Ask a question Report

Internet connected but browser not working [Solved/Closed]

haseeb - Latest answer on Dec 11, 2013 12:10PM
Hello,
i've got windows seven and recently i dunno what has happened. my internet is connected, i can use download existing torrent files, and i can also run messengers such as skype. but i cant access I.E nor can i ping sites. i've used most of the options mentioned in the forum previously but none was helpful so far. can anyone help me on it ? thank you
Read more 
Answer
+585
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed in

the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".

2) Now enter this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) Reboot your computer

Good Luck.

saba- Nov 15, 2013 01:42PM
I used this fix and when i restarted my internet is showing limitee access even though its working on other laptops. Is it cuz of this cmd thing
askarsky- Nov 26, 2013 12:30PM
Thanks solve my problem .
azi- Dec 5, 2013 10:18AM
thanks man.. its solved now.
Kelly- Dec 8, 2013 09:58AM
so grateful for this!! thank you!
Joeyjaf- Dec 9, 2013 12:59AM
Helped yet another, thanks for your knowledge!
Answer
+144
moins plus
This didn't work fir me:(

Answer
+56
moins plus
Hi,
I often get the same problem.
It all works well when I reboot the computer.

Thanks for reading :)

Answer
+47
moins plus
Did you try any other browser? Like Firefox or Chrome?

Answer
+25
moins plus
Awesome advice. :) Thanks.

Answer
+20
moins plus
i will try this too, jack... my lap top tells me what it wants to start opening most of the programs that make it function. it wants me to reinstall a file called LPK.dll , i found the exact file but dont know how to physically reinstall the thing, i found out its part of windows normally and i dont know how it got seperated...

Answer
+20
moins plus
I owe you a beer Jack, lifesaver

Answer
+19
moins plus
You are a life saver THANK YOU!!

Answer
+16
moins plus
just restart the router

Answer
+16
moins plus
It worked for me.thanks :)cheers

Answer
+15
moins plus
Thanks it worked for me

Answer
+13
moins plus
wow problem has been resolved Thanks!!!

Answer
+11
moins plus
thankyou for the email , but i think im confused, which is normal. joey i got your response for a issue i was not part of a browser deal. im the dll. guy which was a few lines up from what you read. this just verifies why so far i like this think tank for this problem solver website. people really respond in a timely manner. and as you know when a glick comes to your baby, it aint no joke. so look forward to your help for another day/ thanks svjake

This document entitled « Internet connected but browser not working » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.