Excel Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 4901 - 4950 of about 9,830
  • Filtering and copying data from one sheet to another Closed

Hello, Problem statement: I have data pertaining to projects, milestones and tasks in sheet1. I want this data to be filtered on the basis of miles...

mmtmacros | Latest reply: mmtmacros Apr 17, 2014
    0 replies
  • Conditional formatting for cells depending on other cells ranges Solved/Closed

First off, I am not even sure if i worded my question correctly, so sorry if i have. What i want to do is... have for cells b4:b7 to have on green ce...

Derrall | Latest reply: Derrall Apr 16, 2014
    3 replies
  • macro extracting data from different sheets within a workbook Closed

I need help creating a macro to copy data from multiple sheets within a workbook into one master sheet. I have tried several times and remain unsucces...

ESal | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 16, 2014
    1 reply
  • How to see if a particular cell in a table has date data or not Solved/Closed

Hello, I am preparing a tracking tool to measure the life of an item. The table has Installation No Date 1 ...

vinaymaithani | Latest reply: vinaymaithani Apr 16, 2014
    4 replies
  • formula calculate daily income in excel Closed

I'm using excel to calculate my income and expense on monthly basis using sum() but I need to calculate daily basis. my data as follows A1 = 1-Ap...

swathisuda | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 15, 2014
    5 replies
  • Highlight the linked cell depends on drop-down list choice Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a question. Let say I have a table containing number 1,2,3,4 and 5 in A1:A5. In another worksheet, I have "Student" in A1 and "Asses...

Natasya | Latest reply: Natasyamn Apr 14, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional Formatting: Merged cell color Solved/Closed

Hi, This is probably an easy solution but for the life of me cannot get this to work. I have a situation whereby I have a line of information th...

Ricky588 | Latest reply: ricky588 Apr 14, 2014
    2 replies
  • Calculating Due date based on multiple criteria Closed

Criteria 3 products, choose one classification, one category, all time frames are different Products: HBX, Flex, NYM Categories: Complaint, Gvn...

fixthemystery | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 14, 2014
    1 reply
  • duplicate values at the bottom, not at the top Closed

Hi , The below formula gives me the results for AT column at the top of each duplicated code in column AJ. How could I make it to give me the results...

jutulu | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 14, 2014
    3 replies
  • Array formula to nest several optional values from same cell Closed

Hi, All the OR statement formula below refers to the same cell AL2362. How could I make an array formula to put all the OR values in one without r...

jutulu | Latest reply: jutulu Apr 13, 2014
    10 replies
  • Counting cells containing only numbers Closed

Hi all, counting cell containing only numbers Is there a formula to count only cells containing any numbers in general? Moreover, is there a formul...

jutulu | Latest reply: jutulu Apr 13, 2014
    4 replies
  • Copy data from current work to another Closed

Hi I am using the below code to copy data from Current Work To Another Sub RunMe() Dim lRow As Integer lRow = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row R...

Sushil.gaikw... | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 13, 2014
    5 replies
  • compare three columns contain same characters Solved/Closed

I have three columns of form security access in an application for different classes. The security characters may be in any order. I need to compare...

sspenguin | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 11, 2014
    5 replies
  • Still learning Closed

I have an excel invoice made up with guest details. I need to place information into another spread sheet, this gets rather tedious to do every day, ...

8AJB8 | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 10, 2014
    1 reply
  • How do I automate my Excel worksheet Closed

Hello, I have a workbook that contains two worksheets, sheet 1 is my budget worksheet and sheet 2 are the invoices paid. I want to take sheet 2 and h...

Sherrelle | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 10, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel: Partial Matches in 2 Different Cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I've been mulling over this all afternoon and need some help. Here is what my sheet looks like: K L 3 ...

kaiwalls04 | Latest reply: kaiwalls04 Apr 10, 2014
    2 replies
  • Copying the entire row using VBA Closed

Hi! I need a code that will automatically copy the entire row to another sheet (same file) when a condition has been satisfied. See the sample be...

