If you are connected to the internet but are experiencing difficulty when attempting to load your browser pages, fear not. This is a very common problem that can be fixed with some simple tweaks to your internet preferences.
Internet Connected but Pages Won't Load
Before making any changes to your internet settings, check to see if you are currently working in offline mode. If so, simply switching off this feature should restore your internet browsing session to normal.
Right-click on your Internet Explorer icon, and click Properties. Then go to your Connections tab.
Click on the LAN settings button. In that window, uncheck any and all options that are currently selected.
You can also try resetting Internet Explorer to default options:
- Click Tools Tab
- Click Internet Options at bottom
- Click Advanced Tab on far right
- Click Reset near bottom
- Click Ok and Close Internet Explorer
- Restart Internet Explorer
Launch your Firefox browser. Click on Tools > Options > Advanced.
- Next, go to Network > Settings.
- In your Settings, select the option that reads No proxy.
- Click on OK to save your settings.
If the problem persists, we recommend temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus to restore your internet pages. You may enable them once your browsing session is complete.
Reset The Internet Protocol
In Windows, use the following steps to completely reset the Internet Protocol:
- Click Start, then Run
- Type cmd and select Ok
- In the Command Box Type:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
- Hit the Enter Key
- Restart the computer and try to login and browse the Internet. If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
- Click Start, then Run
and click Ok
- In Black Command Box Type:
netsh winsock reset
, then enter
- Finally, restart your computer
Image: © Austin Distel - Unsplash.com
- Internet connected but browser not working windows 10
- Internet connected but browser not working - Best answers
- Windows 10 browsers not working - Best answers
- Internet connected but browser not working windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Google Chrome
- I have internet but browsers won't work ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Browsers can't connect to websites ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Internet connected but browser not working windows xp ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Connect but can not access the internet? HELP ✓ - Forum - Network