxi | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 19, 2016
    14 replies
  • Searching for values and creating a list Solved/Closed

Hi there, I hope you can help me, so far I have managed to create a formula which searches a range of data (SKU’s) and returns a count of the occurr...

kswing | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 18, 2016
    7 replies
  • how to save file in different name from folder by macro Closed

i want to save a workbook from a worksheet in different folder every time i run a solver a solution is created that workbook file should be saved in...

kapmawa | Latest reply: kapmawa Nov 18, 2016
    0 replies
  • Expenses tables Closed

Hello, I am trying to build a table that lets me compare expenses over a period of 6 months in a small area. What I want to do, is input transactio...

imtheman0313 | Latest reply: imtheman0313 Nov 17, 2016
    0 replies
  • VBA Assistance - Excel Closed

Hi, I could really use some help. I currently run a monthly exercise through excel which is a bit laborious and time consuming due to the volume of...

Royle1979 | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 17, 2016
    1 reply
  • Dtabase Building Copy form master sheet to multiple other sheets Closed

Hi, I am after some help. A bit new to Excel and only have basic skills. I am currently setting a database up and need the data on my main workshe...

Harry | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 17, 2016
    1 reply
  • Copy Info From Multiple Worksheets to New Worksheet, No Macro Closed

Hello, I need to use conditional formatting/formulas to import cells of a certain value from multiple worksheets, into a new worksheet. I don't th...

CKins | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 17, 2016
    1 reply
  • how to connect db through input from userform Closed

Hello, i need to connect to db server with the inputs from the userform. here is the code. Please correct/add if any. user = Val(REPORT.TextBox...

Aadi | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 17, 2016
    1 reply
  • Ms Excel match an amount Closed

hi, In Ms Excel Work book, I need to match an amount of more than one presented cheqs , which are cleared today, I want to lookup the exact total of...

RehanZai | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 17, 2016
    1 reply
  • Copying Data/table from one sheet to other Closed

Hello, I have copied data from one sheet to another. When I deleted from first sheet this is automatically deleted from seecond sheet Configura...

MI | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Nov 17, 2016
    3 replies
  • Multi-worksheet recording Closed

Hey gang, Long time reader, first time poster. I'm trying to create an excel file to help me stay organized. I know how to pull data from one wor...

Eddie | Latest reply: Mark_Wales Nov 17, 2016
    1 reply
  • Error in .SelectedItems during File Picking Closed

Hello Guys, I am trying to save a file path in a variable using .SelectedItems but the code is showing "Runtime Error 450". Kindly help me by rec...

adikademani | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 15, 2016
    1 reply
  • Name Values Closed

Hi I have a sheet of people's names in C8 : C59 and D8 : D59. I would like a formula that can check these ranges and if it sees a specific name it ...

brendanconlin | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 15, 2016
    1 reply
  • Need to seperate data from one cell into multiple. Closed

Hello, I want to seperate and pull numbers from a paragraph in one cell. Eg: Temp: 35, rain: 2.56, humidity: 80% I want to seperate into se...

Hacky | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 14, 2016
    1 reply
  • Add data from one sheet to multiple sheet Closed

Hello, I have one concern that I have to split one sheet data into multiples sheets. Based on condition as below. Main Sheet:"Employeedata" ...

HKB | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 14, 2016
    1 reply
  • how to find value from a column with unique random values Solved/Closed

Hello, I need a formula that can get me a value from a column that has unique values and return another cell from that row, can someone help me? e...

student123456 | Latest reply: student123456 Nov 13, 2016
    4 replies
  • Creating macros in Excel Closed

I need to create a macro in Excel to produce values with two demical places and a dollar sign in the personal macro workbook. I have no idea how to d...

Tori | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 13, 2016
    1 reply
  • Moving a row in Excel Closed

Hello, I need to move a row completely from spreadsheet 1 to Spreadsheet 2, which has same rows and columns. Can anyone explain me step-by- step a...

Mary | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 13, 2016
    5 replies
  • Macro for Extracting row information into a new tab Closed

Hello I am in need of a macro that will find a name in one column and copy the entire row into a new tab on the same work book. Ex. For every ...

Rose | Latest reply: yg_be Nov 11, 2016
    1 reply