Suggested users is a useful feature of Instagram for people looking for similar content, pages and users to follow. However, sometimes, it can be very annoying to always see your ex, boss or someone else as a suggested user on the top of the list. Luckily, there is a solution: you can delete suggested users on Instagram and not be bothered anymore. There is also a trick on how to delete your profile from other users’ suggestions. Read this article to discover both methods.
How to Delete Suggested Pages and Users
1. Go to Instagram
web version via your computer, tablet or smartphone and sign in to your account.
2. Scroll down through your feed until you reach a horizontal list of “Suggested For You”
3. When you detect a user you don’t want to see in suggestions anymore, click on the X
button next to the profile on the top right.
4. To delete more users from the list, click on See All
and select X
next to other users you wish not to see as suggestions.
Note: Be sure that you really don’t want to see the user you wish to delete from the suggestions because this process is irreversible.
How to Avoid Being Suggested to Other Users
If you’d like to keep your account more private (even if it’s public) and not be suggested to other users, you can simply disable the option.
1. Go to Instagram (mobile app or desktop version) and sign in to your account
2. Click on your profile picture
icon and select Profile
3. Next, go to Edit Profile
and at the bottom of the page uncheck the Similar Account Suggestions
tab. Finally, click Submit
Photo: Kate Torline – Unsplash.com