The discussions

Sum specific col if rows contain same info

Hello, I would like to add cells in certain columns (for example: a & c) if the data in a certain row (say "8") is the same. I'm sure it's a logic...

1 reply Last reply on 27 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Newbie needs a macro

Hello, I need a macro that will search for the sku I'm looking for then scroll to the correct column and update the cell with the correct value th...

rizvisa1

Inserting worksheets

Hello, Is there a way to automatically insert a new sheet in excel each day ? If yes, can the new sheets be formatted as the original sheet and al...

rizvisa1

Conditional formatting with excel

Hello, I'm making a doc where Column A has number values the same as column B and C. For each cell the conditional formating of cell in column C w...

Trowa

Macro/function question???

Hello, i am currently making a spreadsheet that will log our equipment that is being repaired and have had some luck using the IF statement in th...

1 reply Last reply on 26 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro help!

Hello, I need a macro that will select all rows that have have the word "Japan" in one of the columns. And then Copy and Paste that to Another sheet...

rizvisa1

Excel copying rows with two conditions

Hi I'm trying to create a dashboard - which will automatically pick up rows based on a condition. I.e. copy the row if its 'closed won' and if it...

8 replies Last reply on 26 May 2010 by
Ash

Writing a macro

Solved

Hello, I am trying to get data whcih has been inoutted into one workksheet to copy into another worksheets when it meets a command in one of the c...

28 replies Last reply on 26 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Dates formatting in excel

Hi All, Thanks in advance for your help. I am autoformatting my dates in Excel 2007 to read as mmm-dd-yyy (i.e. Jan-01-2010) which is working per...

rizvisa1

Help! please my interner browser wont open

Hello, My name is Edgar I have a problem with my laptop. the internet browser wont start when i open the internet explorer it closes down by itself....

ash_perez01

Excel, if fuction with cell text values?

Solved

Hello, I would like to include the text value of a cell in the statement I have for one of the IF options. So far my formula is -: =IF((B1...

2 replies Last reply on 26 May 2010 by
jen

Req: 'if' formula in excel

Hello, In one of my excel formate below mentioned row/coloums are there, Disp. Month IPO # IPO Dt Customer Details Job Name PO No. PO DT Inv N...

rizvisa1

Excel formula display in cell

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I need to print the step by step values of a formula in a cell for example ilets say: cells(A,3)= Cells...

rizvisa1

Excel:conditional formatting stops working

Hello, First of all i am using 3 rules in conditional formatting and those are =AND(c1"",c1today() Green it works perfectly but ...

3 replies Last reply on 25 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Auto email when cells in range are edited

Hello, Heres my problem: The company I work for currently uses an excel spreadsheet for scheduling. Its annoying and cumbersome. Once updated...

1 reply Last reply on 25 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Setting up criteria for vba macros in excel

Hello, I need to set up a loop function that will only output the data of the cheapest house, with a pool. Here is what I have so far, but my...

rizvisa1

Highlighting cells within a loop

Hello, I am trying to set my vb code to highlight columns C through G in a light blue color after each step of the loop. So for instance my for st...

rizvisa1

How to automatically copy data from excel?

Hello, I am running a data entry office and I need some help with present project. here is the exact scenario 1. I have data ready in ex...

rizvisa1

Excel convert number to letters

Pls let me know how to convert numbers into letters in excel

rizvisa1

Copy data from one worksheet to another

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0 I am looking for a way where i can copy data from one worksheet to the another. Th...

rizvisa1

Excel-formula

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0 I have 3 columns K, L and M that 2 of the fields are n/a and 1 of the fields will ha...

Netscur

Deleting cells based on cell value of samerow

Solved

Hello, When I delete cell D4 (it's contents turn to ""), I would like cells C4, E4, F4, G4 to be deleted as well. The row must still exist, so on...

8 replies Last reply on 25 May 2010 by
trowa

Excel leading zero format

Hello, I would like some advice on formatting cells to have leading zeroes. I do know about using ="0####", but my problem is somewhat more comple...

2 replies Last reply on 25 May 2010 by
PRM

Assign macro to button on a multi-page tab

Hello, This seems easy but I am really stuck. I need to have a floating set of commands in a spreadsheet and I can't use attached custom toolbars (IT...

2 replies Last reply on 24 May 2010 by
Nuwan

List 2 columns into one

Solved

Hello, I hoping that someone can help me fix this. I have two columns with possible duplicate vendor name, example VendorName ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 May 2010 by
venkat1926

How to make macros in excel

Salam All Dear any one help me to make macro inexcel I m very new in this field and i m copying some data from any web sit (i-e www.192.com) a...

