Excel Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 5551 - 5600 of about 9,840
  • Update data records Closed

I have a specific range of cells in a column. For eg In sheet1 from D3 to D12 I keep on entering various alpha numberic code from 3 digit to 8 di...

eexpert | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 28, 2013
    1 reply
  • copy row paste at the top of each page Closed

I need to copy a row, then paste it on the top row of multiple pages.

paulcc | Latest reply: paulcc Jun 27, 2013
    2 replies
  • Validation Warning for repeating a number in a column Closed

Hello, I am using a spreadsheet that compares properties, within different grid squares. The column for grid references has numbers prefixed with t...

barewirewalker | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 27, 2013
    7 replies
  • Excel : If value is in column A, then delete cell in column B Closed

Hello, This is what I want to do : Column A : value1 value2 value3 value4 value5 Column B : value1 value22 value33 value44 valu...

Johan222 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 27, 2013
    5 replies
  • Conditional Formatting - based on a formula and named cells Closed

Hello, I have been struggling to get a simple formula to work in Excel 2013. My objective is to compare budget numbers to actual and if we are wit...

burusu | Latest reply: venkat1926 Jun 27, 2013
    3 replies
  • Trying to write a code to insert a blank row above a cell value Solved/Closed

I am trying to write a code that will auto insert a blank row above a certain cell value ie: existing: Column G 5 10 20 22 999 2 22 55...

Kwanni | Latest reply: Ambucias Jun 26, 2013
    3 replies
  • Macro for deleting a row with specific criteria in a cell Closed

Hello, I've got a spreadsheet with many rows and columns, and I'd like to delete specific rows based on criteria I pick. For example, if my criteri...

MacroNovice | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 26, 2013
    3 replies
  • highlight dates with conditional formating Closed

CELL A1= 01-JAN-2013, A2= 02-JAN-2013, A3= 05-JAN-2013, A4= 07-JAN-2013, A5= 09-JAN-2013, A6= 10-JAN-2013 Here a1 and a2 has difference of 1 day so...

chdm2013 | Latest reply: chdm2013 Jun 25, 2013
    0 replies
  • Exporting selected cells to another workbook selected cells Closed

Hello, I am a College Student and in my down time I've been messing around with vba coding. I am thinking about making a macro that will automatica...

Aussie22 | Latest reply: Aussie22 Jun 24, 2013
    0 replies
  • Adding columns containing text Closed

I have a basic sheet and cell a4 is a total of jobs done. I want to add +1 to cell a4 every time I enter any text in b6:b1000 to tally work completed...

bsteen | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 24, 2013
    1 reply
  • Excel reminder Closed

Hello...I need to create a reminder for dates in B2 that is 3 years after the date in B2. To have B3 highlight with REVIEW would be great. I have a fo...

Tricia Kozuki | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 24, 2013
    1 reply
  • Command button to post data from one sheet to another one Closed

Hello, I would be very grateful if some one van help me! I have excel table with 10 columns (from A-J) in sheet1. I fill data in the table and in...

issahamameh | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 24, 2013
    1 reply
  • VBA code to update master excel sheet from source excel sheet Closed

Please help me with a vba code to update redhighlighted cells in master file for all documents from source file please find links for the files ...

jv108 | Latest reply: jv108 Jun 24, 2013
    0 replies
  • Excel, Automatically transfering data and filtering Closed

How do I transfer a document into another document automatically by filtering specific numbers or words out?

garrisongregr | Latest reply: venkat1926 Jun 24, 2013
    1 reply
  • Formula to calculate monthly contract value between date Closed

Hi, Would appreciate helps here. I need to calculate monthly contract value based on contract start date and finish date. Contract value: 100,0...

