Office Software Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 5251 - 5300 of about 16,600
  • Avoiding excel cropping text when next cell contains formula Closed

Hello, If you have empty cells to the right, text from a cell will float over the columns following. However, if you have a formula placing "empty...

Udi | Excel | Latest reply: Udi Dec 12, 2014
    0 replies
  • to check first letters of two columns are equal Closed

Hello, could you please tell me how to check whether first letters of two columns are equal

donaustin | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 11, 2014
    1 reply
  • how to auto copy Closed

Hello, My workbook contains about 1000 sales entries on sheet 1 . Some customers paid in full, but some other don`t. I will put a * beside the cus...

im stupid | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 11, 2014
    5 replies
  • What Type does it want? (VBA question) Solved/Closed

Hello, So I have a pull-down list in Excel 2003 that is an expanded version of this: 011 012 01T 111 If I type in the cell (rather than ...

InsertNickna... | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 11, 2014
    3 replies
  • comparing two columns Closed

I have two columns both of which contain list of names.i want to get the output as true if the names are somewhat similar eg dane john and dwayne john...

donaustin | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 11, 2014
    4 replies
  • Auto Hide Rows & Columns Closed

Hello, i have a worksheet with many formulas in it. i use bellow code for auto hide rows and columns when a a cell in that column or row is 0 or e...

mathewmunna | Excel | Latest reply: mathewmunna Dec 11, 2014
    0 replies
  • copy info from one excel sheet to another sheet Closed

I have sheet 1 that i call "FORM" that I enter information into. I would like to create a macro to copy the info that i put on the FORM onto sheet 2 "...

sstanger | Excel | Latest reply: sstanger Dec 10, 2014
    0 replies
  • Excel Macro to Create a Workbook for Each Change in Column A Closed

Hello everyone. I love forums like this where the community helps one another and solve real life problems faced by real users. I would very much ...

RodExcel | Excel | Latest reply: RodExcel Dec 9, 2014
    0 replies
  • fix the last date Closed

Hello, my target is 3900 but daily target is 50, how to fix last date for closing of my target. please define formula with examples Configurati...

srinivas | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 9, 2014
    1 reply
  • Conditional formatting??? Closed

Hello, If I enter 1 in a particular cell, I want that cell and the next cell in the row changes to certain colour fill (ex. G5=1, then G5, H5)... ...

Ash | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 9, 2014
    1 reply
  • VBA programming, copy wks from one file to another Closed

Hi, I am struggling with the code to copy each sheet in workbook1 to workbook2) Dim NewWorkbook As Workbook Dim Wks As Worksheet Dim wb1 As Work...

MisterTS | Excel | Latest reply: MisterTS Dec 8, 2014
    0 replies
  • How do you bring text from one cell down to another cell based o Closed

Hello, I need to make a cell auto-populate (bring content down from another cell range) based on the content result of any cell in an entire colum...

• Conditional Formatting to hide 00:00 in column Solved/Closed

Hello, I would be very grateful if there is somebody who could help me find the solution to what is most likely a simple problem. I don't have a grea...

sharky9000 | Excel | Latest reply: Sharky9000 Dec 8, 2014
    4 replies
  • ames Closed

Hello, my password will not let me login in its saying invalid Configuration: Windows / Mozilla 11.0

ames | Word | Latest reply: ames Dec 8, 2014
    0 replies
  • coping & pasting data in first blank cell in same worksheet Closed

Hello, I would like the vba code for a macro ( using a form button) that copies data from cell:M1 to A13:A30 depending on which is the first blan...

Jim | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • Conditional Formatting based on Checkbox Closed

Hi, I've been trying to conditionally format a merged cell by what happens to a checkbox. If my checkbox is blank and the control cell in B16 is "...

EClem | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 8, 2014
    1 reply
  • help me on this formula to shorten Solved/Closed

Hello, i have 2 formulas tick mark automatically on worksheet.. please help me if further it can be shortened.. i want to know if J1 K1 L1 can sho...

mathewmunna | Excel | Latest reply: mathewmunna Dec 6, 2014
    5 replies
  • conditional format problem Closed

I have 3 columns Column A start time (hh:mm) Column B finish time (hh:mm) Column C is total Time (hh:mm) where C is (24-A1)+B1 etc How can I hide the...

sharky9000 | Excel | Latest reply: sharky9000 Dec 6, 2014
    0 replies
  • How to copy data from one spreadsheet to all others Closed

Please, does anyone have a macro to copy data from a specific range on a standard sheet (ideally with formatting) to all but one other sheet active in...

