The discussions

Moving columns based on text

Suppose data is like this: 3 3 OPG 4 5 2 5 3 MCG 0 4 3 0 4 ELG 4 2 4 7 5 CTG 4 2 1 I want a macro ...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Jun 2014 by
Blind156

How to do recursive searches in excel

Hi, I have two worksheets. I need to be able to traverse a column in the first sheet and for each cell, compare it to a cell in the second sheet. If ...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Jun 2014 by
venkat1926

Cell auto filled with dots

Solved

Hello, I sow it once but not sure where and can't work out how to do it. Basically, if I write things in excel, I need it to be auto filled with do...

4 replies Last reply on 19 Jun 2014 by
jutulu

Automatically transfer data from one sheet to another

Hello, I have a workbook in sheet1 details of materials issued to dealer for job work Sheet1 Columns: Dealer name, Date, Challan No, Item, Qty, etc ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

How to copy data from one excel table to other

I have two sets of excel tables. The master table has got several columns with heads defined. Similarly, the row heads have also been defined. Now...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Error in date formate

find attachment of date format issue .......how resole the error please let me know

2 replies Last reply on 19 Jun 2014 by
vinayak1986

Vlookup problem?

I have 4 Column A,B,C,D A=date B=MarketValue C=Results D=Numbers when i use the vlookup formula in other sheet it not working =vlookup(A2,Shee...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jun 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Deleting rows with no data (in a range)

Hello, I have a sheet that I have been working on..all working fine, however I have one last bit that I cant seem to get right. Worksheet - "Fr...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Jun 2014 by
rizvisa1

Total and avg. data from another worksheet based on day of week

I am doing tracking for my employer. I have a sheet (Sheet 1) that I input data for every day of that month(i.e. 1st-31st) in the adjacent column I li...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Insert date from one sheet to another sheet ?

Dear Sir I have Two Sheets one Name is FirmDate and Other Event i want i put one date in Event and 260 Dates FirmDate uper of Select date in i...

TrowaD

Excel how to question

Hello, I did not intend to offend anyone when i originally posted this message, I am new to forums and was not aware of the policy. I do apologize. ...

TrowaD

Macro to rearrange data

I would like to enter a data as shown in the sheet 1 pic below and want it to be stored as shown in sheet 2. Can someone share how to code using macr...

8 replies Last reply on 16 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting special

Hi, I'm trying to create a conditional formatting to highlight the column if the cell in row 4 ="S". I can do it one column at the time, like the ru...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

If formula

hi all Please help me with this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. if date in column A which refers to a text in column B..(A1 date...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Jun 2014 by
akram786

Auto select print area and prints

can anybody explain the Macro for auto select print area and print with a Print button in any cell i've a sheet with receipt. and i want to print r...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Jun 2014 by
man.jangra

How to delete strings of words from a range of cells

Solved

I have a list of website for which some start with www. and others start with http://. I have been trying to remove the "http://" from all the cells a...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Jun 2014 by
Arrissa

Need formula for automatic date update in same cell

Solved

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of a formula that would allow excel to change a date in a cell automatically once a certain date had passed?...

5 replies Last reply on 13 Jun 2014 by
Osama_bb11

If formula

What is the mistake in this formula ?? =IF((D10>(B10/2))&((F10)

1 reply Last reply on 13 Jun 2014 by
ac3mark

How to show/hide excel worksheet using userform

Hello, I have prepared one user form and given option button & submit button. I have 4 worksheet. My queries is.... 1. If I select Option 1...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Using sheets in excel

Hi, I am using excel 2007 and have a product database in sheet 1 with multiple columns. I want to take selected columns from this product datab...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Changing cell background color based on another cells background

Hi guys. Quick question, is there anyway to change a cell background color based on another cell background being a particular color? I have a r...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Match formula in excel

to match data in one column to another and result from another column.

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Excel macro to search for specific cell and subtract value

Good evening guys, My first question here. I'm being beaten by an Excel Macro, I've done some before but this appears to be beyond me. I'm tryin...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Wanted to insert column in excel sheet using macro.

Sub test() Dim j As Integer, k As Integer j = Range("B1").End(xlToRight).Column 'j is the last column For k = j To 2 Step -1 Range(Cells(1, k), C...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jun 2014 by
venkat1926

Excel conditional formatting

I have a worksheet that contains a row of payments per month....I want to include in a separate cell the amount of payments that are over $60 per mont...

4 replies Last reply on 7 Jun 2014 by
kstar234

Macro to move rows to a new location

Hi, I was hoping for a macro that if in column "C" of an excel spreadsheet it has the number 8 or 9, the whole row gets moved 5 spaces below the the l...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jun 2014 by
venkat1926

Conditional format based on another cell on another page

I have two databases. One is a list of parents and the other a list of students. The parents each have a unique 'Parent ID.' I need to evaluate each ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Jun 2014 by
venkat1926

Column change where pull values from according to the month

Hi All, Please let me know if the below are possible and how: I have a workbook with multiple sheets named "SUMMARY" (Master sheet), "MAR", "APR...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2014 by
buznac

Creating a macro to find text and then merge cells

Solved

Hi- I need some help with creating a macro. I haven't been able to get it to record correctly and I am completely illiterate in Visual Basic. ...

