The discussions

No sound coming from gatway laptop

im not able to get sound from my speakers or my headphones on my laptop. when i try to play anything with audio it says that no sound mixer is availab...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Dec 2010 by
closeup22

Laptop not powering

Hello, Man thanks alot I was so mad when my computer shut down...this worked awesome ... hey will this work on japanese cars? LOL !!!!! Thank You

1 reply Last reply on 27 Dec 2010 by
ash_perez01

Help toshiba laptop drive not working

Hello, just got windows 7 but cant install it cause my cd/dvd drive is missing, it does not show up in my computer. I found it in device manager and...

dist.urbd

Laptop

Hello, I just got an HP laptop for christmas. It was working fine earlier in the morning. We went on a trip and I brought it with me. I thought I had...

ash_perez01

Laptop wont go past the "loading" page

Hello, my laptop starts, says that windows did not successfully load and to choose how to restart it (normally or last known configuration that worked...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Dec 2009 by
dist.urbd

My laptop

Hello, i have a dell latitude d610 it wont start ,i am being told internalhard diskdrive not found it then says hit f1 to continue ,i am new to this...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Dec 2009 by
lfefil

My nec laptop

Hello, expert, i have a Nec lavie Laptop LL760/A. It all started when it refuses to power up when shut down. But now it refuses to boot but the gree...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Dec 2009 by
closeup22

Vga to s-video cable-laptop to tv

Hello, Can I use a VGA to S-Video cable to connect my Sony computer to a Samsung HDTV? My computer only supports VGA and my TV only supports s-cabl...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Dec 2009 by
closeup22

No sound in my laptop

Hello, my bf has windows xp..i went to control panel then sound to disable the hdmi so i can have the sound back in the laptop.after i disabled it, n...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Dec 2009 by
dist.urbd

Ipod has music on it but my laptop show empty

Hello, We just bought a verizon netbook and it doesnt have a cd drive so at the moment i can not insert my cd that my ipod came with. I've had the ip...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Dec 2009 by
closeup22

Laptop wont lay my dvd r-

Hello, I have a fujitsu siemens amilo laptop model: L7320GW I have had someone burn me a DVD in R- format and my DVD player wont open it. I can...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Dec 2009 by
dancedhall

Reading internal laptop drive via ide adaptor

Hi, my Thinkpad a21p died and I am trying to recover the data on the HD. I purchased an IDE HDD USB Adapter to connect the HD to either of my other l...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Dec 2009 by
closeup22

Laptop does not turn on

Hello, my laptop will not turn on if it is dissconected from the mains power supply. the battery is showing 98% fully charged . can anyone help

LouisSteph

Problem with dell laptop

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. The battery no longer holds a charge so it stays plugged in. It was working fine and the screen blacked out. W...

LouisSteph

Help me! my laptop got lines

Hello,im s0nny from malaysia...why i see so many line on my screen..how to fix it?

1 reply Last reply on 15 Dec 2009 by
xpcman

Hp dv9500 laptop with vista reboots and works

Hello Digital, Highly Appreciate your help! I have hp dv9500 laptop with vista and 2 GB RAM it was working fine from last 1 year. Now suddenly o...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Dec 2009 by
Ali

Lost photos of my laptop

Hello, please would you be able to help me retrieve my pics today i restored my laptop and all pics have gone however i can still go on facebbok and ...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Dec 2009 by
shutterist

No sound/vol icon on compaq laptop

Hello, I have no volume on my Compaq Presario C300 laptop. No volume icon either. Computer recently reformatted. Any plain english suggestions?

1 reply Last reply on 13 Dec 2009 by
xpcman

Problems on laptops power switch

Hello, Recently I'm getting a problem. When I connect the batter, my laptop gets start directly even though I don't press the power button. It actual...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Dec 2009 by
Pial

My dell c840 latitude laptop will not rebooth

Hello, I installed a new windows XP service pack 2 on my dell c840 latitude laptop. during the installation, I discovered that the system failed to r...

3 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
Chacklie

Laptop to tv

Solved

Hello, You all make everything sound so simple. Procedure needed in lay terms, please. Have a Compaq(HP) Presario 64 Athlon laptop and Samsung HD fla...

5 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
Nick

Laptop upgrade

Solved

Hi! I really need help very badly. I am moving to another country and I need to upgrade my laptop before I go. I have an old laptop so with a...

13 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
giac0m0

Laptop dell ispiron 8600 dead?

Hello,this is my first question on this forum and i hope i will get the right answer. I have a dell ispiron 8600 witch would not start.when i press ...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
alex-eci

Hp laptop dv6000

Hello, My latop setting isn't work it tells me dowload the software to get it running, after downloading it doesn't work.

