The discussions

Using vba code: add borders if conditions met

Hello, I am at the very beginning stages of trying to learn VBA in Excel 2007. I am trying to merge some cells in the next row, and I would...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Feb 2012 by
Josh

Vba copy/paste cells then drop 1 row for next

Solved

Hello, I am making a questionaire. When the questionaire is complete I want to copy the answers to another worksheet then reset the answers to zero...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Feb 2012 by
shannon

Calculations date & time in excel

Closed

Hello, I used office 2003. In excell 2003 i formatted cells to dd hh:mm from dd/mm/yy hh:mm, in order to do calculations and it was ok. Now i...

pcsces

Textbox on excel uerform problem

Closed

I have a userform with several textboxes on it. The info that is typed into the textbox is copied into a cell in a spreadsheet where it is used to per...

pcsces

Microsoft excel 2010

Hello, I would like to figure out how to get a web address that I use to get data from the internet to always use the date that I put in cell A1. Any...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Feb 2012 by
RWomanizer

Excel formula help please

Hello, I have only worked with formulas when working with numbers but I need to know what formula I can use. I need a formula to take a column that ...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel 2007 filter bringing back last row

Hello, When I apply the filter option for a particual item, the last row of the data is being displayed even though it does not match the criteria. ...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Feb 2012 by
venkat1926

Multiple sheet data in one sheet in excel

Hello, Want to copy data from multiple sheet from multiple columns in one workbook can you please help me with that macro as well Pran...

4 replies Last reply on 27 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel macro - copy data from one line, append

Hello, I have a spread sheet created from a PDF to XLS program. I have lines in which the address appears on two lines, with the extra text fallin...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Feb 2012 by
OKBigKid

Excell delete row where column a = column b

Hello, This should be simple but I can't find the solution. I need to delete rows from a spreadsheet where column A = column B. Please help. ...

3 replies Last reply on 24 Feb 2012 by
aquarelle

Excel formula

Hello, I am working on log spreadsheet. The concept is to keep a log of all of our near miss activities at work like a broken chair that needs to ...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel help

Hello, I'm trying to set a formula in below way, but it doesn't work, why?ould u plzz help? =IF(J10="Safari 4.5",650,IF(J10="Safari 7",850,IF...

4 replies Last reply on 23 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Formula challenge for the excel wizzards. please help

Hello, This might be a long explanation, but only because I want to be clear about the problem. I have 3 different Workbooks and the names are ...

RWomanizer

Excel 2010 formula/macro help

Hello, I'm hoping some of you excel wiz's can help me, I've been off the tools too long. Worksheet 1 Column A contains dates Column B contain...

RWomanizer

Excel logic

Hello, I am trying to create a worksheet in excel that will allow me to add a certain amount if 2 conditions are met. So far I can only get it to a...

RWomanizer

Insert row in excel by criteria

Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 10.0.2 I want to insert row in excel using formula because i have dates in the and there is da...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Feb 2012 by
pcsces

Copying value to another worksheet

Closed

Hello, I am trying to copy a value for from one worksheet, do some math --> say I have three values that I want to subtract separately from cell i...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Feb 2012 by
pcsces

Excel conditional formatting row color

Closed

Hello, Column A indicates what type of transaction I've made (ie POS/ATM/CASH/Bill Pay) Column D is the date the transaction has cleared my bank. ...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Feb 2012 by
pcsces

Excel macro - create new files from ranges

Hi. I am trying to create a macro that will create new excel files for ranges of rows in a worksheet. I want to copy the range F5:S61 and paste i...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2012 by
Jiminie.Glick

Enter sheet update other worksheet with text

Hello, Can anyone help me with this problem. I am updating leave availability , As soon as I enter the name in one worksheet the other workshee...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

How to determine cell value in excel column

Solved

Hello, Sorry the title is really vague, it's hard to describe with a limited number of characters. I have a column (C) which contains a full li...

4 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2012 by
Nick

Macro - sort range error

Closed

Hello, I've created a Macro within Excel that is supposed to Delete, Formulate and Sort data.. I've managed to get the Macro to the point where it...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Feb 2012 by
pcsces

Worksheet_change from a data validation list

Hello, I want my pivots to rebuilt when a value in range("Book_Select") is changed. This range is a drop down data valiation list. What is wrong w...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Feb 2012 by
aquarelle

Comparing values of 1 excel cell with column

Hello, Please can you assist me with this excel formula? In sheet 1 I have business rules specified in column A and all the requirements that exe...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel macro

Solved

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a small (I think) problem, please? I'm trying to write a macro to manipulate a spreadsheet sent to m...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Feb 2012 by
MacroNewbie

