Windows 8.1 - How to disable fast startup mode
The fast startup mode saves the state of the system at each shutdown and allow you to restart your Windows 8/8.1 tablet, PC or laptop faster. But in return, you won't have access to the following features at startup:
- Access to the BIOS
- Access to the boot menu
- Start Windows in Safe Mode
If you need to disable the fast startup feature of Windows 8.1, follow the below procedure:
- Press Windows + X and from the menu displayed, select "Power Options".
- Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".
- Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable", to unlock the "greyed out" options
- In the "Shutdown" section, uncheck "Turn on fast startup".