Excel Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 4951 - 5000 of about 9,840
  • if then (text or no text) Solved/Closed

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to create a formula that says this: if a certain cell contains ANY text, then write "6.2"...

hikkup | Latest reply: hikkup Apr 4, 2014
    4 replies
  • Microsoft office 2007 excel files are not shown Closed

Microsoft office 2007 excel files are not shown in microsoft office 2003 & 2010. what can i do to see my excel files again.

pettertom | Latest reply: dluv28u Apr 4, 2014
    1 reply
  • Excel - insert data to many lines based on a set of ID numbers Closed

Does anyone know what type of macro could help with my problem. I have a spreadsheet. Column A has an ID (example Test and Apple). Each ID has a se...

mvillamarin12 | Latest reply: mvillamarin12 Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Add IF Excel 2013 formula to sum all those items with code Closed

Hello, I am Dr Kunvar Harsh from India I wanted to know if there is any way I can put formula to sum all those items with code e.g E C, H C, K ...

Kunvarharsh | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 3, 2014
    1 reply
  • CHANGE CELL BASED ON TWO OTHER CELLS' VALUES AS COORDENATES Closed

Hello, I am new at this website and in vba programming and I am looking for some assistance with my vba code. I'm trying to right a code that makes ...

dbsimoes92 | Latest reply: dbsimoes92 Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel vba that will change color according to another cell's col Closed

Hi I am trying to change a cell color according to the color of another cell, tried diffarent ways to do this but failing could someone help please...

jcinum | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 3, 2014
    1 reply
  • connect two worksheets together Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to connect two worksheets together. If text found in one cell in sheet1, make the same cell on sheet2 different color. Ther...

rookie | Latest reply: rookie Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional Formatting: Highlight cells based on two values Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a merged cell (C5-N5) that I want to change the fill color, based on the combined input of two cell values. I'll just call it "C5" f...

Plastic_Cup_... | Latest reply: Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Apr 2, 2014
    2 replies
  • True/False Statment Using Four Values Closed

Hi everyone! I'm working on a spreadsheet that will drastically reduce the time our staff have to do paperwork, and I'm oh so close but I can't get...

iwnixon | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 2, 2014
    1 reply
  • Auto populate sheets based on main spreadsheet Closed

Hello, I am having some trouble creating a building floor directory. I would like to have one main spreadsheet with everyone's name, title, departme...

amy2876 | Latest reply: amy2876 Apr 2, 2014
    8 replies
  • Code of copy paste data Closed

Hi all of you I have my data spreaded from A2 to K2 and the huge long block of data. I wanted a solution like this. Consider The first block of ...

SPPS | Latest reply: SPPS Apr 2, 2014
    0 replies
  • VBA Macro Conditional Formatting Closed

I need to find out how to write a macro that includes Conditional Formatting. =if(and(Column A has the word "Dial")and(Column F has the word "Booke...

slohman | Latest reply: slohman Apr 2, 2014
    3 replies
  • False value, other than the weekly total Closed

=IF(C1716="","",IF(COUNTIF(C$2:C1716,C1716)=1,COUNTIFS($H$2:$H$11999,1,$C$2:$C$11999,$C1716)=1,"")) I enter the above formula to calculate the tota...

jutulu | Latest reply: jutulu Apr 1, 2014
    2 replies
  • FALSE statement Closed

Hi, The below gives me a FALSE statement. I took off the second "" at the end but makes no difference: =IF(OR(AQ2246=0,AY2246=0),"",IF(COUNTIF(AJ$...

jutulu | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 1, 2014
    1 reply
  • CHANGE CELL VALUE BASED ON TWO OTHER CELLS' VALUES Closed

Hi, i'm trying to right a code that makes a change and then try to applies it on other tab by taking the value of one cell that returns the number of...

dbsimoes92 | Latest reply: dbsimoes92 Apr 1, 2014
    0 replies
  • date format Closed

Hello when i work in excel format 2007 like dd/mm/yyyy when i import the data some date are convert wrongly like 5/3/2014 (March 5th 2014) May ...

uru | Latest reply: iamdinesh Apr 1, 2014
    1 reply
  • i cant open excel file Closed

Hello, i cant open excel file. message :there was a problem sending the command to the program. Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 28.0

binoy | Latest reply: binoy Apr 1, 2014
    0 replies
  • Selecting Cell based on a criteria and copy selected row Closed

Hello, I am working on VBA for the following Selecting cell based on criteria and the copying the selected row to another sheet. Then deletin...

