Many videoconferencing and online screen sharing tools now offer an attractive alternative to Skype, in order facilitate work with remote staff. Delivered as Software as a service (SaaS) and accessible via a simple web browser, they cover many communication needs for small/medium businesses.
Here's a short presentation of 15 best video-conferencing and screen sharing services:
Videoconferencing and screen sharing tools: some pratical applications
- Presentation of balance sheets (eg financial)
- Organization of free and paid webinars
- Meetings and distance learning
- Customer relations: dialogue with customers/prospects
- E-learning - Training
Some free services
Anymeeting is a video-conferencing and screen sharing tool, that allows up to 200 participants (attending a presentation) in its free version.
- Note that: Ads will be displayed in free version. To avoid this, Anymeeting is also available in paid version ($ 17.99/month for 25 participants, $ 69.99/month for 200 participants).
- It also supports the Facebook API for rapid creation of an account.
Anymeeting allows you to:
- To organize paid webinars: the host can, via his account, plan the date, time and price of the Web conference. A PayPal module allows participants to enroll and then they are automatically added to the list of participants (e-ticketing service).
- To share their screen selectively, choosing the display of a specific application.
- Establish dialogue with participants and get their feedback in real time: they can send notifications to the host via a chat module/update status.
Other features of Anymeeting:.
- Videoconferencing (VoIP).
- Survey module.
- Record lectures and view them later.
- Integration with Twitter and Facebook to facilitate the promotion of public lectures
The advantage of this tool is that it's easy to use: it is accessible without registration and for free, and allows you to organize web conferences for up to 250 participants. The user simply have to download an executable file, which provides a URL where participants can join the conference.
The free version offers:
- A call module (VoIP, audio only) and a messaging module
- Online screen sharing.
- File sharing.
- iPhone and Android apps for mobile users
Mostly suited to small workgroups, Google Plus allows you to open videoconferencing and chat session with multiple users , within one or more "Circles".
- This service also integrates with Google Docs. Users participating in the videoconference are allowed to perform real-time modifications to documents.
Premium services for Professionals
iLinc is a suite of communication services for web conferences. The offers is available in three modules and can be adapted to your specific needs: virtual meetings (up to 25 participants), e-learning (virtual classroom), webinars (up to 1000 participants).
- These three services can be combined into a single package, available for $ 103/month over one year.
This Video and Audio Conferencing tool, enables professionals to take part in conferences from any type of terminal, share documents and collaborate in real time.
- Content can be shared in HD (documents and videos, graphics etc..)
- Support for more than 10 participants
- Interoperability with a wide range of devices used by participants for videoconferencing purposes: laptops, PCs and smartphones (Android, iOS, BlackBerry).
- Price: the basic formula (29 $/month) supports up to 25 participants, call functionality for audio conferencing participants.
Discover Fuze Meeting
This service combines an online collaboration too, and audio conferencing service. It allows professionals to share and co-edit documents simultaneously online.
- The basic offer is at $19.95/month for 25 participants, with a limited number of calls.
Other premium services
Published by jak58
Latest update on July 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM by jak58.