The discussions

Excel move a1 to a2 in a formula

Closed

Hello, I have a 9 digit zip code in column A. I need to phyically move the first 5 digits to column B cell by cell, i.e. A1 to B1, A2 to B2, e...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jun 2011 by
bionik

Excel question

Hello, I am using Excel for inventory and invoicing. They are in different workbooks. I have to fill in the information in each workbook. My ques...

rizvisa1

Simple excel formula help

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.17 Hey guys I'm doing some project on Excel for a class. When it comes to entering and crea...

TrowaD

Excel row removal/selection

Closed

Hello, I am trying to select certain rows from a very large data sheet. Ideally I would like to select every 25th row so as to get a random sample of...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Jun 2011 by
amaresh

Excel 2007 conditional format question

Hello, I have an excel 2007 file which I wish to be able to highlight a row if the first two cells in that row equal "Large code model" in the fir...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel - macro|group by|based on time interval

Hello, I need to write a macro for following example (copy and paste to excel with comma separated ',' delimiter). MS start and MS end column have...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Jun 2011 by
vreexs

Cut entire row to another sheet based on cell

Hello Dears, If any one can help me. I have 2 excel sheets, Sheet1 "All Invoices" and sheet2 "PAID Invoices". In sheet1 I have several column...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel: check text in cell, add values

Hello, I'm trying to create a formula to check a cell for a certain string of text, and then if it contains it, take the value of a number in that...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Comparing & replicating data, 2 excel sheets

Hello, all. I have 2 sheets of a spreadsheets I'm looking at in Microsoft Office Excel 2007. On the first sheet: a) I have 300,000 rows of user inf...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel help

Hi Everyone. Hope you guys can help. This is what I need I have 3 sheets in excel. Sheet 1 is my master and has products listed according t...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel formula to create rows based on qty

Hello, I have an Excel 2010 worksheet with the following data Name ID Qty Joe 123 15 Bob 456 8 Ed 234 ...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel name match query

Solved

Hi I have a column (A) in excel that lists all of the staff in an organisation, and in column B is their telephone number. In column C is a list o...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Jun 2011 by
Guest user

Need individual sheet data to copy to main sh

Hello, I have a workbook I've created to track sales leads. I have a main sheet called "directory" and individual sheets for each business I conta...

7 replies Last reply on 1 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Recording macro with if(or(and function

Hello, I have recorded a macro on Excel with the function IF(OR(AND done but when I try to run the macro file in the test datafile, an error occur...

16 replies Last reply on 31 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Split data into multiple sheets using macro

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 4.0 I have an excel sheet with the data in following manner. a b c d 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 ...

16 replies Last reply on 31 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Inserting rows with formulae on existing data

Hello, I wanted to know if a macro could help me deal with the following: The data is something like this: Column Field1 Field2 Field3...

3 replies Last reply on 31 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Filter excel data using formula

Hello, I have some data in excel, where I need to run filter option. But due to some constraints, I cannot use the manual option of filter in exce...

1 reply Last reply on 31 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Need excel macro

Hello, I am looking for a function or macros to compare two cells in two rows and return True if it has partial match. And one more condition to s...

1 reply Last reply on 30 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel linked to database

Hello, i m working on a excel sheet which is linked to database ,which means whenever i refresh it gets updated.i have created a new column in tha...

1 reply Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro help.

Solved

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me develop a macro that would reference a row in another worksheet. So for example if Column H = "x" in ...

7 replies Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
TrowaD

Excel macro to identify/modify/combine cells

Solved

Hello, I have a collection of survey results in Excel that are coded from another software that I need to prepare to put in SPSS, the results come...

3 replies Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
TrowaD

On the excel codes

Hello, I have copied the code, but from tools i try to run and a msg "type mismatch" pops up..what next?thanks Configuration: Windows XP / Inte...

RWomanizer

Excel help required

Hello, I have data from A1 to A10 I want A1 in sheet2A1 A2 in shett2A2 ........ and so on will u please hel...

RWomanizer

Ms excel 2007 date format issue...

Hello, I have an XL spreadsheet with abt 15k rows, with a variety of data, the important ones being the dates - a start date and an end date. Based...

2 replies Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel search macro

Closed

Hello, I have a very tricky problem. I have got an excel sheet having some columns but more than 5000 rows. In those columns there are some names w...

4 replies Last reply on 26 May 2011 by
Birpal_Buttar

Excel macro for moving content

Hello, I need a macro that will search for a specific set of values in a specific column for each row of a subset of rows. Example data can be ...

6 replies Last reply on 26 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Vba code for a if function

Closed

Hello, I need help on the following: Selecting a range on data e.g A1:A14 Searching for a certain value e.g 3000 if query is true then copy a ...

