WhatsApp gives you the ability to send photos, videos, and audio messages to your contacts, without needing to switch to another application or leave your conversation window. This article will give you a quick run-through of how to share media files on WhatsApp and how to send photos without compressing the images.
How to send photos and videos on WhatsApp?
The process for sending photo files and video media files over WhatsApp on iPhone and Android devices is almost identical.
- First, to take a photo, tap the camera icon located next to the message field.
- The camera screen will open. Tap the round button to take a picture.
- Press and hold the round button to record a video. You will have the opportunity to review your media before sending. If you're happy with your content, simply click Send.
How to share photos and video from your gallery on WhatsApp?
- Tap the paperclip button located in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then, tap the camera icon to access your gallery.
- Select the photo(s) or video(s) that you would like to send, then click Next.
- You will now have the option to include text in your media message. (Note that if multiple files are selected, the text will send with the last file.) Enter your message, then click Send.
How to send media on WhatsApp without compression?
- Go to Photos and select the image you want to send.
- Press Share > Save in Files, and then save it to your selected folder.
- Now go back to WhatsApp and choose the conversation you wish to share the image with.
- Use the + icon and select Document.
- Now find the image, select it and confirm that you want to send the image.
This method works best if you only have a few photos or videos to send, for any larger file transfers, consider using something like WeTransfer or Google Drive.
Transferring photos and videos on Android is also simple.
- Go to the File Manager and select the image or video you want to send
- Now rename the file extension from .jpeg to .doc
- When you send the image it will be sent as a .doc file. For the end user to open it as a photo they just need to rename it back to .jpeg.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- How to send a photo on whatsapp
- How to upload clear images on Whatsapp status? > Forum - WhatsApp
- What Is an Apk File and How to Install One
- How To Share files with UTorrent
- How to Download Images From the Internet on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone > Guide
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web