If you would like to restore Google Chrome to it's default settings, there are two ways to do so. This article will cover both.
- Open Google Chrome then click on the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button.
- Go to Settings > "Show Advanced Settings".
- Scroll the page to the bottom and click on "Reset Browser Settings".
- Click on the "Reset" button.
- Close all running instances of Google Chrome.
- Go to User > Username > Appdata> Local > Google > Chrome > User Data.
- Enable the display of Hidden files and folders: Tools > Folder Options > View > Check "Show Hidden files, folders and drives".
- Look for a folder named as "Default".
Image: © nite - Shutterstock.com
- Delete this folder and open Google Chrome.
- You will notice that Google Chrome has been restored to default settings.