Sometimes the HP laptop built-in webcam does not work
. Most likely, it is not a hardware problem unless the built-in camera is broken. With most laptop computers,it is a problem with the webcam configuration or a device driver problem. To solve HP laptop built-in webcam configuration
problem, check the settings of the webcam. If it is a HP laptop built-in webcam device driver problem
, download the latest webcam drivers from the internet and install the new device drivers. First, uninstall the older device drivers and then install the latest device drivers.
It has become common for HP Pavilion laptop users to face major problems with their built in webcams. This can be either due to a configuration problem or a problem with your driver.
For Windows Vista/XP users
If you are using a Windows Vista operating system, this is what you can do:
- 1. Ensure that you are connected to the Internet and that you know the model number of your laptop
- 2. Connect to the HP website on this link: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/...
- 3. After selecting your laptop model, click on Software & Drivers Downloads
- 4. Select your operating system
- 5. Choose the software update file that you need and follow the instructions
Here are some additional steps you can take to try to solve the problem:
- Open the Device manager
- Go to WEBCAM (HP Webcam)
- Go to the Driver tab
- Uninstall the driver
- Restart when prompted
- When the machine is turned on, the driver will be reinstalled and your camera should be running smoothly