Debs269 | Latest reply: Debs269 Apr 1, 2014
    6 replies
  • fonts in excel Closed

I want to reply to the comments in cells in a color which have alrady been typed in another color. Ex: if i get a comment in red color , i want my rep...

Komal88 | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 31, 2014
    1 reply
  • Maximum and minimum values of a column Closed

Hi, I have a rather large database of experimental values and rather that giving the average of a particular set, I would like to give a range as it ...

losullivan | Latest reply: losullivan Mar 31, 2014
    0 replies
  • Lining up group of cell values in Excel 2007 Solved/Closed

Hi I have two group of cells D6 to D8 and other G12 to G15 Need a code with two conditions that can line up the details of the mentioned cells in ...

PPattni | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 31, 2014
    7 replies
  • Excel conditional formatting row color Closed

Hello, I want to change automatically the color of a whole row (from A to H) depending on the entry in column H which contain any "text" (suppose ...

drchetanb | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 31, 2014
    3 replies
  • Excel VBA/Formula Closed

I have a simple project in which a range of cells are needed to be in filled with color, based on the value on another cell. example if Cell A5 ha...

kennconese | Latest reply: venkat1926 Mar 31, 2014
    1 reply
  • EXCEL Solved/Closed

Hello i want to know how to convert date into words(english & HINDI) in excel 2003 or 2007 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Two April...

VIJAY RANWA | Latest reply: JasminBarby Mar 31, 2014
    2 replies
  • If a cell cointains a specific name, then the value... Closed

Hi! I'm really new (dumb) when it comes to using excel and I've been trying to make my expenses spreadsheets more functional. Here's the layout? ...

heronramos | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 29, 2014
    1 reply
  • to convert number into words Closed

Dear Sir Please give me instruction regarding number convert into words in excel. Thanks M. Quyum

Quyum | Latest reply: Ambucias Mar 29, 2014
    1 reply
  • moving completed tasks from one worksheet to another Closed

Hello, im creating an action register using excel and am trying to set it up to automatically move completed task from one worksheet to another w...

CBanga | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 28, 2014
    1 reply
  • Date Closed

hi how find the no of days between two different month in excel example no of days between 12-Jan-13 and 29-APR-14 EG:12-Jan-13 ; 29-APR-14

sivakavi | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 28, 2014
    1 reply
  • how to arrange the data in the required format Closed

HI i have data in excel in the unorganized manner with blanks im pasting the some of the data 1 GTR4562625 ...

pradeep1019 | Latest reply: venkat1926 Mar 28, 2014
    1 reply
  • Automatically fill rows in Excel Closed

Hello, I have an excel file with the following values: Ico SONY SONY The next time I would write for e.x. "Ico" I want the excel file to...

azvos | Latest reply: azvos Mar 27, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel 2010 macros taking more than 4 hours for execution Closed

Hello, i'm validating two excel files, for this i had write macros in 2007 and it's execute in 15min, where as the same code is taking more than 4 ...

Rakesh | Latest reply: xpcman Mar 27, 2014
    1 reply
  • Fill in rows automatically Closed

Hello, I have an excel file with the following values: Ico SONY SONY T...

azvos | Latest reply: azvos Mar 27, 2014
    0 replies
  • IF DATE Multiple conditions Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help with rewriting this code: =IF(A1DATE(2017,12,31),"2", IF(A1>DATE(2020,12,31), "1"))) I'm trying to categorize those date ...

beejive | Latest reply: beejive Mar 27, 2014
    2 replies
  • How to clear contents Closed

Hello, I would like to know how to clear cells from a banking sheet with 7 tills, range from B5/B16 D5/D16 and 10 other columns. I'm hoping if I c...

