Each time you open a new tab page on Google Chrome, 8 tiles representing your most viewed pages will be displayed. For some users this new feature represent a serious privacy issue as tiles can display the latest Facebook profile or Youtube videos viewed...etc
For now Google Chrome doesn't offer any option to disable the Most viewed tiles feature, but you can always delete the tiles you don't want to be displayed.
The procedure is as follows:
- Open a New Tab page.
- Mouse over the tile of your choice.
- A small X button shall appear.
To restore the "New Tab page" of Google Chrome to its previous behaviour, follow the below procedure:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type the following in the address bar: chrome://flags/
- Scroll to "Enable Instant Extented API".
- Disable this feature.
- Click on Relaunch.
- The previous "New Tab" behaviour shall be restored.
- If you accidentally close a tab on Google Chrome, press Control+Shift+T and it will get it back.
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 19, 2013 at 07:05 PM by MrIstar.