The discussions

Conditional formatting with values

Need some spreadsheet help. I need the value ($'s) in Cell A to become RED if Cell B is greater than Cell C. Make sense? So... If my actuals are...

3 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Store the values in next sheet

Dear All, I have doubt in xl sheet, I have two xl sheet , i show the first sheet parameter as below, CABLE NO -1 LOAD -18.5 VOLTAGE -415 CURRENT...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

How do i add text to a drop down list

Solved

Good day how do i add text to a drop down list i created in excel Configuration: Windows XP / Chrome 24.0.1312.57

2 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2014 by
Maxi84

Generate payslip

Hi, can any one help me to generate payslip? I have a master sheet with all the details including (basic, da, OT and other things). I do have t...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

Partial match issue

Hello, I was searching for a formula for the partial match of the cells (for companies;for let's say 20 characters) and highligt them for 2 column...

TrowaD

Excel help

Solved

I am tracking shipments of our product. When I enter the amount that shipped, I would like for that days date to appear in a separate cell and never c...

TrowaD

Vb, how to copy values & repeat to next 50 cells

Hello, Need help writing code @ step C & D I am: A) copying values in E1-E4 & transposing values B) to Col. A next available empty row (obviousl...

TrowaD

Conditional formatting help

Solved

Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a column for employee hours. Anything over 9 hours is considered overtime and we are tracking how many employees are ...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Jan 2014 by
tinayat

Macro hyperlinks

hello i already have this code in my macro that works fine s ub New_Personal_Profile() Dim MyCell As Range, MyRange As Range Set ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

Clearing a single cell without deleting the contained formula

Hello, this is my very first try at using a formula for help (so please be patient with me if I make a mistake:) I have a growing knowledge of Excel ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

Presenting data from one worksheet to another by dropdown menu

HI All, I have a worksheet with two colums of data. On another sheet I plan to present the data in an easier to read format. What I want to do i...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

Map column names to their short names

hi all, i am trying to copy and paste columns like application id,application name,number in a worksheet in workbook1 to another worksheet in workboo...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting with "contain".

Solved

Hello...I am using Excel 2007. I can't get beyond the following: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("campaign",A2))=TRUE This is what I'm trying to do...If cell A2...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Look to find a formul that will make an item rec

Hello I am looking to track items received... I would like to build a box were we enter the NSN and the amount of the items... Date auto populate. ...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Ms excel number format error

Solved

Hello, I use Ms Execl in that I have a error it like this..... 1. when I type a number 400 in the cell an give Enter. It is not showing the exa...

5 replies Last reply on 15 Jan 2014 by
Akoh

Date format problem (5.8.14)

Solved

Hi. I'm using excel 2013 on Win7 Ultimate SP1. My problem is that I often type the dates with the help of decimals/periods. But I've learned thru goog...

4 replies Last reply on 14 Jan 2014 by
zopfan

Create new sheet and copy data from input page to the new page

Hello Every One, I am a basic excel user. I am trying to create an excel data base that will keep a record of employee duty hours, dates and types...

17 replies Last reply on 14 Jan 2014 by
TrowaD

Add "x" based on "y" lines and copy

Help! I have a spread sheet that is over 8,000 lines and I need to insert and copy lines based on a value in "y". Also then add a blank line under the...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

I am a computer opertor but i still need excel!

Closed

Hello, need your help please!!! Configuration: / Opera 9.80

BunoCS

Ages and difference between them in years:months

Hi, I would like to enter data in the form 12:06 meaning 12 years and 6 months and then work out the difference between two such cells with the an...

venkat1926

Insert data from one sheet to another

Hi Guys am new to Macro and looking for some help. i was trying to create a sheet to be entry data and the data to be saved in another tab without ...

5 replies Last reply on 13 Jan 2014 by
venkat1926

Excel date format

Solved

Hello, when users enter a date in excel using this format 12.1.2008, I need the cell to automatically change the format to 12-Jan-08 thanks, mo...

7 replies Last reply on 13 Jan 2014 by
zopfan

Losing the plot with vba

hello and huge thanks in advance, the following is a macro i have adapted to try and get a centralised team sheet auto sort and copy the relevant ...

