The discussions

Changing my ram

Hello, im just trying to upgrade my ram. i have an existing 512mb ram and now im trying to put a 1gb ram next to it but when i plug it into the sock...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Oct 2008 by
xpcman

No graphics on laptop

Hey there, I have noticed that whenever a software designed for xp is installed on vista the latter will tend to lose its graphics like the other day...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Oct 2008 by
xpcman

Downloading to external hard drive, and then

Hello, I need some help with a ext hard drive. I have never used one and I am d/L my files and everything else onto to drive, but I want to be able t...

xpcman

Flashing a bios

Hey guys can you tell me whether flashing a bios is recommended or not please? Also if the bios is not well flashed what is the negative effect? Will ...

xpcman

Cant see anything before restart

Hey there, Encounting some problems with my pc those days. Sometimes when I switch it on I would get only the green light on but the red would not an...

ebuddy4445

Lights dimmed and computer went out!!

Hello, A few months ago during a storm my computer quit. Wouldnt power up, I tried a new power box and that didnt work. The computer was already 3yrs...

6 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2008 by
Jay

I just can't figure it out.

Hello, I have windows XP, and I am having trouble getting into my BIOS. I do not have any trouble logging into XP itself just the BIOS. It freezes ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Oct 2008 by
xpcman

Hard drive, no data external usb

Hello, I have a hard drive that I have connected externally to a system. The drive was working ok, but there was some issue with permissions. I reset...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Oct 2008 by
victorcab

Water on laptop keyboard

Hello, Some water was spilt on my friend's Toshiba laptop keyboard (on the left hand side; Shift, Ctrl, Fn, Home and Alt buttons) then the keyboard d...

xpcman

Moved to new diskdrive, won't recog software

Hello, I recently got a new diskdrive and moved Photoshop to it. Now, when I click on a picture, it will not pull it up in Photoshop. When I try to b...

xpcman

Partition my hdd

hi buddies i have actually a 320gb hard disk and windows xp installed i wanted to know if its possible to partition the hard disk without having to fo...

xpcman

Disc won't work

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire M1610 and when I put in a disc nothing happens. Is there something else I need to do. I have Windows Vista. I don't...

xpcman

Blank screen

Hello, I have an HP laptop that the screen will not turn on. The lights and the fan come on and that's it. Please help, I have stuff on there for...

xpcman

Help i am thick!!!

Hello, I recently removed my old mother board, cpu and memory from my computer and completely fitted a new one, I just thought it was a plain and sim...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2008 by
Aaron A.

No signal no beep

Hello, somefing happend to my computer my pc powers on i get no signal and i dont get a beep sound when it starts iv opend da computer took the ra...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Oct 2008 by
kieferschild

Hard disk problem(its urgent)

Hello, There is 5 partion in my hard disk, C,E,F are opened.but when i opened D there is no file inside and properties showing 124 GB but m...

manish

New graphics card

Hey there, just got a new pc for my birthday and now i wanted to change the graphics card integrated in there and i wanted to know if that is possible...

Chris Needler

Nothing on the screen

Hello can anyone help me here? My problem is that when I switched on my computer this morning only the no signal on the screen can be seen and i think...

OWEN LETHABO

Hardisk

Hello,

OWEN LETHABO

Cd drive problem

Hello, I want to upgrade my friends old CD drive and I replace it with one of my other spare ones (that has been use in anther computer before) corre...

OWEN LETHABO

200 watt power unit

Hello, I have an older 200 watt power unit out of a dell and want to use it for other 12 volt purposes . How can I get it to run without the tower?

1 reply Last reply on 5 Oct 2008 by
xpcman

Psu question

Hello, actually i have a very strange question in my mind. can anyone tell me whether a 20 pins psu would suite in a 24 pins motherboard? i guess t...

xpcman

Power supply not compatible

Hi, Got a new motherboard for my birthday and on this one I can see that for the psu I have only 20pins and this motherboard requires 24pins can anyo...

xpcman

My dvd rom nor my hard disk isnt working

Hey there, My motherboard isn't detecting any hard disk nor dvd rom. Ive put a new dvd rom in there and since then it won't detect the hard...

xpcman

Shut down

Hello, my computer shuts down by itself.This started few weeks after i replaced my motherboard .once computer shuts down i have some trouble getting ...

hinoak

Overclocking fails

Hi, I cant seem to be able to overclock my computer past 2.3 ghz at 1.33volts does anyone have any tip? Im currently using amd 3800 with 667rams.

