Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10 [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Tuesday December 29, 2015
Last seen
December 29, 2015
-
Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10. Suddenly, my browsers stopped working, other features stopped connecting to the internet. Even though in the taskbar, it says that the system is connected to the WiFi.

I've tried: Restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets. I've also gone through all previous answers to this problem. But, none of the solution worked for me.

Please help!
See more 

3 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
Thank you
Hi,

Follow these steps:
  • Start > In Run type cmd > Then "CMD" will be displayed
  • Now enter this command:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
  • Press Enter
  • Reboot your computer

Hope, it will help!

Say "Thank you" 144

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 3315 users have said thank you to us this month

> Faragus -
Hi I have tried the CMD internet is still not working
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
2332 > Cynthia -
Open your own thread then. You have a different problem.
The fix works - until I switch the computer off and then I have to do it again. Any long term solution
Hi Sandra here

I tried it on my computer but it didnt work and this was something that happened

"The requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator)."

can you help???
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
2332 > Sandra -
press windows key
type cmd
right click over COMMAND PROMPT presented in menu
select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Please refer to the image below:
Thank you
Having exact same problems as prior messages on multiple computers. (Laptops and desktops - all with windows10) Loss of internet connectivity after visiting a number of websites. OK if stay on just one. Wifi and ethernet seem connected but all browsers just sit and spin. Incredimail locks also. Been using fix above at command prompt. Works but issue reoccurs after 1-6 hours. Have run multiple viral and malware scans. Cleaned out Temp files and resolved any registry issues - no difference. Also, disabled all on board adapters and used new USB ethernet adapter with Windows 10 drivers preinstalled - no difference. All this has begun over past several weeks.
This is a followup of my previous post. Took the desktop to my favorite computer repair shop run by a Russian family. Mostly they reduced the number of startup programs and removed McAfee. They installed MS Defender which comes with Windows - no problem at all now. Works perfectly. Was having same problem with my laptop. Removed McAfee and again installed MS Defender. Only removed a few startup programs but so far working fine.
pzeiler
Registration date
Tuesday June 20, 2017
Last seen
June 20, 2017
-
Same freaking thing happened to me. Couldn't access any internet, although I was connected via either hard connection or wireless. All browsers, and anything that uses the internet would not function....with no internet
McAfee kept hanging up. I'd click on it and 8-15 minutes later it would respond. I was working on this issue all day with microsoft tech's and then McAfee tech's...who then wanted me to opt for a "you pay, and then we'll fix it". I hung up on them, as they were saying it was a problem with my computer. After working on this for damn near 12 hours straight, I finally have clicked and waited long enough between each step to uninstall McAfee...and guess what? I got online like a charm, with all of my browsers. I wanna choke somebody for ruining an entire day of mine. Excuse me McAfee, can I get you to pay me for a 12 hour shift? Or can I rob 12 hours straight of your lives? The fix up above only solved my issue for a nanosecond on each restart, it would work, then nothing else...no second web page.
Dawncherie
Registration date
Thursday August 17, 2017
Last seen
August 20, 2017
> pzeiler
Registration date
Tuesday June 20, 2017
Last seen
June 20, 2017
-
And yet, my issues started when I removed McAfee!
skolniks
Registration date
Friday September 29, 2017
Last seen
September 29, 2017
-
I knew it had something to do with McAfee. i've had problems with every system that uses it. they bundle it in with many computers.

I uninstalled and removed it; i'm using MS/Windows Defender from now on and everything is working great.

Thanks.
> skolniks
Registration date
Friday September 29, 2017
Last seen
September 29, 2017
-
I dont have McAfee install in my laptop but the microsoft edge and google chrome is not working the only thing working is the firefox Its say that "this site can't be reached" I format my laptop yet It still got the same problem
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
Thank you
Please forgive me for my lack of response, this weekend was no fun!

In the same cmd window, run chkdsk /f /r and reboot!

This defrags your drive, which could cause these types of problems too. Also, how much free space do you have on your C drive?
Maybe the problem is caused by an anti-virus software.
It was in my case, anyway