Alan M | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 26, 2014
    6 replies
  • VBA Programming Closed

I want to copy the excel sheet with in the same worksheet, using the VBA Programing i.e. on the click of the button. The new sheet is in the sorted fo...

Mukesh.sagar | Latest reply: Gowrisankar.T Mar 26, 2014
    1 reply
  • IF DATE Multiple Conditions Closed

I have this code: =IF(A1DATE(2017,12,31),"2", IF(A1>DATE(2020,12,31), "1"))) I'm trying to categorize those date cutoffs into 3 but apparently, t...

beejive | Latest reply: beejive Mar 26, 2014
    0 replies
  • Date formula question Closed

Hello, How do make the month date year such as 1/1/2014 to hard code month-year Jan-14 for use in pivot table? Thanks Configuration: Windows 7...

Steve | Latest reply: steve Mar 25, 2014
    4 replies
  • Word Macro to create Excel formatted cell Closed

I have Word Macro that I run to create an excel spreadsheet with my bookmarks and their text. Two of my bookmarks contain dates, and one contains a n...

glowackt | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 25, 2014
    1 reply
  • Enter Key jumps to top of document Closed

Hello, I am working on Mac 2011 in Excel. I have been working in a document for several days and yesterday, every time I press Enter, the cursor ju...

CoolGerry | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 25, 2014
    1 reply
  • Excel - sort by column specifics, copy rows to new worksheet Closed

Hello, I follow directions very well, but I just don't know enough about Excel to create what I am wanting. I've created a workbook of our off...

beccalouwho | Latest reply: beccalouwho Mar 25, 2014
    2 replies
  • excel auto filling Closed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca7i7n9zj4c4315/test.xlsm can you give me some more help please before pasting the data it should check the bo...

jowelvjoy | Latest reply: jowelvjoy Mar 25, 2014
    0 replies
  • comparing 2 columns extracting different cells Closed

Hello, I have 2 columns of data in Column A and Column B, I want to compare these columns and the numbers in column B that are not in Column A ...

rockwell1952 | Latest reply: DeeNGee Mar 24, 2014
    1 reply
  • VBA code to copy and insert data changing date value Closed

I have an excel template that captures network outages incidences, calculates the minutes of outage by checking the diff between incidence start time ...

mikeyn | Latest reply: mikeyn Mar 24, 2014
    0 replies
  • Locking cell based on criteria - or removing formula once data h Closed

I have a interesting one, which I need help to crack if it is possible. I want to be able to lock a cell once speciifc data has been centre, or cop...

Debs269 | Latest reply: Debs269 Mar 24, 2014
    0 replies
  • change date Locale Closed

I Want to change date format dd-mm-yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy in MS Excel 2003 Please solve my problem urgently

praveer V Ko... | Latest reply: praveer Mar 22, 2014
    4 replies
  • Comparing 2 excel reports Closed

Hello, I need to match a payroll report to a vendor bill. The payroll report includes name, deduction amount their relevant information and t...

cveliz | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Mar 21, 2014
    1 reply
  • Conditional Formatting: Color of a cell by date AND value Closed

Hello, I am attempting to have a cell change colors based on the amount of time passed since a bill was sent, only if the bill is unpaid. In colum...

Lauren | Latest reply: Lauren Mar 21, 2014
    2 replies
  • Fill data according to other sheet's data Solved/Closed

I have a sheet1 like this: r1 text1 text 1 r2 text1 textx 2 r2 text1 textx 0 r3 text2 texty 1 r4 text2 textz 1 r5 text2 textx 3 r6 text2 text...

Migas.pt | Latest reply: Migas.pt Mar 20, 2014
    6 replies
  • ,">"&0),"") at the end of a countif formula Closed

Hello, I have the below formula, but don't understand why the last part of it ,">"&0),""). Can somebody clarify pls? =IF(COUNTIF($AJ$2:$AJ9,$AJ...

jutulu | Latest reply: toony Mar 19, 2014
    4 replies
  • conditional formatting in Excel 2010 Closed

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to tell Excel use conditional formatting on a cell when/if another cell has conditional formatting to it. Basical...

galaxynut | Latest reply: galaxynut Mar 19, 2014
    2 replies