The discussions

I want to change the language of my os

Hello, Sir my Acer laptop was bought from Italy. Its OS is Windows 7. But the language is Italian. I went to the control pannel and tried to chan...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Dec 2011 by
Kamrul08

Os problen

Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 4.0Compaq cq42 A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Dec 2011 by
pcsces

Intslling xp on laptop dell n5010

Hello, So i saw the post how to install the xp windows on dell n5010 and i tryed... i downloaded the sata drivers i integrated them using nlite i ...

10 replies Last reply on 22 Dec 2011 by
Lionyop

Screen blank.no task bar or i-cons.

Hello, upon start up I only have a blank page.No task bar at the bottom.I pressed ctrl+alt+del.The cursor shows the hour glass and then goes back to w...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Dec 2011 by
xpcman

How to make partition for laptop

Solved

Hello, i am using toshiba satellite L310. can you tell me how to make partition because i'm only have drive c. thanks

3 replies Last reply on 21 Dec 2011 by
mariam

Certificate errors

Solved

Hello, i just wanted to thank you for helping me solve my certificate error message. been on the phone to sky for half an hour ,spent hours loo...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Dec 2011 by
Ambucias

All programs say "choose file to open"

Solved/Closed

Hello, I've recently got a virus in my Dell laptop. My sister has cleared the virus (since it's her laptop), everytime I open a program (eg. Google ...

14 replies Last reply on 20 Dec 2011 by
bubba

Gateway vista recovery problem

Hello, Trying to recover hidden partition on a Gateway M1625. C Drive has been formatted however the Recovery drive is intact. I can hook up to my des...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Dec 2011 by
xpcman

Hard disk not detected

Hello, I use a samsung R60plus. while i was working on it froze and could not boot and there is a lot of info on it. The hdd is not detected #1. I...

xpcman

Unable to open regedit from run

Hello, I am using Windows Xp and I get a windows error saying *windows cannot find regedit * while opening regedit from run . I am unable to o...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Lost icons, startmenu, taskmanager. win 7 64

Hi all please can someone help?. I am running win 7 64bit and all of a sudden all my desktop icons disappeared along with my start menu and my right ...

Anonymous User

Reinstalled windows xp and lost video card??

Closed

Hello, I reinstalled windows xp and lost my video card, i dont know which one i should download...I dont know much about computers so i might need...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Dec 2011 by
pcsces

Windows xp not shutting down

Hello, when i shut down my computer the desktop screen is still there with no icons please help me!!!

2 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

No icons, no task manager

Solved

Greetings and thank you. Last night my computer froze, cursor frozen, and manual shutdown would not work, so I pushed ctl+alt+delete. The result was t...

11 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Dm partition lost data...how to recover

Hello, Sir, I have mistakenly formatted my Hard Disk and make new Partitions. Now, I have lost all my Data which is very necessary for me. So, Ple...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Dec 2011 by
xpcman

Wd passport 500gb not recognized any more

Solved/Closed

Hello, i bought wd passport 500gb and use for more then 3 months... inside my passport I have put everything about my office files.. now when I con...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Dec 2011 by
raikul

<windows root> system32\ntoskrnl.exe missing

Hello, When i boot up window xp i get a error message that it says System32\NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.i tried a lot of method like...

Anonymous User

Error while restoring toshiba satelitte

Closed

I was in the process of having my Toshiba reverting to factory default when it opened an error window when it was supposed to be restoring it's files ...

pcsces

How do i restore my toshiba satellite

Hello, i am have alot of trouble with my toshiba satellite . i know that some where in my laptop there is a way to restore it with out the disk but i ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Help! error "this file does not has a program

Hello, "when downloading flash player after klicking "finish" i get a error telling me that "this file does not has a program associated with it to...

Anonymous User

Cmd command to close a folder like c:\windows

Hello, I would like to close a folder through cmd command taskkill not working please help me out I would like to close c:\windows\fonts T...

Ambucias

Display issues

Hello, My daughter was playing games on my laptop last night and the game changed my display settings. Usually it will change back but it froze in t...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Dec 2011 by
Ambucias

Programes will open none

Please help Guys None of my programes will open NONE at all PLEASE HELP

1 reply Last reply on 14 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Matshinta dvd-ram uj840s not able to burndvds

Hello, My HP pavilion DV1743tu laptop is able to read all medial but when I burn a CD/DVD it goes through all the process and after 25% it comes to...

4 replies Last reply on 14 Dec 2011 by
rtrsmarian

Win xp system loading problem

Solved

Hello, I'm having a problem with my pc. I turned my pc on and received a message about data compactness test or sth like that. I usually skip this tes...

