Send photos on WhatsApp: without compression, on iPhone
WhatsApp gives you the ability to send photos, videos, and audio messages to your contacts, without needing to switch to another application or leave your conversation window. This article will give you a quick run-through of how to share media files on WhatsApp and how to send photos without compressing the images.
How to send photos and videos on WhatsApp?
The process for sending photo files and video media files over WhatsApp on iPhone and Android devices is almost identical.
- First, to take a photo, tap the camera icon located next to the message field.
- The camera screen will open. Tap the round button to take a picture.
- Press and hold the round button to record a video. You will have the opportunity to review your media before sending. If you're happy with your content, simply click Send.
How to share photos and video from your gallery on WhatsApp?
- Tap the paperclip button located in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then, tap the camera icon to access your gallery.
- Select the photo(s) or video(s) that you would like to send, then click Next.
- You will now have the option to include text in your media message. (Note that if multiple files are selected, the text will send with the last file.) Enter your message, then click Send.
How to send media on WhatsApp without compression?
- Go to Photos and select the image you want to send.
- Press Share > Save in Files, and then save it to your selected folder.
- Now go back to WhatsApp and choose the conversation you wish to share the image with.
- Use the + icon and select Document.
- Now find the image, select it and confirm that you want to send the image.
This method works best if you only have a few photos or videos to send, for any larger file transfers, consider using something like WeTransfer or Google Drive.
Transferring photos and videos on Android is also simple.
- Go to the File Manager and select the image or video you want to send
- Now rename the file extension from .jpeg to .doc
- When you send the image it will be sent as a .doc file. For the end user to open it as a photo they just need to rename it back to .jpeg.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to send a photo on whatsapp
- How to send a photo on whatsapp android
- Send this photo on whatsapp
- How to appear offline on whatsapp > Guide
- How to get whatsapp verification code online > Guide
- Windows live photo gallery > Download - Photo albums
- How many types of whatsapp are available > Guide
- Whatsapp download > Download - Instant messaging