ScullyMulder | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 10, 2014
    28 replies
  • highlight cell if the finish date of a task is less than x days Closed

Please could somebody help me with this problem. I have a spreadsheet and i would like make some cells to go yellow if the finish date of a paticular...

v022695 | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 10, 2014
    1 reply
  • Function or Macro to read cells in a column and color them Closed

Hi Guys, I need to write a VBA macro or a formula/function, which actually reads the value and color of cells in column and in turn color other cel...

jain.prashant31 | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 10, 2014
    7 replies
  • how to calculate number of days between dates Closed

Please I need ideas of how to get the number of days between to sets of dates in an excel column. The preceeding dates all the way to the end of the l...

VickyAliri | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 9, 2014
    4 replies
  • VB code to email at File Save is nnot auto-running Closed

Hello, all, I hate to rehash this old message, but since Microsoft never stops messing with things, I suppose threads like this will never die. Ma...

geelsu | Latest reply: geelsu Apr 9, 2014
    1 reply
  • VB macros extract data containing ".CF from a particular cell Closed

Hi, i would like to know how to extract data containing ".CF from a particular cell and to a different workbook with the entire values of the row.....

Rohit47 | Latest reply: Rohit47 Apr 9, 2014
    0 replies
  • comparing 2 excel with diff length Closed

I have two columns of numbers A B 123 223Abc 223 334ssd 334 368def 456 456def i want to compare n...

sabrinadwitch | Latest reply: sabrinadwitch Apr 9, 2014
    0 replies
  • If date range, then % commission. Closed

I am trying to create a formula that will look at a group of rows and calculate a percentage of a particular date range of money. The rows have a dat...

ace350 | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 8, 2014
    5 replies
  • formula that allows it to calculate the sum of Closed

Hi ! I'm looking to create a formula that allows it to calculate the sum of.. =SUM(D3*E3+D4*E4+D5*E5+D6*E6)... but it needs to do this from ro...

RivkaJ | Latest reply: RivkaJ Apr 8, 2014
    2 replies
  • determine percentage via formula Solved/Closed

Hello, can anyone help me determine a formula that will give me a percentage? If N11 is 2500 and I11 is 84, I need a formula that will help me determi...

kaiwalls04 | Latest reply: kaiwalls04 Apr 8, 2014
    3 replies
  • VBA - insert pictures into excel Closed

Hi there, I am trying to write code to insert pictures based on the file name in column B4, with the picture to be displayed in Column C4. This con...

jlljacintado... | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • Help Creating Macro Closed

Hello, I hope someone can help me since I don't have the knowledge to do it. I'm trying to build a macro that check the value in an excel cell ...

joaopedr1 | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 8, 2014
    3 replies
  • Copy data from two columns to third columns on a condition Closed

Column A1 containing the current day =today() From B4:B33 the dates from the beginning of the month till end of the month From C4:C33 the first ...

tarek-kamel | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • How to calculate percentage of savings Closed

Sir, Im going to invest in a gold saving scheme .12 months scheme 100 per month at last they are giving 50 as free .how to calculate the percentage...

sunilantonz | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • Excel invoice w/data from spreadsheet 1 and update spreadsheet 3 Closed

Good morning experts, I sincerely hope that you can help me out. Currently, we use an Excel template to write invoices (a modified Excel 2010 ...

LearningLife... | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • How to calculate the average of a range day by day? Closed

Hi all, How to calculate the average of a range day by day? A is the column for the day, and the average should go at the top of each day. I've done ...

jutulu | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • Change the rows font colour based on one cell Closed

Hi I would like to create a rule to change the whole rows font when something is put into any cell in column V - who do I do this?