5 replies Last reply on 14 Dec 2011 by
Ambucias

Tim

Closed

Hello, Every time i try to watch a you tube video clip i get to the stage of the video then it stops, it freezes, it come up my windows script error &...

bionik

No start button or icons,cnt+alt+del nothing

Closed

My computer froze and manual shutdown wouldn't work, so I pressed CNT+ALT+DEL. The result was that my start button and all other icons disappeared. Wh...

Ambucias

Cannot get my toshiba satellite to start up

Closed

last night, right after i got out of the shower i grabbed my laptop and tried to read some post on some website, but everywhere i clicked, it would hi...

aquarelle

Can you please tell me how to repair firewall

can you please tell me how to repair firewall in windows xp service pack 3 i will be really grateful to you Configuration: Windows XP / Interne...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Dec 2011 by
Ambucias

Can i copy message to laptop

Hello, hi..how to make message and call from mobile copy to laptop, so if i have message from mobile if i delete but the message can copy to lap...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Dec 2011 by
vice

I dont no how to write bootable cd for win xp

Hello, please tell me how to booting the windows xp cd Configuration: Windows 7 / Safari 535.2

2 replies Last reply on 13 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Windows xp & windows 7 graphics drivers

Hello Experts, My new Laptop, Toshiba Satellite-L755/D A6 vision AMD Radeon graphics, I need This laptop Windows XP & windows 7 Graphics drivers ...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Dec 2011 by
xpcman

How can i install a program without permissio

Solved

Hello, How can I install a program without requesting for windows's administrator password. If I want to install programm on another window...

8 replies Last reply on 12 Dec 2011 by
Ambucias

Unable to change the checked value

Hello, I am unable to change the checked value to 1 at "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\advanced\hidden\SHOWALL" Even af...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Dec 2011 by
Nic

Lost windows xp disks

Hello, I have an Acer stack system, that had windows XP home basic installed on it. When i purchased the computer i made recovery discs as requ...

Ambucias

I just am not able to write cd help

Hello, I was wanting to copy photos onto CD. When i insert the blank CD into the CD writer, it displays Total size = o bytes, free space = 0 b...

Kamrul08

Aspire one (model: zg5)

Solved

Hello, My Aspire One (MODEL: ZG5) will not go in to normal windows or from other features such as safe mode and etc. and in between windows logo a...

pcsces

How to make an association with a program

Hello, anybody please help i have the spyware kaspersky and it told me that there was a virus and to fix it soo i pressed to fix it and afterwards i...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Blank screen+ window task manager disabled

i have a problem about window XP professional...my computer all the icon n toolbar are missing...n my window task manager is disabled by admistrator....

2 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

My wd external hd is not appear.

Hello, My WD external HD is not working I mean even not appear by any name in my computer. Coule you plaese help me in this regard? Abullah ...

Kamrul08

Registry settings for wmp mini player

Mini Player in the Taskbar of Windows Media Player is very nice. Everybody uses it. Just right click in the Taskbar>Toolbar>Windows Media Player can e...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2011 by
Kamrul08

No sound device on dell 3100c windows xp

Hello, i have no sound device i used to have one but i accidenteky deleted it and ive forgot how to install it please help

Ambucias

How to set a message which can start with fin

Closed

Hello, can anybody help and tell me how to set a message which will be starting with fingerprint application when laptop start cause when it start fin...

pcsces

"select operating system to start" frozen

Hello, The computer in Microsoft XP, and when I turn on the computer it goes to the black screen with white lettering saying: Please select the o...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Dec 2011 by
kieferschild

This file does not have a program associated

Hello, how resolve this below error "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. please install a program...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Can't get into my pc

Hello, I had a virus and had it deleted. I read info on changing passwords, did so and now i can't get into my pc. I log on as owner and password ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Black screen windows 7 with cursor

Hello, Hello,i formated my pc dell A 8300 3.0 ghz cpu 1.5 gb ram etcc ....and when windows prepare for first use its takes black screen with cursor (m...

3 replies Last reply on 8 Dec 2011 by
traktori

At start my computer local drive c: is open

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 8.0 At start my computer Local drive C: is open please solve the problem.

1 reply Last reply on 8 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Start-up menu only showing wallpaper.

Hello, just signed up to the forum, hope you can help me out here. I've got an Acer laptop that is just about 4/5 months old, Last night I had a prob...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Dec 2011 by
Anonymous User

Finger scan driver of pavilion dv3000

Hello, I have format my HP (PAVILION dv3000) and install Window 7, I need to get the driver for the finger scan ? I need to know how to enable ...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Dec 2011 by
Panks
Results 7101 - 7150 out of a total of 24,655