Pull data from one tab/sheet to another

Hello, Configuration: Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 9.0 Reading all of these posts I get a lot of ideas, but since I am a novice at this ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Feb 2012 by
venkat1926

Hide rows without conditional formatting

Closed

Hello, I'm creating an Excel spreadsheet and want to give it a cleaner look by hiding the contents of a row based on the value of a cell in that ro...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Feb 2012 by
Beverley

Macro help

Hello, I am new to VB and Excel. I've got the following code: I've got everything working fine, but need the entire row to change colors...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Feb 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel search and save problem

Hello, I'm a total Excel noobie so I hope you can help me, I will try and be as brief as posible. Each week I will be getting an Excel CSV of 4...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

How to make secondary cells color of primary

Hello, Is there a way to make cells automaticaly change to the color I chose for another? Example: I decide to make cell A1 red. When I do this ...

TrowaD

Filter-cut-paste to other sheet

Hello, Could you please help me on this one, i have a data sheet and i want to filter then cut the data if the criteria is met (Adhoc,Chaser,Excep...

TrowaD

Compare cell a1 to entire a col in sheet2

Solved

Hello, I have been trying to compare sheet1 A2 to sheet2 A2 through A500 and if it exists somewhere in sheet2's a col then copy that entire row to ...

7 replies Last reply on 9 Feb 2012 by

Excel problem

Solved

Hello, Hello, I am hoping that someone can help with the following problem, I have a list of numbers, golf staplford scores, located in cell...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Feb 2012 by
ptkdave

Macros and histograms

Hello, I want to create a histogram on sheet2 while the data required is on sheet1 using a macro. everytime I try, it either says no data availabl...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel - copy data macro

Solved

Hello, I am currently learning the tricks in excel but have become stuck. I have created an expenses sheet where employees record various expenses...

6 replies Last reply on 9 Feb 2012 by
fazster

Transfer value between cells

Closed

Hello, i am maintaining attendance on daily basis per day per sheet. but sheet 1 contains only number of present on that day. how to auto up...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Feb 2012 by
pcsces

Excel question

Closed

Hello, I am trying to find out how to get the following working, I have a list of numbers located in cells D-AN, these random numbers are loaded we...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Feb 2012 by
pcsces

Excel macro-pasting on next available row

Hello, I am having issues with my macro, I hope someone can help. I have a list, where I would like the macro to see if the value in Column J "Paid...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Feb 2012 by
TrowaD

Read data from one excel and write to other

Hello, I am a newbie. I am trying to find out if we can achieve the below scenario using macros. We have 2 excels in our case. Excel1 contain...

TrowaD

Copy the data from this sheet to other sheet

Hello, I have a problem about macro excel as: I have the data in file excel: Exam: Vendor account Date Invoice Due date Amount c...

msweli

Convert rows to cols

Hello, I have an example as below A cac 20 A dwp 22 B cac 15 B dwp 22 B erp 20 I want output as A CAC 20 DWP 22 B ...

venkat1926

Conditional formatting based on 2 cells

Hi, I want to use conditional formatting to highlight a whole row based on text in 2 different cells. For example: I have 10 columns and I need...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Feb 2012 by
venkat1926

Help with macro

hey folks i am trying to create a macro to copy lines of data to another worksheet baed on the original date meeting certain criteria I have a s...

4 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2012 by
Yizzal

How to move data in rows to columns

Solved

The data now is in the below format 1 2 3 9 15 16 20 25 1 This has to come in this format 1 2 3 9 15 16 20 25 1 ...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Feb 2012 by
Ema

If, then statement in excel

Solved

Hello, This formula sounds easy to come up with, but I cannot figure it out. I'm trying to figure out how to add a certain amount of days to a dat...

4 replies Last reply on 3 Feb 2012 by
Fergie

Vba code in excel to work for many sheets

Dears who can help me. I have excel file includes 30 sheets for different 30 employees. I have the following VBA code. Private Sub Worksheet_C...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Feb 2012 by
aquarelle

Copy data from one sheet to a master sheet

Hello, I have a worksheet, sheet1 where I enter the product code and it gives me the Bill of Materials for this product. I would now like to cop...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Feb 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel

Closed

Hello, I am trying to make it easier to get expense totals by category. I have created a spreadsheet that has text (expense categories -- meals, ...

pcsces

Vba for repeating groups of rows

Closed

Hello, I need to copy several rows of data n times. An example of the data would be: 63111 64546 67818 So that the results of the VBA would...

pcsces

Excel: populate data based on criteria

Solved

Hello, Good day. I would like to populate data from 1 sheet to another sheet based on certain criterias. With reference to the sample data provide...

12 replies Last reply on 31 Jan 2012 by
venkat1926
Results 4351 - 4400 out of a total of 7,061