RDyman | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Apr 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • two values to find on the same cell Solved/Closed

Hi, Can the below be shorten up? It's basically to count if "dr" or "ba" are in cell E2180; =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("(dr)",E2180)),"1",IF(ISNUMBER(SEA...

jutulu | Latest reply: jutulu Apr 7, 2014
    2 replies
  • date convert in text Closed

how to convert date value into text value.so, what we can convert that value. For e.g. 2/2/2013 than convert into second February two thousand thirte...

jaygohel | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 7, 2014
    1 reply
  • Help- how to add prefix on Spreadsheet Closed

Hello, I am pretty new to using spreadsheets. I have a large spreadsheet with part numbers and I want to add a FJ prefix at the start of the part num...

ChilliRed | Latest reply: ChilliRed Apr 7, 2014
    4 replies
  • convert numbers to arabic words Closed

hi , can you help me to find a way to convert numbers to arabic words, since i use the ctrl F9 to convert to English , and asking if you can help me t...

mohamedchihime | Latest reply: mohamedchihime Apr 6, 2014
    0 replies
  • Macro to delete row after certain condition found Solved/Closed

Hello, I am an Excel newbie; I am trying to write an Excel macro that will search a certain column to find a blank value. It would then delete the...

wendelly | Latest reply: wendelly Apr 4, 2014
    6 replies
  • issue with date formatting Closed

Hello, For some reason, when I insert date formatting into Excel on my work computer, the numbers that appear in the spreadsheet are completely diffe...

HDW | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 4, 2014
    1 reply
  • if then (text or no text) Solved/Closed

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to create a formula that says this: if a certain cell contains ANY text, then write "6.2"...

hikkup | Latest reply: hikkup Apr 4, 2014
    4 replies
  • Microsoft office 2007 excel files are not shown Closed

Microsoft office 2007 excel files are not shown in microsoft office 2003 & 2010. what can i do to see my excel files again.

pettertom | Latest reply: dluv28u Apr 4, 2014
    1 reply
  • Excel - insert data to many lines based on a set of ID numbers Closed

Does anyone know what type of macro could help with my problem. I have a spreadsheet. Column A has an ID (example Test and Apple). Each ID has a se...

mvillamarin12 | Latest reply: mvillamarin12 Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Add IF Excel 2013 formula to sum all those items with code Closed

Hello, I am Dr Kunvar Harsh from India I wanted to know if there is any way I can put formula to sum all those items with code e.g E C, H C, K ...

Kunvarharsh | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 3, 2014
    1 reply
  • CHANGE CELL BASED ON TWO OTHER CELLS' VALUES AS COORDENATES Closed

Hello, I am new at this website and in vba programming and I am looking for some assistance with my vba code. I'm trying to right a code that makes ...

dbsimoes92 | Latest reply: dbsimoes92 Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel vba that will change color according to another cell's col Closed

Hi I am trying to change a cell color according to the color of another cell, tried diffarent ways to do this but failing could someone help please...

jcinum | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 3, 2014
    1 reply
  • connect two worksheets together Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to connect two worksheets together. If text found in one cell in sheet1, make the same cell on sheet2 different color. Ther...

rookie | Latest reply: rookie Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional Formatting: Highlight cells based on two values Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a merged cell (C5-N5) that I want to change the fill color, based on the combined input of two cell values. I'll just call it "C5" f...

Plastic_Cup_... | Latest reply: Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Apr 2, 2014
    2 replies
  • True/False Statment Using Four Values Closed

Hi everyone! I'm working on a spreadsheet that will drastically reduce the time our staff have to do paperwork, and I'm oh so close but I can't get...

iwnixon | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 2, 2014
    1 reply
  • Auto populate sheets based on main spreadsheet Closed

Hello, I am having some trouble creating a building floor directory. I would like to have one main spreadsheet with everyone's name, title, departme...

amy2876 | Latest reply: amy2876 Apr 2, 2014
    8 replies
  • Code of copy paste data Closed

Hi all of you I have my data spreaded from A2 to K2 and the huge long block of data. I wanted a solution like this. Consider The first block of ...

SPPS | Latest reply: SPPS Apr 2, 2014
    0 replies