The discussions

Comparing dates in multiple columns and using one that matches

Solved

Hello, I have a table with multiple columns of date values and need to check whether a date in a certain column is less than that date and depende...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2016 by
Stovvy

Auto populate into a different tab based on cell value

Hello, My job involves tracking several POs for several different vendors. I am looking to compile several sheets of data into one workbook with d...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Oct 2016 by
vcoolio

Create & name worksheets from a list and copy data

Solved

Hi Guys Really new to this and thanks to previous posts on here I have managed to create code to complete the first part of my jigsaw, just struggl...

6 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2016 by
TrowaD

Vba macros help

Hello, I have a need to create a macro that is beyond my knowledge. I recently started trying to learn how to write simple macros in order to simp...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Oct 2016 by
ac3mark

Middle name extraction

Hi, I need to extract middle name from full name. for some case its working but in those names without middle name, it throws #VALUE! error. also ...

TrowaD

Formatting whilst using letters and numbers

I would like to conditionally format a spreadsheet based on grade progression, where the grade contains both a letter and number. The grades are n...

TrowaD

Conditional format make a row a color based on another cell

Hi, I have a large spreadsheet with many rows and columns. I want to color a row green when we have been paid on that line. There is a column ...

TrowaD

How to insert columns until a cell condition is met

Hi everyone. I'm not very good in macro and hope that anyone could give me some pointers. I have a worksheet (ie. Project A) whereby it contains he...

TrowaD

Paste data from specified cells to another when just typing comp

Hello, Hello, I am trying to use macros to copy data from several cells into different cells in another sheet. My data is consisting of Organizati...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Oct 2016 by
ac3mark

Macro to get random samples based on condition

How to create a macro which picks random 200 rows from a excel file which has huge data. Each column containing both empty and valued data.

TrowaD

If cell contains a word from a word bank, then return value

Hello, I need to be able to read a cell and see if it has any of the following word: John Jane Jake Jill Jack ect. Then return True on an...

Mazzaropi

Finding percentages

Hello, I'm not sure if i'm asking my question in the right place or not. I need to find percentage of attendance for a period of time. I have...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Oct 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Cell referrence

Hello, How can we referrence a particular cell value in date formate in another cell which has a multiple number? Thanks

1 reply Last reply on 30 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Lookup 2 cell headers one one sheet to find answer on another

Hello, I am trying to lookup the employee name and week # included on sheet A on sheet B in order to find the % of utilization during that week. ...

Mazzaropi

Need only date from text

Hello, how to get only date when a cell contains text. EX: MON 12/20/1968 12:30 . I want only the date 12/20/1968

Mazzaropi

Get value from cell to other sheet based on condtion

Hello, i have sheet with lot of data . i want to get some value of my sheet to other sheet in excel . for ex: Cell A | Cell B ==============AB ...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Issue in excel

Hello, i am unable to change the date format in excel... actually it show 42625 but while "F2: 9/12/2016 can you please help me to resolve the iss...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Excel dates

Closed

Hello, so how would july 7 1999 be written Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 53.0.2785.116

1 reply Last reply on 27 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Excel 2010 doubt

Closed

Hello, i have doubt in excel 2010 need to segregate the data after certain limits. Eg: fdkfkpfokdsl;kfdfkfdpifdflkd-k12383433326-05-2016 Descri...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Conditional formatting based on specific expiration date

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that tracks training my employees take. The cells include the dates (mm/dd/yyyy) that the courses were taken. Most of ...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Search then validate given values against given sheet.

I have two worksheets. One sheet is called "Valid" and contains values in the following cells: A1= 1234 A2= 123 A3= 12345 A4=123456 The other...

5 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Formula question: "if" function with date

Solved

I am attempting to create a formula that will enter "Yes" into cell P1 if: the date in Cell E1 is before 07/31/16 AND the date in cell B1 is after 07/...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Sep 2016 by
Kim

Highlight cells with text that match data validation menu

Solved

I see several similar questions on the forum but not quite the same and the answers don't seem to extend to my situation. I have an Excel sheet tha...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Sep 2016 by
Gamul1

Change cell colour based on other cells text

Hello, I really need help on this one as I can't work it out. I need to change the colour of a cell if that cell and the previous 12 cells do not c...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Keep drop down/ data validation with macro

Hello, I searched around a lot and could not find an answer to this: I need to replace values in a cell with a macro while keeping the "Data Valida...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Command button to move data from one sheet to another

Hello, I have a report with a data sheet and a data removed sheet. The data sheet is from column A:AC. In column Q I have different statuses tha...