1 reply Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
LouisSteph

Laptop can't turn on

Hello, My laptop suddenly cannot power on altho the cable light(blue) is actually on. I send it to repair, but they charge me few hundreds because ...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
iveal

My hcl laptop shuts down automatically, even

Hello, Hi my laptop screen goes off again and again after you log in & when screen shakes of even littele bity secondly it takes long time to ...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2009 by
Ooi Heap Sheng

How to save files from a non bootable laptop

Hello, i have an olf Fujitsu Lap Top the was working fine a couple years ago but I can't get it to boot or even turn on now. I'd like to save some o...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Dec 2009 by
xpcman

Dell laptop inspiron 1525

Hello, i hav dell inspiron 1525,purchased 15 months back,now the lappy doesnt detect the battery,may i knw is it a battry problm or sum harwate probl...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Dec 2009 by
closeup22

Hp pavillion ze5700 laptop power problems

I have a HP Pavillion Ze5700 and i was watching a movie and i fell asleep, so it ran all night and in the morning I tried to shut it down but it must ...

closeup22

I dropped my toshiba laptop!!

Hello, So recently I had a little spill and I fell and my laptop went down with me. now when I try to restart it boots up with the message "Error t...

iveal

Laptop turns on and off

Hello, I recently took my computer to a technician and was charged $220 because it would turn on, but the screen wouldn't turn on. The technician sai...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2009 by
Mittens

Laptop restarts automitcally

Hello, Dear All, I am using compaq laptop loaded with vista. Recentally i upgraded its RAM. The problem is it restarts automitcally after a hour o...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Dec 2009 by
iveal

I do not see dvd icon on my laptop

Hello, I have laptop Acer aspire 5520G.for more than a month my laptop does not show that i have DVD.It does not work at all.it seems that it get los...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Dec 2009 by
nomadcrys

Laptop requirement for connecting to monitor

Hello, I am buying a new laptop and am trying to figure out what it must have if I plan to conntect it to a larger flat screen monitor when I am at h...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Dec 2009 by
xpcman

Laptop switches off when hd attached

Hello, my laptop is an Asus x58L series. a few weeks ago it randomly shut itself off whilst i was working and would not switch on again. at first i...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Dec 2009 by
dancedhall

Boot laptop

Hello, Boot laptop Hello, Toshiba Satellite P20. I went into BIOS and changed the boot order from HDD to CD/DVD drive. The computer s...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Dec 2009 by
Anonymous User

Toshiba laptop problem

Hello, I have had a problem with my laptop. When the computer loads, I can not type anything, not a wrod document or on line, I was looking for a nu...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Nov 2009 by
dancedhall

My laptop won't power up

Hello, My dell c610 won't power up. I left it sitting for a while cause i had another laptop. Now they stole it. I try to power it up, but it wouldn'...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Nov 2009 by
LouisSteph

Laptop won't respond

Hello, I have a toshiba satellite a105-s2081 laptop. It will not start up. When battery is in, the yellow battery indicator light flashes on and off ...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Nov 2009 by
LouisSteph

Laptop

Hello, My dell 1510 wont turn on this happened after i changed the cmos battery i tried removing battery and power cord and turning laptop upside d...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Nov 2009 by
closeup22

Laptop wont turn on

Hello, tried the upside down changed the cmos battery but still wont go can you please help. cheers.

1 reply Last reply on 28 Nov 2009 by
closeup22

Ipod touch with 32 bit laptop

hi, i'm looking to buy my daughter an ipod touch for xmas, but I have been told that I need a 64bit laptop not the 32bit vista that I have. please cou...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Nov 2009 by
jojo

Gateway laptop

Hello, How are you? I forgot my administrator password. so i did what you said in one of the answer so i took the battery out from the motherboard w...

3 replies Last reply on 27 Nov 2009 by
LIfe

Sound problem in laptop

Hi, I purchased a new laptop, and since then i cant hear any songs.i gusee system sound works, system games error messages are all fine. But movies...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Nov 2009 by
closeup22

No display during startup of laptop 1

Hello, I've a HP pavilion dv6314tx model and is 2 years old. Its now giving me a problem during start up. The display remains black and it beeps on b...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Nov 2009 by
basil

Problem with ma laptop

Hello, i have a problem with ma laptop. previously ma machine was operated under vista OS but i tried to downgrade it to windows XP, during installat...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Nov 2009 by
closeup22

Laptop

Hello, i am engineering student like to buy a laptop. which laptop will be more benificial for my studies,it must be advance,i can purchace any ...

closeup22

Laptop major problem

Hello, I'm really having a hard time figuring what could be the problem with my laptop. When I turned it on, it displays the sta...

luin

Sound not working when connected to laptop

Hello, I have a samsung satellite A350-20s laptop and a Samsung HD TV. When i connect them using a HDMI cable the sound only plays through the laptop...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Nov 2009 by
xpcman

Laptop turns off suddenly while working

Hello, So my problem started weeks ago suddenly while working on the internet, it just turned off. Turned off without shutting down. That was the f...

2 replies Last reply on 24 Nov 2009 by
Dell Lt.
Results 7901 - 7950 out of a total of 8,223