The discussions

Conditional formatting a cell if a certain word is met

Solved

Hi I am trying to conditionally format cell B3 if the criteria in cell C3 = NAT I am able to do it if it was a number but not if its a word, If the ...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2013 by
scarey3

Transfer row entries onto another spreadsheet/form

Hi Can anyone help... I am trying to link information from one spreadsheet onto a form my office are using. At present they make an entry into ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

Need some excel help please.

Hello, I am trying to auto populate a singal didget number from a date off of a spread sheet into another spread sheet. could someone please he...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

How to capture highest/lowest values/dates over time

I'd be grateful if anyone knows the answers. I've been using an Excel spreadsheet to determine the total value of stocks I own. Basically I ent...

13 replies Last reply on 14 Oct 2013 by
venkat1926

Conditional formatting

I want to do conditional formation in that i have two columns where A (Due Date) & In B ( Remark) if my validation due date is pass then i want to h...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Oct 2013 by
venkat1926

Reference one column and compare to columns on other worksheets

I am trying to compare zipcodes from other worksheets compared to the main worksheet to return a true or false value. Help please!

3 replies Last reply on 11 Oct 2013 by
dbowley

Build macro routine

I've tried but failed. Can anyone build an excel macro just to copy a row of 3 cells and paste down the blank cells until the next filled cell, then ...

8 replies Last reply on 11 Oct 2013 by
gchancga

Date manipulation

Hi, I have 4 columns approx 250 lines long. They contain expiry dates in the dd/mm/yyyy format. I wish to compare these dates against another da...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Oct 2013 by
Mazzaropi

If formula showing date

Solved

Hi all, I created a spreadsheet that has a date in and a date out columns, the dormula I use on the date column is: =if(d2,TODAY(),""). Formula is in ...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Oct 2013 by
simeonmein

Excel - calculation based on dynamic criteria

Good day, I have this question as followed:- I have a table as attached file where I already created a macro to repeat the lines based on the (rou...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Oct 2013 by
wliang

Excel formula for percentage of...

Hi there, I'm having tough time with this one and I would really appreciate help. My 'F' column contains different values including 0 (zeroes). I ne...

5 replies Last reply on 8 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

How to split a cell based on #27 line break

Hi All! First to all thanks a lot for your assistance! :) I'm trying to split a cell into two based on the # of linefeeds that it contains. I...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

Auto email send to recipients update in spreadsheet using excel

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Currently I have a shared workbook that link to multiple user for update. I have a column for having the person (exa...

6 replies Last reply on 8 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

Nested if problem

What is the problem in my formula IF Salary is less than 5000 than house rent Salary*55% but not less than 2500 IF Salary is less than 5001-10800 th...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Oct 2013 by
Mazzaropi

Excel vba: application.filesearch error

Solved

Hello everyone, I encountered error "Object doesn't support this action." when the program the line "With Application.FileSearch". Here is my codes...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Oct 2013 by
wliang

Comparing and copy cells vba script

Hallo, I need some VBA script to compare two cells like ex: A2 with B2, A3 with B3 and if B2 or B3 is empty should A2 or A3 be copied to Sheet2( or in...

7 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2013 by
ac3mark

List dates in column a1

In column A1 i need dates lets say 1-Nov-13 numbering for an entire year. The tricky part is i need Cell A1,2,3,4 to have the same date. 1-Nov13. t...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting

Solved

Hello, Does anyone know if you can set conditional formatting to highlight an entire row if the date in a specific cell is less than a week from t...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2013 by
Mazzaropi

If data matches in one column, check 2nd column matches

Solved

I've been trying to figure this out for days, I'm sure it's possible but can't get it to work. I have a set of data - in one column there are refer...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2013 by
vickylouise

Code this in vba for excel

Can anyone code this in VBA for Excel? If active cell is not blank, then select range from current cell plus 2 cells to the right (ie A1:C1), copy ...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2013 by
TrowaD

Macros for create new excel sheet from active workbook

Hi, could you please provide a logic for create new excel sheet from active workbook, please find the my code below. Private Sub cmdCFUploadFile_Cli...

venkat1926

Comparing two spreadsheets - deleting rows in one

Hello: I have a requirement to do the following: - Spreadsheet #1 contains several columns of product data, including SKUs. It has several thou...

venkat1926

If function with dates

I'm building a personal finance tracker, and I'm attempting to get a function to tell me which week of the month I purchased something in. Right now ...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2013 by
kevinlewis13

Comparing text values in 2 excel sheets

Greetings all, I am looking to compare the text values in 2 Excel sheets and output them to a 3rd sheet. Trying this in Excel 2010, and am a littl...