8 replies Last reply on 19 Sep 2016 by
vcoolio

Formula to find out all the master id's

Hello, My first columns is a Master ID which is unique for every row. My 5th column is the item name where item name's do get repeated. I need a...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Copy potential data from one sheet to another if condition met

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read this, I have a very specific formula request, or at least a request for direction on how to write/lea...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Sep 2016 by
TrowaD

Need to match two values and return another value

I have two spreadsheets in which I need to match two values and return another value. So, in my case, if Column C and Row 24 match (in spreadsheet A) ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Compare data and summarize on seperate sheet

Hello, Each month I download a 1,000+ line of Part Numbers with inventory qty and value to an excel tab. I want to compare the part numbers to se...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Sep 2016 by
xpcman

Search/transfer patient data

Hello, If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Ok I have a spreadsheet with different patient names. If they are inpatient then ...

15 replies Last reply on 14 Sep 2016 by
vcoolio

If then formula question

Hello, If you have a value in cell a that equal 42:15 (42 hrs and 15 min) and in another cell you want it to look at that cell, determine if the hou...

15 replies Last reply on 13 Sep 2016 by
tderby

Pop up reminder vba

hello everyone, i have very little knowledge about excel vba, actually i am making an excel file. i want it have pop...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Sep 2016 by
Rthmanden

Validation code

Hello, Why can't I get a validation code? Configuration: iPhone / Safari 4.0

1 reply Last reply on 13 Sep 2016 by
BunoCS

Another copy from master to specific sheets

Hello everyone, First post here and I am not, by any means, an excel expert (my husband thinks he is, which is why I'm here, lol). So here is my qu...

12 replies Last reply on 12 Sep 2016 by
vcoolio

Macro for looping charting data keyed from two columns

Hello and thank you anyone for reading this. I have a quandary that is beyond my VB skills and am looking for any help possible. I need to find a ...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Macro to create new workbook and copy data

Solved

Hello I am looking for macro to copy rows based on partial cell content of a column. I have an excel spreadsheet called "arc.xlsx" from which I wou...

26 replies Last reply on 12 Sep 2016 by
Rthmanden

Macro to move data between sheets on condition

Hello, I am a beginner to using Macros in excel. I understand there are lots of things on here, and the internet in general, telling you how to cre...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Sep 2016 by
vcoolio

Excel date formula (if)

Hello, I'm in need of some assistance with an excel date formula. I'm need to look at 2 cells in the same row which contain dates or may be NULL...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Copying data

Hello, I presently have stock sheets with details of suppliers, items, quantities held-in stock and on display, price, etc. Whenever I reduce the q...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Sep 2016 by
vcoolio

Short cut between 2 sheet

can someone show me a short cut how to transfer a date or number from sheet 1 to sheet 2.

1 reply Last reply on 7 Sep 2016 by
ac3mark

Chart out a grid using excel

How can I build a grid using an existing excel sheet that already has the cell references and the name. This document has four groups each containing ...

ac3mark

Conditional formating

i have a row of initials: MM MM MM MM LL LL LL BB XX XX MM CC CC CC, each pair is a column these correspond to booking dates, so if the initial next...

xpcman

To get notification in outlook from excel

hi iam using excel for my work and i am trying to manage due dates ie if a due date is arrived it shoud be be notified in outlook as notification with...

xpcman

Conditional formatting between 2 different columns

Hello, If someone can please help me. I have 2 columns. One column needs to be formatted w/ a specific color within a range of numbers depending o...

Mazzaropi

Compare values in two columns and return the value from third

Solved

Hello, I've a table containing four columns. If the values in the first two columns match to particular value (eg. A1="xxxx" and B1="yyy"), I need...

11 replies Last reply on 7 Sep 2016 by
keshav

Place specfic text in cell based on text in an adjacent cell

Solved

Hello Folks, Per the preface, I have a cell that has validation rules of "Concur, Non-concur". If the user selects "Non-concur" for that cell, I ...

5 replies Last reply on 6 Sep 2016 by
TrowaD

Change format of a cell when another cell is not null

How do I highlight a cell or row when another cell contains anything? Thanks!

1 reply Last reply on 6 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Conditional formating

Hello, I'm trying to make multiple cells turn red if a single cell has a certain value. So for example is B3 says "abc" cells B3:F21 should turn r...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Sep 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Find duplicate rows and copy content of one cell to new sheet

Hello, I'm totally new to macros and excel. I have an excel spreadsheet with huge data in it (over 9lakh rows). There are many entries that are ex...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Sep 2016 by
pacchiee
Results 1401 - 1450 out of a total of 7,061