vectron3443

New bios for my pc

Hello, Ive just downloaded a new bios for my computer and now what must I do with the rar file? Di I burn it right as it is on a cd or must I extract...

usbdealz

Does it support ati crossfire

Hey there, Can anyone help me in this issue please? ASUS P5Q Pro ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 2PCI-E16 CrossFire 3PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN eSATA Motherbo...

nike.rebirth

Upgraded my mb and now doesnt working

Hello, I just upgraded my motherboard from asus p5gcmx to asus p5w dh deluxe and now when windows starts the loading bar will just go by for about 10...

jmp59

Running two cpus together

Hey there, Just asking if I need to run two motherboards if I want to run two cpu intel quad core nehalems?

naomie101

Is it compatible?

Hi, I was wondering if I can change my actual intel p d 930 to the newer intel core 2 duo e8400 lga 775 3ghz 6mb cache memory dual core processor wit...

jmp59

Spekaer problem

Hello, Dear I had installed the windowXP on my P4 intel PC . But after that my speaker is not working. I intallled/reinstalled the sound driver ...

kailashpon

Hard drive problem

Hello, no external hardrive is detected on my pc .My pen drives are detected and work fine with it. the light glows on the hardrive but its not show...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Oct 2008 by
ris

Sound

Hello,can anyone help get my sound back on my computer it was working fine tikll i loaded windows xp i have packard bell istart 1379 motherboard is rc...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Oct 2008 by
jmp59

Processor over heated

Hey, So this morning was working fine with my pc when it suddenly switched off. When I start it on again it tells me that my processor is overheated ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Oct 2008 by
xpcman

Problem with my hard drive

Hello, I have a 20 gigabyte hard disk and as a back up I told myself that a 40gigabyte which my brother gave me would suite me and so he formatted it...

X

Learn more about how laptop operate

Hello, I want to know about how laptop operate?with cable,screen and motherboard?and the operating system? thank you.

giotozor

Ma portable hard disk ix fukd up

Hello, im using 160 GB hard disk, well i used it about 3 months but now its dead...if i insert it dhen computer ix restarting automatically.....hel...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Oct 2008 by
shifax

Pc doesnt want to start

Hello, well yesterday i get a message on my pc that i low of memory i restarted my pc and this morning when i switch it on nothing can be seen on t...

3 replies Last reply on 4 Oct 2008 by
GeorgeRattel

Wd book doesnt registrer

Hello, When I connect my WB 500 GB Book external hd it suddenly stopped being registrered on the My Computer entry. It is recognized as an arrow on t...

nike.rebirth

Black screen

Hi, Iv just put a PC 2 getha with bits of some old 1's from school and have finally got all pieces however, when I turn it on (bearing in mind that...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Oct 2008 by
Joe

Usb devices not detected

Hello, my usb devices arent being detected and the only thing it detects is my printer anyone has the solution to my problem please?

Anusha

How to boot from usb flash drive

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and wanted to boot from a USB flash drive since my CD drive is not working. Any suggestion please. Thanks

1 reply Last reply on 3 Oct 2008 by
LAOUINI39

Upgrade ddr3

Hello, i want to upgrade my pc and actually i have ddr2 as memory modules and an intel core2duo and its only the memory modules that i want to upgr...

shanky887614

Hard disk

Hey there, Recently my hard disk is telling me that I have an unmountable boot device error anyone has the solution to it ?

usbdealz

Celeron processor

hello, I have actually a laptop with a Celeron processor and I wanted to know if its possible to overclock the processor?

kickeffel

Motherboard psu pins

Hello, Got a new motherboard for my birthday and on this one I can see that for the psu I have only 20pins and this motherboard requires 24pins can...

limbsis

Difference between these 2 models

Hey there, Wanted to change the casing of my pc but what I can see there is two models one which is standard atx and the other which is atx can anyon...

fretopde

Support motherboard ati 4870 crossfire

Hey there, Can anyone help me in this issue please? ASUS P5Q Pro ATX LGA775 P45 DDR2 2PCI-E16 CrossFire 3PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN eSATA Motherbo...

andygrt.cz

Bios not detecting hardisk

Hey there, My motherboard isn't detecting any hard disk nor dvd rom. Ive put a new dvd rom in there and since then it won't detect the hard...

givemepsc
Results 33351 - 33400 out of a total of 33,786