The discussions

How do i turn on f keys on laptop

Hello, I just bought a new HP laptop and am frustrated that the default setting for all the Function keys is whatever the manufacturer assigned ...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Nov 2010 by
t5

Windows 7

i am using sony laptop it has preloaded os of windows 7 it has only c drive but i need to use more drive how to crate a partition in that tell me...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Nov 2010 by
Hatem

German to english

Hello, i have just got a samsung laptop from buy as u view and its all in i think its german wording and i want to change it to english how do i go ...

loisty

Reinstall vista to get rid of viruses

Hello, My laptop has some serious viruses. I was told that I can reinstall Vista and start fresh which will wipe out all the virusses. Now, I am no...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Nov 2010 by
lolnoob232

Help with factory restore on vista

Hello, i have tried and tried to restore my computer to factory settings, but cant log in. i do the f8 on start. then go to the repair. it doesn...

pcsces

Acer 4736 os xp probliem

Hello, i have acer aspire 4736 , first i put vista os and want to change to xp os , but the error is show in blue screen. help me to put xp os in my...

7 replies Last reply on 5 Nov 2010 by
snowghost

Window xp installation error- stop:0x0000007b

Hello, whle i am installing window xp setup.there were a error shown on my screen. this error is window xp installation error- STOP:0X0000007B...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Nov 2010 by
aakai1056

D partion is not showing

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.6 i my toshiba laptop (D) partion is not showing please solve my problem can any one help me ple...

pcsces

Windows xp audio device error code 10

Hello, I have a dell inspiron 1750 laptop.i have code 10 error it say's This device cannot start! can you tell me why? and what to do? how can I fix...

pcsces

Laptop does not go beyond the windows xp logo

Hello, I am running on windows XP on an HP laptop. I uninstall Roxio System Restore since XP has its own System Restore. The uninstallation took ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Nov 2010 by
xpcman

Crsah dump blue screen on startup

Solved

Hello, Gateway LX6810-01 Vista Home Premium 64 bit I have started to get a crash dump blue screen on boot up. This just started a couple wee...

4 replies Last reply on 4 Nov 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop screen blank except "lock" icon

Closed

Hello, old ibm thinkpad - turned on yesterday and all I got was blank screen except for 2 icons in the upper left corner - a screen and a padlock. ...

3 replies Last reply on 4 Nov 2010 by
Whiz.. girl

Black screen with cursor on left

Hello, I have windows XP and i was able to finally get to a DOS prompt screen and have tried to usual scandisk, chkdsk, & safe mode. Nothing works a...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Nov 2010 by
jaunglia

Cannot get my desktop back after black screen

Hello, IN WINDOWS 7 I GOT THE BLACK SCREEN WHIC i FEXED BY FOLLOWING THE ADVICE GIVEN HERE-i.e. Turn off laptop,remove battery pack,press and ho...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Nov 2010 by
jo

Lost photos

Hello, i lost all my photos in folder lock..and then i restored it but i cant find my photos....so pls pls tell any safety measures to regain that...

pcsces

Compaq windows 7 no audio drivers

i have a compaq presario v5000 i just dug out of the closet and ive just updated it to windows 7 but for the life of me cant get hold of the sound aud...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Nov 2010 by
jaunglia

Ps2 and usb mouse and keyb don't work

Hello, I'm caleb i've got a problem with my PC the problem is ps2 and ubs mouse and keyboard are not working what can'i do to fix it? thank

pcsces

Change my boot screen,logonscren,themes

Solved

Hello, This is krishna,i m using xp vlack version.now i want to change all design like themes, boot screens, etc, can you help me to c...

7 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2010 by
manju

How to do a full system recovery on xp

I need to do a full system recovery on my laptop. I do not have access to the internet or the CD ROM. I need a step by step guide. I do not want to da...

4 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2010 by
markvortex

Eee pc cannot open windows xp

Hello, My EEe pc laptop ran out of battery whilst I was using it earlier. I have since charged it and when i go to start the computer now it tells...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Nov 2010 by
Help on your Laptop?

Farmville

Hello, After I login to Facebook....I am unable to logout.. I cant send gifts in farmville...I cant publish anything on my wall...and I cant comm...

pcsces

Games and dvds wont work on emachines e525

Hello, Configuration: Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 8.0 My emachines E525 wont play cds dvd or games so is there anything that can help...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2010 by
doris

How to undo sync?

