Disclaimer: As of March 2020, this function is no longer available on newer updates of Facebook Messenger.
This tip will explain how to pin individual Facebook Messenger conversations or group chats to the home screen of your mobile device .
Add a Facebook Chat Shortcut to Your Home Screen
Open the Facebook Messenger app > Conversations view. Hold your finger down on your conversation and wait for a few seconds. In the menu that opens, select Create Shortcut:
Facebook Messenger will then display a message that reads, “Shortcut username create”.
Pin a Facebook Group Chat to Your Homescreen
Go to the Groups tab and select the desired group. Tap on the More menu > Create shortcut to add the group chat to your home screen:
N.B.: This tip applies to both iOS and Android models.
Image: © x9626 - Shutterstock.com
- Messenger shortcut
- Add messenger to home screen - Best answers
- How to create shortcut in messenger - Best answers
- Messenger create shortcut missing - Forum - Facebook
- Facebook messenger - Forum - Network
- Unable to complete request messenger ✓ - Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Ios 15 messenger notifications - Forum - IPad/iPod/iPod Touch
- Shortcut key to delete - Guide