How to lock access to Google Chrome (Disable Guest Browsing)
Here's how to prevent unauthorized persons from using Google Chrome on your PC. In other terms we will disable guest browsing, allowing only specific users to gain access to Google Chrome.
- Set your Google Chrome profiles.
- Turn off Guest Browsing.
Step 1 - Set up your Google Profiles
Learn more about managing Google Chrome profiles here: Google Chrome - Manage multiple profiles
Step 2 - Disable Guest Browsing
- Open Google Chrome and sign-in using your main account.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome menu > Settings.
- Scroll to the people section and clear the Enable Guest browsing checkbox.
- If you are the only administrator, you can also clear the Let anyone add a person to Chrome checkbox.
Step 3 - Lock Google Chrome
To lock Google Chrome at the end of your browsing session:
- Click on the avatar menu (top-right corner) > Exit and child lock.
- That's it, access to Google Chrome is locked, if you try to open it the following menu is displayed:
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 18, 2016 at 05:27 PM by owilson.