The discussions

Vba macro help

Closed

So i have multiple sheets with data and i was wondering if a Macro could be written to pick up values from one excel file and color the cell in anothe...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Feb 2016 by
Computertech

If a cell a contains x then display cell b value

Closed

Hello, How to get the cell B value when Call A1 is X the display what ever is there in Cell B1 as in Cell C. If not the leave the column blank or ...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Feb 2016 by
Computertech

Use date to return value of 1

Hi, can anyone tell me how to use the entry of a date field to return a value of 1 in Excel? I need to tabulate items where a date is the entered reco...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Feb 2016 by
RayH

Formula

Solved

Hi please I am looking for a formula to get difference between 2 sheets example sheet 1 sheet 2 ndc quantity nd...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Feb 2016 by
RayH

How to convert date of birth in word

Dear Sir, With reference to the above mentioned subject, I want the solution in excel for change the date of birth in words. For Example :- if I wi...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

2 rows into one in excel

Closed

Hello, I would like to sort 2 rows of excel into one A B 2 4 5 6 To C 2 4 5 6

1 reply Last reply on 26 Feb 2016 by
Computertech

Need cell value copy to defferent -2 work sheets within a excel

Solved

Hello, hi all i need to maintain a MIS on daily basis. in this, i need to enter same values multiple times on individual worksheet within a excel...

3 replies Last reply on 25 Feb 2016 by
BrianGreen

Excel / comparing data

Hello, my name is Malwina. I would very much appreciate your help, please. I was trying to compare the spreadsheets but really have no idea ho...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

Transfer data from an old report to a new one

Good evening everyone. I'm trying to develop a macro that will compare data between two versions of the same report. The old file, contains a list o...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Feb 2016 by
thanpanag

Identify value "o/b", if true search column for "/"

Hello, Im trying to make a break list to be active on a daily basis in a workplace, currently it works immacutely but i have hit a speedbump in co...

TrowaD

Excel function to check neighbour cells match for all

Solved

Hi, I need to check if (each) cell in column A is having a match in column B, Example as below: Column A is phone numbers list, column B is mes...

3 replies Last reply on 25 Feb 2016 by
Dan slow

How to map 2 different columns in from 2 different excel files?

Dear All, I am trying to Map values from 2 different columns from 2 different excel files. I am unsure as how to invoke the sheets and print the re...

anjanasundaram

Multiple if functions

Hello, I am trying to built a multiple If condition. I want excel to search for 2 words in an array "Lose" and "Tie". If it finds "Lose" then i want r...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Feb 2016 by
RayH

A1 draws amount from other cells by live date.

I'm stumped. I need the value in cell A1 to change automatically the first of each month. Column A2:A13 has dates for the first day of Jan through D...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Feb 2016 by
RayH

To change cell value automatically

Solved

Hello everyone here, this is my first question in this forum. In Excel 2013, If I type 1 in cell A1, then it should automatically change as Apple in s...

9 replies Last reply on 22 Feb 2016 by
Dhanuj

Help with if statement / vlookup (i think)

Solved/Closed

I work for a planning company where we submit lots of applications to do with housing. Different application types have different lengths until decisi...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Feb 2016 by
ac3mark

Help w/if statement

Solved

Hello, Let us say I have 3 columns, column A is home email, column B is work email, and column C is other email. On column D, I want to return th...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Feb 2016 by
Ann

Multiple options for if in a drop down menu

hello, i trying to make a drop down list in which u can select food and it has a price so in the drop down list there is a3,a4 AND a5(in the drop do...

3 replies Last reply on 21 Feb 2016 by
RayH

Searching for a specific values on multiple sheets using macro

Hello, I have multiple different sheets, for example I have 4 sheets now. first sheet,second sheet, third sheet, forth sheet. each sheet has 5 ...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Feb 2016 by
Fajr123

Macro help

Solved

Greetings fellow users! I am in need of some assistance: Recently, I have created a macro in which I need to copy 100+ variables from one sh...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Feb 2016 by
futurepsych92

The perpetual question: auto-populating sheets based on criteria

Hello, I realize this question has been asked in a million iterations, but my understanding of programming is so nonexistent that I can't confiden...

5 replies Last reply on 19 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

Vba single click to get current date

Solved

Hello, I'm brand new to VBA and the code that bhargav posted on Feb 6, 2013 10:48AM worked perfectly to get current time in a range of cells with ...

10 replies Last reply on 19 Feb 2016 by
sroche317

Macro to create, name and fill new sheets based data set

Sorry, I realize this question gets asked all the time. What I'm looking for seems different enough that I will need some specific help. The post righ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

Moving view, not moving selection

Hi there :-) Is there a way to keep the selection, e.g. multiple cells, but move the view to the top of the sheet? Of course another way than scrol...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

How do i get a value in a cell based on another cell

Hi, How can I get excel to fill in some information for me? I want the value in column A to be filled in based on the value in either column B ...