Bozztcs | Latest reply: bozztcs Jun 23, 2013
    2 replies
  • I cant open my exel .slxs files Solved/Closed

Hello, am not able to open my exel files(office 2007) which are in .slxs formet. when am trying to open that file windows is showing this message: ...

srf91 | Latest reply: srf91 Jun 22, 2013
    6 replies
  • Enter Start time and End Time Closed

Hi! I'm trying to make a tracker using excel wherein we can calculate the minutes used in each task that we make. I am planning to have the start time...

totzkie10 | Latest reply: totzkie10 Jun 22, 2013
    2 replies
  • VBA code for document controll & progress monitoring Closed

Hi... Good day! I am a project control engineer dealing with almost 1500 documents/drawings from my engineering sub contractor. Each documen...

j108 | Latest reply: j108 Jun 22, 2013
    13 replies
  • Enter Time by clicking on a cell Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help setting a code in Excel. I am new to VBA but have used Excel for awhile. I would like to set Columns D & E up for time. I want...

jkdurkin | Latest reply: totzkie10 Jun 21, 2013
    7 replies
  • conditional formatting with an exception Closed

Hello, Im trying to conditionally format the results in I19:I44 for all duplicates although I want the first one to be an exception. How do I sp...

troxi | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 20, 2013
    1 reply
  • Freezing Panes Closed

Hello friends, I want to freeze more than one row (like 5, 8, 20, etc) and column (like E, K, O, etc) at random location at the same time in excel....

ugn10 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 20, 2013
    1 reply
  • Attendance Sheet Closed

Hello friends, Please help me for following issue. I have created an attendance sheet in excel having 12 sheets (for all months like Jan, Feb, ...

ugn10 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 20, 2013
    1 reply
  • A macro for a single column until end of data in the column Closed

I need to create a macro that created "Replacement Date" in Column AE and calculates the Replacement Date for the entire column and stops at the end o...

ZGL | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 20, 2013
    1 reply
  • Selecting dates Closed

I have a worksheet that list property sales from year 2000 to 2012. I'm trying to mark all property sales into different quarters that is all sales fr...

kaake | Latest reply: kaake Jun 19, 2013
    2 replies
  • Data search and corellation Closed

Hello I have hundreds of pages of data that I am going through for Pie and Pareto analysis and I am trying to speed up the process by using formula...

Car7os | Latest reply: Car7os Jun 18, 2013
    1 reply
  • Excel - Macro help please!!! Closed

Hello, I have a monthly report with multiple clients which varies month to month. I need to figure out how to create a New Work Book from my sorte...

SuzyDataAnalyst | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 17, 2013
    3 replies
  • Conditionally insert a duplicate row Solved/Closed

I have a table with hundreds of rows but here's a basic example: __a___b_____c____ 1 Color Dates Completed (headings) 2 red Date1 No 3 red Dat...

acohen12 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 17, 2013
    7 replies
  • cell contains value from range return value from another column Closed

How can I compare two columns of data and return a value from another column? If the value from column A on Sheet 2 contains a value from Column A ...

cbaker137 | Latest reply: jack4rall Jun 17, 2013
    4 replies
  • Inserting rows chronologically while maintaining weekday formula Closed

Hello there, In a sheet named Projects, col C contains weekday dates and col B has numbers of days needed for projects (a project takes at least 1 ...

newVB | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 16, 2013
    1 reply
  • Macro Help Copy Specific Text from One cell into another Solved/Closed

Here is the scenario: I have a large excel spreadsheet and I have a column in which I only need the last ten characters of each line copied or move...

steve22522 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 16, 2013
    5 replies
  • Capturing time through Excel Macro Closed

Hello, I am trying to capture the timings of my team for various activities like break, meeting, working hours, login & logout timings etc...I hav...

Durgaprasadcs | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 16, 2013
    1 reply
  • Excel - how do I create multiple spreadsheets from one Master Closed

Hello, I have a monthly report with multiple clients which varies month to month. I need to figure out how to create a New Work Book from my sorted...

SuzyDataAnalyst | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 16, 2013
    1 reply
  • find a column by criteria and display in another worksheet Closed

Hello, I have a worksheet with a several columns (example): PP DR MM SS 5 3 2 7 4 9 2 1 2 9 4 4 ...

jesslm17 | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Jun 15, 2013
    1 reply
  • So many dates Closed

Hello, I have a spreadsheet of about 15000 items. I need to do several things to the pivot table built off the spreadsheet. The things I need to...