4 replies Last reply on 4 Oct 2013 by
ac3mark

Help to convert a date to julian date fromat yyyyddd in excel

Solved

hi, i have thousands of dates in format dd-mm-yy that needs to be converted to julian date format yyyyddd. dates that needs to be converted are fro...

6 replies Last reply on 30 Sep 2013 by
Calixte DORVIL

Excel:password protected sheets

Hello, I hope someone can please help me in adding a password to excel as admin and user..when a username password is entered it will show sheet 1...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Macro for sending gmail

Sir I need some help my problem is follows. I have a data sheet. I will be updating every day the data sheet. I use a macro to generate a sheet ...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Sep 2013 by
Ambucias

How to return all values matching two criteria

Given this table A B C Number Sector Name 1 21144 P John 2 21144 P Mark 3 21144 P Bob 4 ...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Is there a way to call out multiple values in single cell?

Solved

Hello everyone, this is tricky and im not sure if i have missed something or if this is even possible, if it is it would be a huge help. I am limited ...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Sep 2013 by
Whylucky

Excel

Acc Code ..... Date.................. Amount....... Cleared C287974...... 31-Jan-13.......... 500............. Yes J320728....... 07-Ap...

4 replies Last reply on 26 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Create different worksheets based on data in a column

I have a huge worksheet, where I have a data by different countries, I want to split this master data into different worksheets based on the countrie...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

How to capture the data with using of macro

Hi, Am crating a excel form in sheet#1 as following entry's. Row Column A B C D E 1 ...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Excel: matching lists with different formats

I have two lists of names that I am trying to compare. One list is divided into two cells, one for first and one for last names. The other list has ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Sep 2013 by
Mazzaropi

Lock/unlock/color a range based on the value in another range

Hello, My questions relate to Excel for MAC 2011 (not PC), I am very new at VBA. I found the below code and need help to make it work. My Excel ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Vba - graph color same as cell color

hi, i am creating a project of my own using ms excel 2007 and i need help on this. i want to put the cell color to the graph that i am making using ...

TrowaD

Insert desired rows on condition basis

Sir. I am new to this website. I want to learn/know to how to insert desired number of rows when any condition met. For example: I have a Spr...

TrowaD

Create new sheets in excel based on dates and creating charts

Hello, I have excel file with aircraft engine data (date, time, EGT & CHT for 6 cylinders, fuel flow and manifold pressure), eg 16 columns and abo...

3 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting based on dates-3 columns

Dear brothers/sisters, I need your help to do this below facilities in excel. I explain it, then you please guide me well in detail. 1) In Cells A...

12 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Parsing rows of data into separate tabs based on criteria

I have a master list of launches in excel, each which includes a column for launch date. For all launches with a launch date in September, I would li...

3 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Insert muliple embed objects vba code

Hello, I am looking for a script that will automatically insert muliple embed objects to cells in excel And this is my case: - I have a sheet wi...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel vlookup-copy entire row

Hello, I need to get the entire row by using vlookup or any other lookup/formula please help. is there any option to lookup left side of t...

TrowaD

Copy rows with specific data to another sheet automaticaly

Hello, I am new to this forum and appreciate worth of all who want to help and share knowledge. I would like to extract or copy rows from one s...

TrowaD

How to transfer data between multiple sheets

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone could help me find a solution to my problem. I am trying to automatically transfer data from one column t...

TrowaD

Auto notify or mail when excel sheet is updated.

Hello, I found this code on the site, however I am trying to get it to launch Lotus Notes instead of Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. ...

6 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Formula

Can someone please help me? I have a column with the letter H and I would like to add a value to the H so that I can sum the colum in the last row. i....

1 reply Last reply on 19 Sep 2013 by
Kevin@Radstock

Excel formula to count cell colour and display sum in another

I have had a look through the other questions and responses, but they don't really help. Using Office 2010, I would like to apply a formula to a range...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Due date reminder in excel 07

Solved

Hello, dear all. I have a "credit list" worksheet having the details like. 1) date 2) invoice number 3) name of beneficiary 4) total amount 5)paid c...

4 replies Last reply on 18 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

If/then relating to a legend

This must be easier than I'm thinking it. I have a set of data I collect every month that I drop into an excel. It's in a list. I take that list an...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Sep 2013 by
Mazzaropi

How copy a particular text from one column of sheet to another

Hello, how to copy a particular text from one column of sheet to another sheet. For example i have a text in cells of a column in sheet1 i a...

8 replies Last reply on 17 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

How to sort using vba

Hello, i have a table with 1 230 450 1 301 2 230 450 2 340 7 230 450 7 350 65 230 450 301 501 67 230 450 340 502 71 230 450 350 546 129 2...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926
Results 3551 - 3600 out of a total of 7,061