LEJN | Excel | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Dec 6, 2014
    3 replies
  • Copy data based upon cell value Closed

Hello, Need help on copying data from file1.xlsx into multiple .xlsx file based upon column G values. The file1.xlsx contains... Column F Column...

ShailShin | Excel | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Dec 6, 2014
    6 replies
  • Macro to insert pictures using 2011 excell Closed

Hello, im trying to make a prototype for a POS that insert images into the invoicing system. for the most part i have this functional, but the boss ...

Sean | Excel | Latest reply: Sean Dec 6, 2014
    0 replies
  • Excel Macro for copy row to another workbook. Closed

Hello, New-ish to excel and I'm helping improve systems at the work place. The issue is I want to be able to copy a row. e.g. | New | 12345...

orchslayer | Excel | Latest reply: vcoolio Dec 5, 2014
    1 reply
  • Prefix 0 to all records in a column Solved/Closed

Hello, I want to prefix 0(zero) to all records in a particular column of an excel sheet.Please let me know how to do it. Thanks for your time, Mano...

• Transpose Column to Row Closed

Hi All, I have list of data need to transpose as below. Anyone can help with the macro? Thank you. From Material Des ww1 ww2 A Q 1 4 B E 2 ...

allykoh | Excel | Latest reply: allykoh Dec 5, 2014
    0 replies
  • Excel Picture Inserting Macro Help - Urgent Solved/Closed

Dear Rizvisa, please consider this little urgent and be kind to help me please I m trying to insert picture in excel column using macro which ta...

nadimn | Excel | Latest reply: jackcluseau Dec 4, 2014
    25 replies
  • date formats Closed

Hello, friends... i have problem in the date formats i have an excel sheet with data i am trying to filter by date 01/12/1999 this is the dat...

vijay | Excel | Latest reply: vijay Dec 4, 2014
    0 replies
  • Create a formula in excel to scan workbook and move to new one Closed

I want to know how to create a formula that scans all of column A only for duplicate data and if found than in a new worksheet copy the entire first r...

mario | Excel | Latest reply: mario Dec 4, 2014
    0 replies
  • Change of password security notification Closed

I established an @ live.com email account for a non-profit for which I volunteered. I will no longer be addressing the correspondence from this email...

bmsinct | Outlook | Latest reply: xpcman Dec 4, 2014
    1 reply
  • Conditional Formatting on Excel 2010 Closed

Hi, I am trying to figure out the correct method in which to apply a formula in conditional formatting. The first row contain the document names....

Clue J | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 4, 2014
    1 reply
  • how autofill data from sheet1 to sheet2 in different order. Closed

When we type numbers in any sequence in sheet1 but they out come countinusely in sorting sequence in sheet2

nrchampak ka... | Excel | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 4, 2014
    1 reply
  • Populating a column of data based on drop down selection Closed

Hello, I am trying to populate a column with data from a seperate sheet based on a selection from a drop-down list. The drop list and the desire...

pMazz | Excel | Latest reply: pMazz Dec 4, 2014
    0 replies
  • Making a table based on cell value. hide row. conditional format Closed

Hello, This is for a machinery quotation, based on model type and specifications I have a sheet in which cell B2 has a drop down menu listing 4...

belseat | Excel | Latest reply: belseat Dec 4, 2014
    0 replies
  • Multi percentage Calculation Closed

Hi all, Good day!! Need help in Excel formulas. I'm creating a workbook to counting a value in multi percentage and multi level. Here I attac...

Winndixie | Excel | Latest reply: Winndixie Dec 4, 2014
    4 replies
  • If dates range Closed

Hello, I need help for a function. Lets say that we have the today date 4/12/2014. I need a formula to use in conditional formatting. If the da...

