Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
You can change the background in your WhatsApp chats to add an extra dimension of customization. In this article we will show you how to change the wallpaper of the WhatsApp chat screen for both Android and iOS devices, and how to change the background for one specific person.
How to change the WhatsApp background on iPhone?
This method will change the WhatsApp background color, or wallpaper, for all of your contacts at the same time. If you want to only change the background for one contact in particular, then go to the final section on this page.
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats.
- Click on Chat Wallpaper.
- Select your background from either Wallpaper Library, Solid Colours or Photos:
How to change the WhatsApp background on Android?
Open WhatsApp Messenger and tap on the Menu key.
- Go to Settings > Chats.
- Tap on Wallpaper.
- Tap on Android System > Gallery.
- Choose a photo.
How to change the WhatsApp background for just one contact?
If you only want to change the WhatsApp background for one specific contact, or to have different backgrounds for each of your contacts then you can do exactly that.
- Select the WhatsApp contact that you want to give a specific wallpaper for. Then click on their name at the top of the page to got to account details.
- Here, select Wallpaper & Sound, then Choose a New Wallpaper. This will be the wallpaper that is assigned specifically to this contact. You can choose a generic background, or even use a photo from your photo album. A little tip: the darker wallpaper, the better it is for your battery life. Photos and bright images can drain your battery life quicker.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!