The discussions

Email function in excel

Hello, I have created a spreadsheet containing Clients, invoice numbers, Due date for payment, Date reminder has to be sent to the clients and fol...

1 reply Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro to name ranges

Hello, I have a spreadsheet which contains many DSUM criteria, and I would like to name each of the ranges so I can refer to them by name rather than ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Add up the values of duplicate cells

Solved

Hello, I am trying to sort out a problem in excel file. I have some duplicate strings in column C and there are some integer values in ...

2 replies Last reply on 19 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Office(excel) 2007 shortcut keys

Hello, Sir this is vivek, can anyone provide me shortcut keys for excel 2007. wud b vry gr8fl thx...Vivek Configuration: Windows XP / Saf...

1 reply Last reply on 18 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel - macro copy date for "n" month

Solved

Hello, Would you please help me to create a macro for generate Date schedule to Sheet2 It just like an installment schedule. Sheet1 Col ...

3 replies Last reply on 18 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Kindly help me on macros

Hi All, Kindly provide me a Macro for find and replace for an X no of dots in to a single / Example: manoj..............Kumar Rajesh..........

1 reply Last reply on 17 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Mapping jpeg name to excel database

Hello, I've got a folder with a number of jpeg pictures each named after employee names. i need to rename with full names (First Middle Last Name) ...

2 replies Last reply on 17 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro-to create 1 [.csv] using multiple excel

Greetings, I have more than one Excel Workbooks containing multiple worksheets in each of them. It would be a great help if some one provide me ...

9 replies Last reply on 16 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 vba if then offset

I have a sheet where the rows size varies and I am looking for code to lookup column F starting in row 3 to the bottom and if the cell has a "Q" then ...

3 replies Last reply on 15 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Internet connected but cannot browse?

Hello, well here's the background to my problem: I'm running xp sp3 on a dell inspiron 1300 and 4 years old, and yesterday it updated and ran a ...

4 replies Last reply on 15 May 2010 by
mrrigga

Remove value of "0" from blank excel cell

Hello, I need to set conditional formatting so if the number 0 - 999 is typed in a cell, the cell fill will be yellow. If the cell is blank, I need...

1 reply Last reply on 15 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel issue - how to return data from a list

Hello, I'm using Excel 2007 and I simply can't do what I need to and can't find an answer anywhere! I have a large table of approx 500,000 ...

7 replies Last reply on 14 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro for more than 3 conditional formats

Hello, I recently used the attached link to circumvent the limitation of excel's conditional formating (i.e. 3 conditions) and used the macro to exten...

1 reply Last reply on 14 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel every 25th row

Hello, I have over 7,000 rows and I need to find every 25th one and don't want to hand count. Is there a way to sort or is there a formula to find ...

rizvisa1

Excel urgent

hi. This is possiable? i have a, large amount of employee data .sometime some employee runaway,or after vacation not come back.in this case i want to...

rizvisa1

Insert multiple columns then copy data

I want a macro to insert varying number of columns then copy the corresponding data original data: ColumnA ColumnB Col...

rizvisa1

Excel - copy rows "n" times with calculation

Solved

I need to have a macro that will copy rows from sheet1 to sheet 2 . The catch is from sheet 1 col C for e.g. C2 may have the number 5 in it. I need to...

3 replies Last reply on 14 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel

Solved

hi i always make our employee salary in excel. this file is very big. every month I have to put only OVER TIME,WORKING DAY and ABSENT...and i make all...

5 replies Last reply on 13 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Can a macro add a number?

Solved

I am working on a excel project where I will be able to click a button and the result would be a number added on another cell. For example, counting a...

7 replies Last reply on 13 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Copy columns one below another

Solved

Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0 hi i have data in the following form a b c d 1 6 11 16 2 7 12 17 3 8 13 18 4 9 14 19 5 10 1...

7 replies Last reply on 13 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Combining 2 cells to 1

Solved

Hi, I have data like below in two column of excel sheet: 1-Jan | 2004 23-Jul| 2004 12-Feb|2003 ................ ......... Out out require...

2 replies Last reply on 13 May 2010 by
Shashi

Excel

Example : I have column A' where i am entering a number and this number (given by the user) has to be multiplied by 10 and the value/answer should app...

1 reply Last reply on 12 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Help excel: click & automatically copy paste

Solved

I need some help Let's say I have 5 different tabs named London, Paris,... Each tab contains different kind of information about the cities: popula...

rizvisa1

Macro to allow users to modify?

Can anyone please create a macro that will give access only to few users to allow modifying data in an excelsheet.