6 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Convert numeric date into words

hi want to know how to convert date into words(english) in excel 2003 or 2007 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Two April 2010 or Twenty Tw...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2014 by
TrowaD

Macro in excel to copy and paste selected from one sheet

Hi I have an excel with couple of sheets. 1st sheet contains summarized data. Now I want to scatter the summarized data and copy the same data in t...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2014 by
venkat1926

Edate if then scenario

I have a date column of original date of action. I have another column that has a formula to give me 6 months from that date (which is when additiona...

1 reply Last reply on 30 May 2014 by
ac3mark

Insert one new copy row

i need help pleas :) i want to insert one new row every time Verifies the condition and also copy some cells from last row like if(y3="y",...

2 replies Last reply on 30 May 2014 by
ravenyaad

Automatically insert the current date into one cell when "x" is

I'm trying to create and IF formula. What I want it to do it automatically insert the current date into one cell when "x" is typed into a different ce...

1 reply Last reply on 30 May 2014 by
venkat1926

To get a price from price list while making a purchase order

Hi,I would like to know how to create a macro code I have two files one named Price list and other Purchase Order. Actually I wanted like this ,the pr...

5 replies Last reply on 30 May 2014 by
venkat1926

Use conditional formatting to copy entire rows

Hello, My name is Brandon I'm new to the forum and am thrilled to have found a community that specializes in excel. The current issue I'm having i...

1 reply Last reply on 29 May 2014 by
venkat1926

Page set up

Hi.. In Excel , I need to have at last paper from the sheet a different ( first row ) not matching the (repeated rows at the top of each paper from...

2 replies Last reply on 27 May 2014 by
Osama_bb11

Bold text

Solved

Hello Sir, I required the macro to bold some specific text in cell like: Below mentioned formula is written in cell ="We are enclosing herew...

1 reply Last reply on 27 May 2014 by
TrowaD

Broken brain! can you help?

Hi guys, As a relative newbie to excel I've been trying to solve a referencing problem for days and I'd be hugely grateful to anyone who can solve ...

1 reply Last reply on 27 May 2014 by
venkat1926

Auto-copy rows based on their values to a new sheet

Hello, This is my first time in a forum like this but I have already browsed through a lot of sites regarding how to do this. I have been using ...

5 replies Last reply on 26 May 2014 by
TrowaD

Finding duplicate value and display the duplicate cell address

Hi, I'm a new member. I've data of different roads with their distance data in multiple sheets ie., different sheets for different years. I want chec...

6 replies Last reply on 26 May 2014 by
shashidharga

Need vba code to transfer data from sheet3 to row1 of sheet2?

Solved

Hi dears, I need a VBA Code which can transfer the LAST ROW's (ie 15 or 29 or may be any other) Data of Sheet 3 to ROW 2 of Sheet 2 . Reason to Trans...

2 replies Last reply on 24 May 2014 by
hmk950

Preguntas en excel en computacion

digame cual la funcion que de daba la fecha y hora en excel

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Want to create macro...help required

Dear All, I have two sheet one containing first sheet containig below columns 1)customer name 2)customer type 3)customer tel no. 4)customer res...

5 replies Last reply on 22 May 2014 by
TrowaD

Copy & paste in excel using macros

Dear Friends, I have a interesting query about the heading. I have a master excel file, in which I want to copy the content of the another Excel f...

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2014 by
venkat1926

Excel - can i return a date from 2 values in different columns?

Hi everyone, I have a spreadsheet which uses weeks (1,2,3 & 4) and days (M,T,W,T,F,S,S or 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 doesnt matter which). Can I use a look up t...

2 replies Last reply on 20 May 2014 by
junerey

Excel clarrifications...

Hi, i need to convert the values into currence words, and i got the module codes, once i pasted those codes the spellindian function is working prope...

1 reply Last reply on 20 May 2014 by
TrowaD

Split data into several rows of same data

Solved

Hello, I would like to split a row of data into several rows of same data in MS Excel. For example, I have an item with standard packing size of 100p...

25 replies Last reply on 19 May 2014 by
emily1214

I want to run macro and

Dear All, On daily basis i am gunning some barcode in sheet1 i also have one master excel sheet where all barcode and schedule number available and...

1 reply Last reply on 19 May 2014 by
xpcman

Warning to come up if today surpasses a certain date

Any ideas what is wrong with this formula? I want the warning to come up if today surpasses a certain date. It is to warn me of when permits need to b...

1 reply Last reply on 19 May 2014 by
TrowaD
Results 3101 - 3150 out of a total of 7,061