Hello, When I plugged in my ipod, it synced automatically and erased my memo recordings. I need them back. Can I restore the files somehow? ...

realiser

Vista will not recognize usb printer

Hello, I'm running Vista and I'm trying to printer on a Lexmark X4650 all-in-one printer. There is a communication error between the computer and t...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2010 by
Gerry

These files cant be opened

Hello, Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9.0

hackimist

Changed email address

I changed my email address and now I cannot log in on my facebook page. Please help me:) Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.3

3 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2010 by
hackimist

Ie problem

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 2.0.0.2 hiiiiiii,all of u,actully my prb is,when i clicked on ie icon,browes not going to open,so ...

realiser

Startup repair missing from advancebootopions

Hello, there i have a dell 530s vista home basic and when i press f8 the advance boot opions is there but startup repair is not on the list. is th...

realiser

Blue screen error while instaling xp

Hello, i am using a Toshiba laptop, it comes wit a Win 7, i am trying to install win xp but everytime win setup tries to start , this blue screen ...

realiser

Lan driver for hp d220 mt

Solved

Hello, SIR, I HAVE FORMATED MY HP D220 MT COMPUTER WITH WIN XP2. I DONT HAVE ITS LAN DRIVER. I HAVE SEARCHED ON INTERNET BUT NOT FOUND. HOW CAN I ...

7 replies Last reply on 2 Nov 2010 by
sameh

Shutting down a sysem

Hai friends this is yogesh i want to shutdown a system in server through command prompt. Can anyone give idea on this, please? Configuration:...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Nov 2010 by
realiser

Acer 9410z factory restore

Hello, yes I have tried the f8 and alt f10 and I get no options for a restore. I have been sent to the safe mode boot up and some screen that al...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Nov 2010 by
realiser

How to check internet speed of my computer

Solved

Hello,

4 replies Last reply on 2 Nov 2010 by
jaunglia

Blue screen while installing xp on dell 280

Hi, Dear i have dell 280 machine. I m trying to install win XP but during the file copy to HD, errors appear with blue screen. i change HD but sam...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Nov 2010 by
jaunglia

Win xp sound driver acer extensa 5220

Solved

Hello, I just install windows xp on acer extensa 5220. There is no sound on the the laptop. Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 8.0

2 replies Last reply on 1 Nov 2010 by
whiteberry

Hp dv6910us recovery cd needed

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion dv6910us laptop. Thus I created a recovery CD (turned out to be 16 cd's since I used 700mb cd roms). Anyway something w...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Nov 2010 by
re_mi

Unable to open files with double click

Hello, I just scanned and removed all infected files on my system having XP OS using avast After doing that on double clicking some of my files (x...

3 replies Last reply on 1 Nov 2010 by
re_mi

Slow speed photon whiz speed by dns server

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.12 sir help me please can i speed up my photon whiz speed by dns server?? thanx ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Nov 2010 by
re_mi

External hard drive is not recognized on pc

Hello, I have a number of external hard drives that are not recognized on the PC because they were briefly connected to a mac. I no longer have ac...

8 replies Last reply on 1 Nov 2010 by
joe

Restoring mysql data base after system format

Hello, Hi. My problem is .. I've formatted the system as it is completely attacked by virus and not working properly. But forgot to take my da...

re_mi

Not working pen drive

Hello, sir, i have bought new 128 gb pen drive 200 data traveler of kingston company but it is not working well it can not store data above 1 gb...

jaunglia

Windows 7 disk not bootable!!!!

Solved

Hello, I download the windows 7 iso. I made a DVD using nero with verification. When I tried, it did not boot. So I took another DVD and tried the s...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Nov 2010 by
Jack Rex

Acer netbook fails to start

Hello, My Netboook says "windows could not start becasue of an error in the software. please report this problem as: load needed DLLs for HAL. ...

re_mi

Dell mini 10 restarting

Hello, My Dell Mini 10 laptop is not booting as it is might be due to AHCI mode is enabled for XP. But when i go through the BIOS setup there is n...

numtecinf

After rebooting laptop, it doesn't work

After recently rebooting my laptop, I turned it on only to be presented with a blank screen, after a few lines about the laptop checking for a boot di...

mjb126

All icons on my laptop missing or disabled

Hello, I have a problem with the icons on my laptop. All the icons logo don't show up but only display the mp3 logo. When i click on the individua...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Oct 2010 by
Ambucias

Connecting hdmi to vga

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.10I want to connect my LG LCD monitor to sony home theatre system through hdmi cable. I bought ...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Oct 2010 by
Vince.$tone12

How to retrive files in a drive hidden by a v

Hello Dear, I had some image & video files stored in my d drive bcoz of virus I have to formate my root drive but data was kept in another drive n...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2010 by
udaya

Change language

Hello, i want to change the language of my computer from english to danish language. please tell me how to do it. thanks a lot. marivic Con...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2010 by
re_mi

Not able to install xp

Hello, I hv desktopa at home and its config is ASUS motherboard 2gb ram nd dual core processor Win 7 Ultimate.. nd nw i want to insatall xp as u...

7 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2010 by
re_mi
Results 8751 - 8800 out of a total of 24,656