The discussions

I am just learning the basics

Solved

Hello All, I am new to this community. I have just started learning Excel and am having a problem with a formula. the community here from what I have...

10 replies Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Formula help

Hi, I'm looking for a formula for the following scenario: Worksheet 1 Cell A 129622 Worksheet 2 Cell A Cell B Cell C 129622 1,000 35 ...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Adding a formula

Hello, how do i may be able to get auto deduct formula from a sum method of multi cells ? Thanks

3 replies Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Conditional format based on two criteria

Hello, Can someone help me please with a conditional format that would highlight an entire Row in 2010 if Column B on my spreadsheet has any one o...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting using a formula

I would greatly appreciate any and all help, please and thank you so much in advance! I am trying to create a conditonal format on a row of cells b...

7 replies Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Convert numbers to words in excel

Closed

Hello, please give me the formula for converting numbers into words not not into currency and it should be like when I type a number such as 400 i...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
venkat1926

Create a macro

Solved

Hello, Please help me. I am new at macros, and I need to create a macro that will automatically total a column as below: # Name ...

3 replies Last reply on 8 Aug 2013 by
venkat1926

Need help with an if function

Solved

So, I am trying to get this formula to work. The situation is that one of our items have changed names. In the spreadsheet, I am trying to get a f...

4 replies Last reply on 7 Aug 2013 by
AY44

Convert number to word in excel

Hello, i want a number to be converted to word in excel such that if i enter a number as 600 it should show as six zero zero please help me sir ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Excel date problem

Solved

Hi, How can I change the date format from a format such as 22042013 - (this is not a text format). One formula I have been given is: =IF(LEN...

6 replies Last reply on 7 Aug 2013 by
Nydee

About the vba

Hello, Im Kumar and would like to knoe how to setup the VBA in a snapshots. it would be more thankfull if u provide me the snapshots

2 replies Last reply on 6 Aug 2013 by
Kumar69

Any part of string in cell matches part of string in another

Solved

First post after hours of fruitless googling :-) Working in Excel 2010.. I have merged two data sets and where there are instances of exact dupl...

9 replies Last reply on 6 Aug 2013 by
Scr33nager

Creating new sheet and transferring data to new sheet

With due respect I would like to have some Guidance for creating a excel sheet. My sheet is Date name in out time. This sheet contains 746 rec...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Inserting multiple rows with copy and paste the existing data

Hi The below code works fine with inserting new rows but I need an extension of the code to incorporate copy and paste function on the existing ro...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Help please with calculating large data in pivot table

Dear Sirs, Can some one please help me with creating a better Pivot Table in Excel 2010. I work for an automotive company and so have to track all...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting can't caputure text...need vb code please

Solved

Hello, I understand i can't use c formatting to insert text and therefore am looking for a piece of code that will perform the following. Consi...

6 replies Last reply on 5 Aug 2013 by
Mounta1n

Conditional formatting based on changing dates

Solved

I am trying to keep on top of dates that are changed weekly based on last weeks dates, but i need to highlight the changed cells only. Example: ...

4 replies Last reply on 5 Aug 2013 by
SpaceMonkees

Please answer me.

Closed

ram-5,raja-2,rani-6,ram-2( i want to know the excel formula for count th total no. of ram )

3 replies Last reply on 2 Aug 2013 by
russp5

Formula help

I have a table of window blind size prices. The price changes due to the width and drop of the blind. The headings along the top of 450mm, 600mm, 750m...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Aug 2013 by
russp5

Find and compare calues in two columns

Solved

Hi i need to look for values (strings) in column A and see if exist in column B. if exist return the line number. (tried vlookup but i get only ...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Aug 2013 by
mswonderer

Help with cell programming!

Solved

Hi everyone. this is my first time here, and in desperate need of help from some Excel Genie to make my wish come true! Ok, here is my "urgent" pro...

10 replies Last reply on 1 Aug 2013 by
ozfox999

Conditional formatting in excel2010

Solved

I wish to have the following CF in more than three colours. I have placed the following in Data List L1,L2,L3,L4,L5,L6,M7,M8,M9,M10,M11,H12,H1...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jul 2013 by
Peter

Help needed in using marcos

Solved

Hi, I need to write a marco that is able to compare the specific column in 2 different worksheets within the same workbook. (i.e Names of staffs) ...

4 replies Last reply on 30 Jul 2013 by
Asmodeux

How to automatically send an email when a drop down list update

Hello, I have looked into most of the other problems people have regarding excel, and can't seem to find a solution to my particular problem. So hope...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting in excel - off of a range of cells

Solved

Hi I've never used these forums before but this issue has been bugging me for some time now.... so i thought i would leave it to the experts.... I...