5 replies Last reply on 26 May 2011 by
Mukesh

Excel formula

Hello, I have 1 Workbook with 2 sheets full of data, both sheets have identical data except for 2 Columns, DOB and Last name. I want a Formula on ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Macro to find min value

Hello, I need code for part of my macro that will find the min value in a particular column and based on the min value clear the contents in other ...

12 replies Last reply on 25 May 2011 by
SKhanY

Excel goal seek doesn't go through a macro

Hello, I'm trying to use the goal seek function of excel to seek out a particular value of a cell (say Y) by changing values of another (say X). ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Trouble recognizing data in excel sheet

Hi, Dear All, I asked some time back about a question on how to highlight thevalues etc that i entered in an excel file, and Mr. Trowa has...

2 replies Last reply on 24 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Code for firm which open excel sheet

dear sir, I want to create a one firm from where i want to open my existing excel file , how can i do this. Please help me. May I use some code fo...

rizvisa1

Excel macro help

Hello, I have an excel spreadsheet table (on one worskheet) that has several date rows in one column C, and one cell J12, for a permit number havi...

RWomanizer

Copy rows of data from one sheet to another

Hello, I have used the below code to copy selected rows ("x") of data from one worksheet ("QBank") to another ("TestSheet") within the same workbo...

RWomanizer

Vba excel last used cell

Hello, I am trying to copy a range of data I have in several columns in a worksheet into one column (all the columns have the same name: OrderID) ...

RWomanizer

Need excel macro

Closed

Hello, I need a function or macros to compare two cells in two rows and return True if it has partial match. And one more condition to search cell...

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2011 by
Ambucias

Hiding a different sheet in workbook

Solved

Dear sir, I have one worksheet and there are 20 different sheet in that worksheet. I want to show 1 or 2 sheet and want to hide rest sheet. May i...

1 reply Last reply on 21 May 2011 by
venkat1926

Report from excel data sheet

Solved

Dear Sir, I am new in excel. I am trying to use excel for my work easier. I have one excel file where there are different sheet of monthly salary ...

4 replies Last reply on 21 May 2011 by
ram

I need help with an excel formula

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that I am trying to find a average of one column with several rows that if another column with several rows contains a...

1 reply Last reply on 20 May 2011 by
venkat1926

Excel vb macro

Solved

Hello, I am new to vb and excel. I am trying to create a Macro that will look through all the worksheets in a workbook and find the column named "...

4 replies Last reply on 20 May 2011 by
b_85

Excel issue

Hello, There are 3 tables, A, B and c, according to the requirement A = B + C. Need to check the value for B, where B = A - c. Table A contains p...

2 replies Last reply on 19 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Please resolve my issue ofms excel file highl

Deat Towa, http://www.speedyshare.com/... Please see the below mention link, What i want is, 1. Those bolt which are consumed completely s...

1 reply Last reply on 18 May 2011 by
venkat1926

Need shortcut for full screen in excel

Closed

Hello, Anyone give me the Keyboard shortcut to change excel sheet into full screen mode.

5 replies Last reply on 18 May 2011 by
anuj

Excel macros; clear, compare and replace!

Hi, I need help creating three Excel macro subroutines.... This is for office 2003! The first one clears cells that do not contain "arg1"...

9 replies Last reply on 18 May 2011 by
OilCan

Codes for reminder creation in excel vba

Solved/Closed

Hello, I want to get Reminder message box automatically, according to the date and time in Excel worksheet. What are the VBA codings & procedures?...

23 replies Last reply on 17 May 2011 by
vivek

Can someone help me write a macro?

Hello, I have a large database of information (inventory). The datbase is constantly having rows added and deleted. In column (1), there over 100...

1 reply Last reply on 17 May 2011 by
venkat1926

Delete duplicate items in excel

Hello, I need to write a macro where it deletes duplicates but the marcos out there seem to delete all duplicates I just want it to delete a cell i...

venkat1926

Can not run macro

Solved

hello sir, I am trying to put macro in any excel sheet then "can not run the macro" the macro may not be available or all macros may be disabled. ...

ram sharma

How to create shortcut keys to xl 2007macros

Solved

Hi, I created few Macros in excel 2007,these working fine but how to assign short cut keys to these macros.In macros window in options property is ...

3 replies Last reply on 17 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Ignoring rows with zero value

Solved

Hello, A couple weeks ago ya'll helped me with some code to compare two sheets and create a new worksheet with all of the values that were identic...

3 replies Last reply on 16 May 2011 by
RWomanizer
Results 4751 - 4800 out of a total of 7,061