The discussions

Excel macro - to define number of rows

Hello, I am trying to copy the number of rows into different column in the same sheet ,i need to count the number of rows because when i recorded ...

11 replies Last reply on 27 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Changing a cell's color based on other cells'

Hello, Please help! I have 5 columns on Excel (A1:E5). I have conditionally formated $A:$E the following conditions: 1. If the numerical value z...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Excel..condition based on drop down list

Hello, I've created a drop list (using the validation method). in excel 2003. What I wish to do... is create a condition where another cell ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Excel vba help

Solved

Hello, I am needing some help with this vba code. What I am trying to do is first verify if cell A4 is not empty, if it is not empty then I need it t...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Sep 2010 by
Maja WL

Vba code to search and delete

Hello, I need to know the code to do the following: Search in column D for blank spaces and then delete the whole row. Thanks in advance ...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Sep 2010 by
Maja WL

Copy rows from sheet 1 to sheet 2

Solved

I need to have a macro that will copy rows from sheet1 to sheet 2 . The catch is from sheet 1 col A for eg A3 may have the number 10 in it. I need to ...

14 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Excel macro help to delete first cell

Hello, i required a macro coding to delete the first cell in the column. Eg: if i enter any value in cell C11 then automatically the Cell C1 va...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

To prepare attendence report with excel sheet

Solved/Closed

Hello, I will describe what I want to do . I have 60 residents working in our department. They attend morning report everyday. So I have prepared ...

41 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2010 by
akshay

Sort option gone on my excel spreadsheet

Hello, All of a sudden I no longer have a sort option on my excel spreadsheet. Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 8.0

closeup22

Making autofiltered cells visible

Hello, I have filtered the column but the filtered data is not visible if i will do it manually then its working fine but if i want to automate i...

venkat1926

Excel- either or formula help!

Hi can someoine please help my dilemma is below; I am trying to get an invoice total which is either and addition of figures from 3 different cells...

venkat1926

Macro to expand data from pivot table til eof

I need help on expanding the data from my pivot table... My pivot table has only two columns, let's say column A & B with around 50 rows... Normally, ...

4 replies Last reply on 22 Sep 2010 by
DesertMoon20

Question on excel database search

Hello, I'm familiar with the vlookup function in excel. However, it only allows you to compare one column in a table and return value from anothe...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Sep 2010 by
cblack

Excel forumla/? help

Hi, I need some help figuring out a formula, or a way of calculating something. I have 2 excel workbooks. I need to figure out how to get a val...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel formula

Hello, can someone please help I need to get rid of the FALSE value in the formated cells. I know I am doing something wrong. Here is my formula: ...

5 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

If sum>= 60, color cells red

Solved

Hello, I have excel 2007 and am trying to set conditional formatting for a series of 3 cells. If their total sum is greater than or equal to 60 I...

4 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
mindy

Match column b in both worksheets

Hello, I have 2 excel worksheets. I want to match column B in both worksheets. If there is a match, I want it to display "Yes" in a new column ...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 if/and formulas

Hello, I am struggling to put together an IF/AND statement and keeping coming up with errors. I am fairly Excel savvy, but this one is kicking my bu...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
huko

Macro for missing numbers

Hello, Please help me in finding out missing numbers location wise. Below numbers having different location numbers, request to help me with macr...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

Need to add 2 amounts in one cell for excel

Hello, Im trying to add 2 amounts in one cell and have another amount subtracted from that total. for example Column A l Colum...

2 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

Find value between 2 column range excel macro

Solved

Hello, I have a 2 Columns of Data (A) and (B) that provides me with a specific range, and a third column C that provides a corresponding value f...

3 replies Last reply on 19 Sep 2010 by
Jenz

Need help with an excel formula

Good afternoon Folks. I need some help with a excel formula. I need the formula for finding the difference between two values and if the differen...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

Formula for searching names from two columns

Hello, Kindly help in getting excel formula for following table: column1 Column2 A ABC A ABC A ...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Need help with multiplying formula in excel

Solved

Hello, Inser formula in cell F4 that multiplies the amount on E4 by the amount in D4. Configuration: Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 8.0

2 replies Last reply on 18 Sep 2010 by
casey

Need help with excel

Hello all, I need help in formulating a spreadsheet. I have 10 columns, with data. I need to compare column 1 to column 10. But if column 10 is...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Recover my deleted excel file

Solved/Closed

Hello, i need or recover my deleted excel file. by mistake i use shift delete.plz help me out. Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Exp...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Sep 2010 by
Ambucias

Excel macro - multiple columns into one

Solved

Hello, I need a macro that combines multiple columns into one, but I'm terrible at creating macros! Essentially what I have is data that is sorted...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Sep 2010 by
Mani