5 replies Last reply on 10 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Conditional formatting date issues

Hello, Please help Conditional formatting will not work on columns displaying dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss, (formatting highlights colour if todays date.) ...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Conditional formatting

Hi, I use excel to plot my production planning and would like to format so the ship date cell turns red once the ready date is greater then the shi...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Trying to aggregate data by different date across worksheets

Hi, I am attempting to consolidate data across different worksheets in a workbook, that having different dates. For example, worksheet "Cert1" has...

venkat1926

How to delete 19 row after the cell which has certain value

i have done a code to delete the row which has "Trip" in any cell in this row as below Sub DeleteRows() Dim c As Range Dim SrchRng ...

venkat1926

Copy data from sheet1 to sheet2

Hello, I want to copy data from sheet 1 to sheet 2. I have data in 4 columns and 100 row in sheet1. I want to copy each row of sheet 1 in sheet 2 ...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Jan 2014 by
venkat1926

Formula to add values from different columns

Hi I am new to excel and need help in adding values in my sheet. the contents are as follows: NAME -------- TAG ---- ...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Jan 2014 by
testinglaurier

Help with time, and alert formula

Hey all.. New to the forum, so please be gentle.. hehe I working in a busy office/communications orientated job, and I am wanting some help with ...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Jan 2014 by
RickQAS

How to transfer data from all the sheets and pasting it in

Hi All, I need one help, I am having excel workbook, I need to copy the data which is there in each sheet and i need to paste that in a master work...

9 replies Last reply on 5 Jan 2014 by
venkat1926

Last id # entered

I have a very long list of ID #'s that all start with the either BIL_ADMIN_ and then the number or with BIL_RECEIPT_ and then the number. Is there a ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Jan 2014 by
venkat1926

Column totals using macro

need help , how do I add sum totals at the bottom of columns of varying lengths using macros. eg I have data in columns a to f, I want columns c to f ...

9 replies Last reply on 3 Jan 2014 by
exhale

Help with text & number rule!

Solved

I wonder if anyone would know how to create the following rule in Excel: IF I enter a specific "text" in cell A, then Excel would insert a correspo...

7 replies Last reply on 3 Jan 2014 by
Alulus

Applying my macro to a range of cells...

Solved

I found this macro and it works perfectly....inserts an "x" on a single mouse click into cells, but I only want it active on a certain range of cells....

5 replies Last reply on 3 Jan 2014 by
ac3mark

Conditional fomatting

I am trying to add conditional formatting to a spreadsheet. It is an employee list showing drivers lic and med cards expiration dates. I want to forma...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Jan 2014 by
gm2612

Macro for creating text file and copy paste date

Hello experts, I need an another macro, a keypad shortcut triggered macro (Ctrl+j), which will copy ranges "A10:A45", create a new text file on the...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Jan 2014 by
gm2612

Help with comparing column data

Here is my situation, I have a DB with a column of customer #'s that I want to tie to a status column. Each customer # can have anywhere from 1 - 12 ...

3 replies Last reply on 31 Dec 2014 by
ac3mark

Paste 10 or more worksheets data in a single worksheet

I want paste 10 or more worksheets data in a single worksheet by using formula, is it possible?? Thanks in advance Mahfuz

2 replies Last reply on 31 Dec 2014 by
mahfuz19

Macro for copying cells with format from last sheet to new sheet

Hello, My project requires to maintain a database for all customers. I have already obtained an event macro from experts from this forum, which, I...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Dec 2013 by
venkat1926

Excel formula

I need a formula to compute one equation if one criteria OR another criteria is met, and a different equation depending on another criteria If 0...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Dec 2013 by
venkat1926

Macro for creating a new excel sheet based on certain conditions

Dear Experts, Greetings. My sincere thanks for the support you providing thorugh this forum. Now stuck with some requirements in the microsoft exce...

7 replies Last reply on 25 Dec 2013 by
gm2612

Time calculation formula

Hello, what is the formula to calculate time between two different dates and times Thanks

1 reply Last reply on 25 Dec 2013 by
Kevin@Radstock

Date function

Solved

i want to know how to create a date series in an excel.. for eg if i enter the date in A1 as 1.12.2013 how to create automatically in the A2 as 2.12...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Dec 2013 by
venkat1926

Applying conditional formatting to multiple cells

Hi all, I've actualy already done what I needed to do, but as this is a very sensitive document I would like to know WHY it worked, just to be sure...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Dec 2013 by
TrowaD

Formula to highlight cell based on data value over 2 cells

Hi Guys and Girls, I'm am trying to improve a current spreadsheet I'm using where I am collating movement times in and out of a location. I want...

TrowaD

Conditional formatting to colour cell based on text in another

Hi, I have a workbook tracking submission of work ideas. In column C I have the date received. In column J I have status (approved, rejected, pendi...

TrowaD

Excel

Hello, Function SpellNumber(amt As Variant) As Variant Dim FIGURE As Variant Dim LENFIG As Integer Dim i As Integer Dim WORDs(19) As String ...

TrowaD

Conditioning formatting

HI All, we have mandatory annual training requirements and I have a spreadsheet which records the date training has been completed. we have seve...

ac3mark

Date formula

HI I want to set the formula for excel for when I insert date in cell ex. 1dec2013 then I will select any empty cell date change in to 31dec2013

1 reply Last reply on 18 Dec 2013 by
venkat1926
Results 3401 - 3450 out of a total of 7,062