Natassa | Excel | Latest reply: Natassa Dec 4, 2014
    0 replies
  • How to count different charecters Solved/Closed

Hello, Please help me to count different charecters like xpa, spa, spb xpb.. if any of this exist in the cell it should count. if xpa is in A1 spa...

mathewmunna | Excel | Latest reply: mathewmunna Dec 4, 2014
    5 replies
  • Date if statments Closed

Hello, I have a if statement that I need help writing. I have a today date cell and I have closed date. I am trying to make the new cell check i...

eric | Excel | Latest reply: eric Dec 3, 2014
    0 replies
  • pdf files into source safe seems to corrupt them Closed

I have about 40 pdf files, that are accessed and viewed by the application. I am having a problem. Basically adobe reader displays a blank document. ...

niklhennings | PDF | Latest reply: Ambucias Dec 2, 2014
    1 reply
  • Check if input number is minimum and display a pop up dialogue Closed

Hi, I am novice VBA developer. I am trying to write a macro which does following. 1.When a user enter a particular value into cell 2.Check if ...

mmk622 | Excel | Latest reply: Murali Dec 2, 2014
    2 replies
  • change date format Closed

Hello, Change date format dd.mm.yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy for excel 2007

tariq | Excel | Latest reply: ac3mark Dec 2, 2014
    1 reply
  • for progress billing Closed

Hello, how can i automatically know the percentage area of a accomplished tiles by simply counting the tiles Configuration: Windows / Chrome 3...

peter | Excel | Latest reply: ac3mark Dec 2, 2014
    1 reply
  • compare two excel sheets and get unique value from both into new Closed

Hi, I have two excel sheets. Sheet 1 with 4 columns and sheet 2 with 2 columns. I need to compare column 1 of sheet1 with column 1 of sheet 2 if it m...

Madhu | Excel | Latest reply: Madhu Dec 2, 2014
    0 replies
  • Help. Recover deleted in the MDB (Access2003). is it possible? Closed

Today I foolishly put things in order, "cleaned up" entry in the table in the database Access97 (mdb file). These data are for my work is very importa...

jonker87 | Office Software | Latest reply: jonker87 Dec 1, 2014
    0 replies
  • How can I transfer data from one spread sheet to another? Solved/Closed

Hi, I'm working in excel and on one spreadsheet and I'm having to retype everything on to another spread sheet, I want to be able to have my data ...

elizatex | Excel | Latest reply: elizatex23 Nov 30, 2014
    5 replies
  • Finding data in different Excel sheets with month-sort by VBA? Closed

Hello, I have 2 workbooks named DB1 and DB2.The first one involves 12 sheets sorted by months names for example:"Apr-14" ,each sheet contains a tabl...

polarstorm | Excel | Latest reply: polarstorm Nov 29, 2014
    2 replies
  • automatically moving rows from sheet 1 to sheet 2 Closed

My document has several sheets, but what I'd like to do is create a VBA to automatically move a row to sheet 1 from sheet 2 when I have selected 'Acti...

spreadlove1 | Excel | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 29, 2014
    1 reply
  • Repair Corrupt Excel File Closed

I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is huge. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Has an...

demetripan | Excel | Latest reply: alvarsson52 Nov 29, 2014
    1 reply
  • Data validation Closed

I want a sheet of income tax calculation, so i like a input a cell pan no. so allow in cell LENTH 10 DIGIT AND first five text and mid four number and...

ranwavijay | Excel | Latest reply: ranwavijay Nov 28, 2014
    0 replies
  • 2 macros in one sheet targeting same cells Solved/Closed

This is probably a really 'newbie' question but in all honesty, I'm new to macros and need some assistance. I have a macro written to automatically...

chester4207 | Excel | Latest reply: chester4207 Nov 28, 2014
    2 replies
  • Lock Flag ignored:How is this possible? Closed

Hello, Cells C4 and D4 are empty cells, and both are locked in Format Cells->Protection-> Locked. I go to Tools-> Protection-> Protect Workshee...

SomeGuy | Excel | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Nov 28, 2014
    1 reply
  • corrupt 'msmMMOB.mdb' file Closed

In the process of cleaning up my harddrive, some files have been shuffled between OMFI MediaFile folders. Upon startup, Avid rescans the folders, how...

corycole927 | Office Software | Latest reply: corycole927 Nov 28, 2014
    0 replies