TrowaD

How to compare two excel sheets with varying data

Solved

Hello, Before I start let me just say Thanks in advance. So I am looking for an ongoing updated answer. Every 3 months we receive a new price lis...

15 replies Last reply on 18 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

I need to copy the hyper link as well as the text in the followi

Closed

I am new to VBA, This code looks in one sheet and pastes it in a new sheet, but does not copy Hyper link, can this be done. Range(wsO.Cells(1, 1...

Computertech

Ranking sorting problem

Hello I would appreciate some help on the following formula problem. I have a game where some teams have wins, losses and draws. My problem arises wh...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Feb 2016 by
whatsit

Vba code for duplicating excel workbook

Hi all! My company use delay logs where we record delays everyday for different customers. At the moment every morning we're having to manually ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

Formula that can automatically classify monthly expenses

Hello, i need a formula that can automatically classify monthly expenses. I want the amount to be transferred to the similar subhead automatically as ...

TrowaD

One million and two hundred thousand only

I have try edit vba code in Excel for spell cu1,200,000 = One million and two hundred thousand only change in to One million and Two San only. please...

TrowaD

Downloading

Hi, can yoy help me how to download excel or spreadsheet using open office. I need it for my job. Thank you very much

1 reply Last reply on 14 Feb 2016 by
BrianGreen

Copy the data of a row based on identifying the data in a cell

Hello, I have data in about 20 columns and 100 rows There are some blank cells in column "I" (about 20 blank cells totally in "I" column, at di...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

If function

Hello, How many times we can use IF function in single formula?

1 reply Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
rizvisa1

Cell = yes or other text return value

Solved

Hello, I'm using IF statements to return a value for the specifc answer supplied for the question and then adding up all the questions for the t...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

Need to learn excel how

i need excelent in ms excel , how any ways ,suggestion or reference sites..i thank full to your help.

1 reply Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
smuneeb

How to check % value in excel and macro using vbscript?

Solved

Want to check a cell with % percentage format matches the value in Vbscript code. Sub ChangeColor() Dim lRow Dim myVar lRow = Range("AC" & Row...

4 replies Last reply on 11 Feb 2016 by
anjanasundaram

Formula to copy rows a set number of times

Solved

Hello, I have a delivery manifest that shows the amount of products coming in, descriptions etc. that we use to produce barcode labels. Unfortunatel...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Feb 2016 by
Sadat

Vba copy data from a range and paste to empty column

Hello, I have a set of values in range P6:P15. At the end of each month, I would like to copy and paste the data from the current month column to ...

7 replies Last reply on 10 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

Automatically transfer excel row to a different sheet based

Hello, I have a spreadsheet for paid & unpaid invoices from our customers and would like to have the row automatically move once I mark it pa...

vcoolio

Vba using subroutines - help please

Solved

Ok guys, I have a problem (well more than one, but Im not sure I should mention those on this forum!). Im in the process of writing an Excel macro ...

BrianGreen

Sort type and size excel formula

Hello, can someone please help? I'm trying to write a formula that would sort Type and Size on the following spreadsheet which has the following: ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

Extracting matched observation and its corresponding row

Hello, I have excel sheet containing around 100K observations (rows). There is one column say "A" containing some IDs and each ID is having 10 par...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

Can't change format of cell

Hello, Using Excel 2013. I have a document which consists of various combinations for padlocks in a format of 00-00-00 most come out correct...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD

Date format nightmare

Solved

solved with this: Because it is not a date to excel. 1. Select the column in which there was date 2. Goto data and choose text to column 3....

1 reply Last reply on 5 Feb 2016 by
xpcman

Excel sum value...

Solved

Dear I would like to know how to do the below mentioned formula I have tried but not resulted. Excel - Sum value in column when cells contains ...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Feb 2016 by
anazar

Formula help

Solved

Can someone please help me with this formula =IF(G2="1",VSC410, IF(G2="2",VSC450, IF(G2="3",VSC470))) What i am trying to do is : if G2 has the...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

Conditional formatting based on year

Solved

Guys, I come again cap in hand with another plea for help on a sort of finished project, but I want to make it better. I have some conditional f...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Feb 2016 by
BrianGreen

Extracting rows from excel

Solved

Hi there, I have an excel sheet with a very large data. I want to extract different rows and write them in to different sheets of the same excel (or ...

3 replies Last reply on 1 Feb 2016 by
vcoolio

Increment cell value based on change in value of another cell

Hello, Say I have a value of 100 in cell B3 and I need this value to increase/decrease based on the change in value of A2. How do I do that? For e...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Feb 2016 by
TrowaD
Results 1851 - 1900 out of a total of 7,061