1 reply Last reply on 24 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel sheet

Hello, If you have data stored in an Excel sheet, describe the steps to import the excel sheet into MS-Access and to convert the data into a datab...

1 reply Last reply on 23 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

I need a formula for excel

Solved

Hello, Here is what I need and cant find anywhere: IF A12="text1 (anywhere in text)",then b2="text2" please help provide a formula that ca...

1 reply Last reply on 23 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel formula file linked

Solved

http://wikisend.com/download/466894/Check1.xlsx Their is a description on the file about what i am trying to do. besicly check one value to a list,...

3 replies Last reply on 22 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel formula to pull data between dates

Hello, I have a worksheet from a payroll program that is exported into Excel. In column A it prints the date and then names, the next date and t...

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Separating string into different columns

Hello, I am working in an Excel Spreadsheet where I have a column that looks like this: Column XYZ Engineers #### Lincoln Ave., Suite ### San ...

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Merge 10 workbooks in a sheet

Hello, I wanted to create an application using macro. I have 10 excel work books, i wanted to merge that all excel workbook into one work book....

9 replies Last reply on 22 May 2010 by
Rajesh

Adding double quotes to excel

Hello, How do I add double quotes the beginning and end of a column of numbers in Excel. Example 45671 needs to be "45671". Thanks. Config...

1 reply Last reply on 21 May 2010 by
donaldnelson

Autofilling formulas from multiple worksheets

Hi guys. I am decent with excel, but I am trying to help a fellow employee out at the moment who has very little knowledge of excel. She is doing a ...

3 replies Last reply on 21 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

How to copy data using macros?

Hello, I have a sheet which has data, Sheet 1 A B C D 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 -- -- -- -- Now ...

4 replies Last reply on 21 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Sorting data into different worksheets-excel

Hello, Here is my issue. I'm using Excel 2003, and I have a worksheet going with a list of names in column A, and their job title in column B. Wh...

6 replies Last reply on 21 May 2010 by
Yargsz

Macro to compare and delete rows

Solved

Hello, I'm a new b when it comes to macros. I'm looking for the best way to compare data in 2 sheets. If data in column A matches on both sheets...

2 replies Last reply on 21 May 2010 by
Clare

Excel formula if statement with link

Hi all, so if cell a1:a50 contain 5 digit product codes, and b1:b50 contain prices on a serperate sheet there will be a list off 100 product coes fr...

2 replies Last reply on 21 May 2010 by
Trowa

Excel duplicates

Hello, I have Windows XP, Excel 2003, and 2007. I use large Pivot Tables, using Multiple Consolidation Ranges, which are bank statements from...

rizvisa1

Won't delete my empty rows!

Hello, After I used the filter on my spreadsheet that only contained 650 rows, suddenely there were 65,000! But they won't delete. I've tried clea...

rizvisa1

Unprotecting a sheet

Hello, Is there anyway to unprotect a spreadsheet without knowing the password ? Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 6.0

2 replies Last reply on 20 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Sort by columns

Hello, I have been trying to create a macro to sort some arrival hours, I have 9 columns, the data I want to sort is on columns D, H and L, do you...

7 replies Last reply on 20 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Match columns and bring back a third column

Hi excel gurus, I have a problem and I need some help to match information in two spreadsheets, I need to match the first two colomns in sheet1 ...

5 replies Last reply on 20 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel vba macro to make sheets

Hello, I'm looking for a macro that makes a sheet in the Excel-workbook. I have a mastersheet with all the persons working in a company in a partic...

1 reply Last reply on 20 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Need macro for following condition

Hello, I need help on the following condition. ID Type Time 1 A 2 1 B 3 2 C 1.25 2 D 2 3 E ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Color change and continual total...excel!!!!

Hello, I am begging for help !!!! I will explain what I need and then hopefully you can help me. FIRST ISSUE: If Cell F9 = E9 do nothin...

3 replies Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro to send email from vlookup cell value

Solved

Hello, I am trying to create a macro that will among other things send an email to each address in a cell. The only problem is that the cell with ...

5 replies Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

A formula for comparing values in two columns

Hello, I want to compare values in two colums excel, if the value is in both columns to return a 0, if not to remain as it is. kindly help ...

rizvisa1

How do i change dates automatically in excel

Hello, Any clever person out there. I am a frustrated administrator. I need to forward plan with dates. Basically I enter a Date of Birth i...

rizvisa1

Excel: selection of cells in column between 2

All, Selection of Cells in a column Between two Values I am preparing a Statistical Data Sheet, for this I need to select and copy data from one...

3 replies Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1
Results 5701 - 5750 out of a total of 7,061