Google Chrome has numerous advantages, for example, its engine is based on WebKit, a powerful open source framework that is also the basis of the Safari browser. It is a hugely popular web browser and is renowned for its speed of loading and opening web pages. Furthermore, if you associate a Google account with it, you can synchronize your browser settings, as well as your bookmarks, histories and open tabs, on all the computers where you install Chrome.
- You can customize Google Chrome to best suit your preferences.
- The extensions and apps that you can install from the Web Store add features that enhance the web experience.
- It also comes with its own security system, which protects you from potentially dangerous pages.
- It provides you with maximum privacy, since Google Chrome also offers "Incognito Mode", a way of browsing that does not save any of the sites you visit or content you view, does not save your browsing history, nor does it store cookies and images, so it leaves no traces on your hard drive.
Is Chrome Better On Windows?
Chrome isn't any better or worse on a Mac than on a Windows PC. Typically Chrome uses quite a lot of resources to run and can cause your Mac to heat up, but this is the case for Windows PCs as well.
Is Google Chrome Free for Mac?
Yes, Google Chrome is free to download and use for Mac.
Is Google Chrome Safe?
To ensure users privacy, there is an Incognito Mode. When your active Google Chrome private window closes, all cookies and history from that session will be removed. Google Chrome also has built in malware and phishing protection. Before you enter a suspicious site you will be notified with a warning.
Google Chrome System Requirements
To use Chrome Browser on Mac, you'll need:
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later
Google Chrome Mac is also available on Windows
, and iPhone