6 replies Last reply on 30 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

How to modify the macro code for new structure of table

Hello, The short description an idea of macro code in the table Z is that if I add 2014 etc. (and other new sheets). It is directly moving me XYZ...

9 replies Last reply on 30 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Simple macro for data cleaning, help appreciated

I have an excel file containing following data: ID , Amount , Year , Company 1 , 1000 , ...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Macro to search and copy specific info on the next blank line

I am hoping someone can help me. I will be as detailed as possible, but please let me know if you need more information from me. What my end goal i...

5 replies Last reply on 29 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

How to extract data & create database from different excel sheet

Hi I have data of around 4000 companies from one data sources in an spread sheet I have data of M&A, Joint ventures and wholly owned subsidiarie...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Trouble with a send key macro

i am trying to get a sendkeys macro in excel to send a string of keystrokes to another program and repeat ten times. the macro i have now will send th...

5 replies Last reply on 27 Jul 2013 by
wraith373

How to add confirmation window

Hello, I used below mentioned macro for locking teachers mark entry file. How to add a confirmation window like "Do you want to lock your data"? ...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Jul 2013 by
ac3mark

Count if and count a

I need to count column C if cell equals "medicare" only on the same line column A has text. Column a is made up of names. I just don't need it to cou...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Macro

Solved/Closed

I want to write a macro from the start, I have date of employee name and their attendance on a workbook and on the other workbook I have a calendar. N...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Jul 2013 by
Ambucias

Excel help on if formula

Solved

I want to say IF cell L27 equals the word 'low' then do sum of cell x * cell y, if cell L27 equals the work "expected" then do Sum of Cell a * b and i...

5 replies Last reply on 24 Jul 2013 by
ac3mark

Combining two separate macros into one

Solved/Closed

Hello, I currently am using these two separate macros independently but would like to combine them into one with the archive one being first. I'm...

8 replies Last reply on 23 Jul 2013 by
Devarajan

Reminder in excel spreadsheet

Hi Team, I am trying to put a reminder in excel spreadsheet, I tried one macro, but its not popping up. Can any one you please help me to get this ...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Copy data from worksheets to master sheet

Hi, I have one input workbook with multiple worksheets(all are with same table format) and I have to look in to each worksheet and if there value t...

TrowaD

How to compare two different columns

Hi, I have a sheet with Id numbers in column A and names in column B, for around 50 workers. In other sheet I have Id number in column A, names in ...

TrowaD

How to the text/word of a cell in excel 2010

Hi, I am working on creating an excel spreadsheet in which I want a series of names to be outputted if the condition of another cell is valid. F...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Jul 2013 by
ac3mark

Macro to search/replace text from another column

Solved

Hello, I didn't realize I was being rude on my previous post, that wasn't my intention. I tend to have a "too the point" personality sometimes, and...

2 replies Last reply on 18 Jul 2013 by
mylove0mylife

Rename a tap

Hello, frist I'm so sorry for my mistake , pls forgive me I don't mean that . always thanks every one, I don't no how I do that! If you please...

2 replies Last reply on 18 Jul 2013 by
deyamag

Conditional format text cells based on a column with numbers

Hello, So I have text cells describing what the numbers in the column next to it mean, however, I want the conditional formatting (data bars) to s...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel help

Hello, Novice needs help I am trying to extract the contents of cells from several worksheets and summarize on one Header Summary Sheet So i...

TrowaD

Macro to filter out text contents

i have Column E filled with numbers, formulas and text. I would like to write a macro to filter out the cells with text contents. The text contents do...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Urgent ansin excel

Solved

a table caring 4 rows, first row is Name, second is address, 3rd row is date, and forth row is house name. how i arrange this in excel in date wise...

venkat1926

Automatically rename cells

Hi, i am using Excel 2010 ...quite poorly as my skills are basic. I am trying to work out how to Incrementally number worksheets automatically ie ...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Transfer data from one excel worksheet to another automatically

Closed

Transfer data from one Excel worksheet to another automatically. we have 8 employees that enter job quote information onto their individual worksheets...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jul 2013 by
Ambucias

Macro to delete rows between named ranges in excel

How do I delete all rows between named ranges? I have a scenario below Name Range 1 : SUBHEADER_001 (A1:E1). Displays Headers Name Range 2 : SU...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

I need help in my project

first see this picture http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6725/d9i8.png now what i want is, after typing the '2' in B2, i press Enter, D2 will be ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Popup reminder based on date and additional celll values

Solved

Hi, I am new to this site and have seen a lot of great information and helpful tips here. I have been trying to figure this out for a very long tim...

10 replies Last reply on 15 Jul 2013 by
MikeTis
Results 3651 - 3700 out of a total of 7,061