Facebook Messenger gives you access to all the features of a good instant messaging app. Here we'll explain how to install the Facebook Messenger app and present useful tips and tricks to get the most out of it on your Android device.
How to set up Facebook Messenger for Android?
Download and install Facebook Messenger. Once installed, tap to launch the app. If a Facebook account is already registered on your device then you will be prompted to verify your login details in order to connect to Facebook Messenger. Alternatively, you can register using the email address (or phone number) and password associated with your Facebook account.
You can also register your mobile phone number allowing your friends or acquaintances to get in touch with you more easily. You should now be connected to Facebook Messenger!
How to log in to multiple Messenger accounts?
If you want to login to login to multiple Facebook Messenger accounts simultaneously it is possible, however, you won't be able to log in on the same device (for example 2 accounts using the Facebook Messenger app). Instead, you will need to login into Facebook Messenger through the app, and then also login to the Facebook Messenger website using your [browser for the second account.
How to mute a conversation in Messenger?
Open the Facebook Messenger app, and select the desired conversation you wish to mute. Tap on the name of the person or group at the top of the screen. At the top of the list of settings that appear, click on the Snooze Bell.
A list of options will then open up for you to choose the duration of the 'snoozed' notifications. You have various options ranging from 15 minutes to 24 hours or simply until you turn them back on.
Alternatively, you can also choose to Ignore Messages for a conversation which will turn off all notifications and move the conversation to a spam folder for you. To activate this option you also need to enter the chat, click on the group name at the top of the screen and then scroll down to Ignore Messages in the settings that appear.
You will then receive the following message to confirm your decision:
How to delete messages and conversations in Messenger?
How to delete a conversation?
Open the Facebook Messenger app, and find the conversation that you'd like to delete. Tap the Menu button, and then select the Delete option. A dialogue box reading, Delete This Entire Conversation? will be displayed. Tap the Delete conversation option to confirm your choice.
How to delete a message?
Open the Facebook Messenger app, and select the desired conversation. Hold your finger down on the message that you'd like to delete until a small menu is displayed. Select Delete from the menu options:
A dialogue box reading, Delete Message? will be displayed. Tap the Delete message option to confirm your choice.
- Facebook messenger widget android
- Tips and Tricks to Manage Apps on Android
- Facebook Messenger Gets Android Update
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android > Guide
- Facebook messenger missing emojis android > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- What is b.static.ak.fbcdn.net on Facebook?
- Change Facebook language: in browser and on Android
- How to start secret conversations on Facebook Messenger?
- How to check who viewed my Facebook profile (2021)?
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- How to change your birthday on Facebook
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- How to download Facebook videos
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- How to connect to Facebook without entering your password
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account