Delete only the rows with numeric value macro

Hello, I am struggling with trying to figure out a macro to look through a selection of cells that have either numeric or text values, and I need ...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Excel key

Hello mates, I purchased a new laptop there is office 2007 and it expired ,from where can i get a free key to reactivate it. Cheers

2 replies Last reply on 15 Sep 2010 by
aquarelle

Macro row coulour

Hello, I want to color the whole row ,the foremat would be like this 1.75% (h) 1.75% (g,p) 3.25% (a,h) 3.25% (a) 4.38% (a) 4.38% (a) in t...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Sep 2010 by
RayH

How to merge cells?

Hello, Please give me the macro or any other way to have cells merged on Microsoft Excel application, i really need it, please help me, its urgent...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Sep 2010 by
RayH

Change excel line color

Hello, I hope this is not confusing. I have a spreadsheet that in column C has list of workorder numbers. Some of the workorder numbers are repeated i...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Sep 2010 by
RayH

Select a subset of cells within a row

Solved

Hello, I am trying to select a number of cells within a row - I want to use this in a macro. Whatever cell is currently active, I want to select c...

3 replies Last reply on 14 Sep 2010 by
archaic

Can excel search for only cells with '@'?

Hello, I have a large spreadsheet of contact info and am looking to extract only cells with the '@' symbol in them, as these will all be email add...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Sep 2010 by
suff954

Copy to cell below the last entry in sheet 2

Solved

Hello, I need to do the following 1.I have assigned a Macro button called Submit in Sheet 1 - done 2.Copy Cells E5,E7,E9 from Sheet 1 to Cells B...

6 replies Last reply on 12 Sep 2010 by
Vino

Excel compare 2 columns in 2 different sheets

Hello, I'm having some trouble trying to figure something out. I have an Excell workbook with 2 worksheets. Each worksheet contains 2 columns ...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Sep 2010 by
drgremohack

Excel formula question

Hello, I am new to excel. I wan want to create a database list in Sheet1 and use the formula on Sheet2 onwards. What I want to creat in logic i...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Highlighting rows by date

Solved

Hello, I have a spreadsheet in which the date in a cell has a large amount of impact on what needs to happen with that current individual. What...

4 replies Last reply on 10 Sep 2010 by
bryanfarley

Inputbox in excel - how to?

Hi guys I would like to create a simple list of the things I buy. I would like to have several inputboxes in which I can put the name of the pr...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Sep 2010 by
Trowa

Compare lists in excel

Hello, I have 3 lists. A1:A500 contains names. B1:B500 contains dept codes associated with names in A1:A500 C1:C500 contains names of people wh...

Trowa

Need help comparing data in two spreadsheets

Hello, I have two excel spreadsheets, both of which contain customer account information. I need to compare the two to find all accounts that are ...

Trowa

Copy non-contiguous cells to another sheet

Solved

Hello, I have the code below that only works for copying cells B2,B3,C3,E2,E4 from active sheet to the same identical cells on sheet2. Cells, B2,B...

3 replies Last reply on 8 Sep 2010 by
dzrdw0

Excel lookup latest in list

Hello, Oh what a challenge this is turning into! In a nutshell i would like to lookup the description of a product in a cell, based on the product...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Sep 2010 by
venkat1926

Date to number format using macro

Hello, in a macro I have captured the date into a variable. I need to convert that date to a number format to used for further processing. thanks,

3 replies Last reply on 7 Sep 2010 by
Bluetubs

Excel help needed: comparing cell contents

Hi all, Is there a way to compare the contents of a cell with a different cell using TRUE/FALSE results? For instance, cell A1 contains: Jr3 ...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Sep 2010 by
Trowa

Office -2003 short cut keys in excel

Solved

Hello, How to merge cells in ex-cel-2003 by key board short cut key.

2 replies Last reply on 7 Sep 2010 by
Maruthu

Selecting excel button using arrows

Hello, I have been using vba programming to make excel workbooks usable by those with visual disabilities. I need to make a button that can be se...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Sep 2010 by
mysterry60

Copy nos from filter menu of excel sheet

Hello, How can I copy numbers / names / etc from filter menu of excel sheet

closeup22

Two work sheets cell comparison..

Hello, Im trying to do a vba excel, how can i compare a Range of cell in worksheet A to worksheet B, whein if the condition is true it will upda...

mysterry60

Excel formula/function help

Hi I need to create a formula in excel that will copy only values over 0 in column AH into new worksheet along with the corresponding text in colum...

mysterry60
Results 5201 - 5250 out of a total of 7,061