2 replies Last reply on 12 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Sorting and suming # in excel

Hello Everyone, I need your expertise in this. I want to do the following. In a list I input data consisting of Amounts, Expense Type, and Date...

rizvisa1

To read records from excel file and the limit

I am preparing the code to read the records from the excel worksheet and convert the .txt file of that worksheet.. If i run my program than a .txt fi...

rizvisa1

Ignoring blank cells

I have a formula along the lines of..... =IF((a1=b1),1,0) How can i get the formula to ignore blank cells? Configuration: Windows XP / Interne...

rizvisa1

Excel date and time issue

Hello All, I wanna subtract "12/05/10 08:29:25" from "12/05/10 08:48:31' . Please help me out. Thanks and Regards, Subramanyam T C, Bangalore.

1 reply Last reply on 11 May 2010 by
venkat1926

Search and replace macro for microsoft excel

Solved

I have two workbooks with identical setup. item name address 1 address 2 address 3 x 12 34...

3 replies Last reply on 11 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro formula for groups of numbers

I have strings of numbers in a column (n) I need help with a macro that will total the groups with the sum in column (o) right of the last row of the ...

rizvisa1

Copying specific data selection to new sheets

How can I select entire rows based on a specific value found in a column via a macro when the occurence of the specific value is variable? eg. My ...

rizvisa1

Macro to make upper case lettersto lower.....

Please design a macro that will make the Name copied and pasted in all upper case, for example (KATIE) in the cell A1, when I run the macro I want KAT...

6 replies Last reply on 11 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 vba #n/a lookup

I have a sheet receiving imported data and sometimes it does not come in correctly so I use Vlookup to verify it against the correct code as part of a...

rizvisa1

Hide rows in multiple sheets

Please help me If I have data in range A1:D35 in every sheet of the 20 active sheets, so I want to write a macro to hide all the rows that have a z...

rizvisa1

Excel - unique filtering

I have a two columns: Name and Amount. I want to apply a unique filter on the Name and retrieve the Sum of all the repeated Amounts. How do I do this...

rizvisa1

Add cells with other identical attributes

Solved

I'm looking to create a formula which can be copied into other cells that will add numbers in one column, where their attributes in another column are...

2 replies Last reply on 11 May 2010 by
armatt

[excel] pastlink

Hi , could someone please help me with this problem I have . I need to pastlink values from sheet 1 columns A1 and column B1 ,column A2 and column B...

rizvisa1

Help with excel data selection

Solved

I would like to take a worksheet and create new worksheets for each specific value in a column. for example, one of my columns is "customer". I want...

rizvisa1

Excel formula problem

Hi there, Was hoping some one out there could help me with an excel formula problem... I have a Table ---- A B C ...

8 replies Last reply on 10 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel formula help!!!!!!!

I am doing a spreadsheet for a fishing league and would like to know eg: f6 h6 ...

2 replies Last reply on 10 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 vba find last

Solved

I have a mutipage workbook where I am coping information from three sheets and consolidating the information to another sheet so I can export into a c...

1 reply Last reply on 10 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Combining data in excel 2007

I have a list of names on one worksheet (Sheet2). Doe, Jane Smith, Joe Hawthorn, Mya On a seperate tab in the same workbook I have another ...

rizvisa1

Excel copy cells based on condition

I have an Excel file with a list of contacts on the first sheet. This sheet is labeled "Master List". In column B of the Master List sheet I am putt...

rizvisa1

Macro to find a info in more than one column

Solved

Hi, I need a help to match values in a column from other two columns. I have two columns with some values on them. I have another column [t...

13 replies Last reply on 10 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel

hi... i am trying to do set formula one excel file to another file but it's not working.if i set formula same file but another sheet it's worked... i...

3 replies Last reply on 10 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel reset button

Hi all , I am using a form, inputting lots of data into many cells to get a quote, I wonder if there is a way of having a master reset button that ...

5 replies Last reply on 10 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Help me for the following problem(excel)

Dear All, I have an excel sheet which looks like following with the column header(part, Assembly,AVG) Part assembly AVG ...

rizvisa1

Excel 07 to excel 03?

Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 3.6 So I have multiple files I created on my new win7 os.... doing the work at home instead of at the job. N...

1 reply Last reply on 9 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Sorting dates using excel / vba

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6 Hello All, Just wondering if you can help me in writing VBA sorting logic for Date in asc or dsc order....

5 replies Last reply on 9 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel query

Hello, I have a query. Whenever I export a file from internet the data gets saved into a new excel file instead of the excel sheet I am working i...

10 replies Last reply on 9 May 2010 by
sunil
Results 5751 - 5800 out of a total of 7,061