Excelsior2000 | Latest reply: Excelsior2000 Jun 13, 2013
    0 replies
  • trying to create a formula Closed

Hello, what I am trying to do is that I have a $ amount in g7;g41 + 20% of the dollar amount in i7;i41 to give total payout in k7;k41 Thanks

resiresale | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 13, 2013
    3 replies
  • Enter data in a Workbook worksheet and Save it in a other Worksh Closed

Hi, I Created a excel file requisition and user input details requesting materials I need to have this data go to a other sheet with two section ...

jlockem | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2013
    1 reply
  • Is there a way to make a default option for Autofilter? Closed

Hello, I have an excel sheet that I am trying to display 3 different tables on, but I want to make it so that I can filter the tables down to just ...

indydude71 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2013
    3 replies
  • Macro to add # of rows based on data in the sheet Closed

I am trying to make a guest list that will insert rows automatically and fill in some data. I can get the primary data from one worksheet (i.e. com...

ardale | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2013
    4 replies
  • EXCEL - Create a bulleted list in a single cell from a list Solved/Closed

Hello, I'd greatly appreciate some help with this: I'm trying to get a list of data in cell "D5" only from cells "A1:A10" that do have informat...

morocog | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2013
    3 replies
  • Excel Spreadsheet date comparison Closed

Hello, I am trying to compare 2 columns of data to determine if one date is prior to or after another date. (Is date in column A on, before, or aft...

JohnnyB3 | Latest reply: aquarelle Jun 12, 2013
    1 reply
  • return selected characters in an excel cell Closed

I have a alphanumerical number like the following: C297320 I need to return the last 3 digits of this number in a separate cell. Thus, I need...

luiyoo | Latest reply: aquarelle Jun 12, 2013
    1 reply
  • Have macro select range but exclude empty columns Closed

Hello, I have a worksheet in which a range gets copied and pasted into an email using a RangeToHTML function from Ron de Bruin's website: https:...

Pluggie | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 10, 2013
    1 reply
  • vba insert new cell to a dynamic range Closed

Hello, Hi, Could anyone plz help me to achieve what I need ? I want a code to insert and autofill a new cell to the range depending on what ...

tornado1981 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 10, 2013
    1 reply
  • Excel solution Closed

I have one Master Sheet, sheet1 in excel 2007 where I have entries of customer details from mixed cities Code ContactPerson Company Add1 ...

eexpert | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 10, 2013
    1 reply
  • Insert Rows according cells value in excel table Closed

Dear All, I need a Module that allowed me when I run it to add Rows down according upper cells Value for Example; Total Names 2 Sami 5 Rami ...

loftier | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 10, 2013
    1 reply
  • If there is value in one column then a $ generates in another Closed

Hi there, I am trying to create an excel formular where in Column G I have a drop down menu with either Long Hire or Single Hire as the options. W...

KiwiJess | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 10, 2013
    1 reply
  • Number to Words Closed

Dear Kioskes, Ex: 45,450.55, Forty five thousand four hundred and fifty & 55/100 only could please replay me

syed abdulra... | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 10, 2013
    5 replies
  • Adding 1 to an existing number if criteria is matched? Solved/Closed

In column A I have a set of initials and in column C I want a number that corresponds to the number of times the initials have appeared... Column ...

rshelton22 | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 8, 2013
    5 replies
  • Find the sum of data that has multiple conditions in Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a large data table, and I want to find the sum for certain data that fits a few criteria. Here is a simplified example: __a_____b__...

acohen12 | Latest reply: Kevin@Radstock Jun 7, 2013
    1 reply
  • Formula Closed

Hi, I need to create a formula for a whole team. It is based on the number of people in the office for each calendar month. The spreadsheet I have ...

Jenna3009 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 6, 2013
    2 replies