Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10 [Solved]

Ask a question cakelady24 1Posts Tuesday December 29, 2015Registration date December 29, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Dec 8, 2016 at 01:14 PM
I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it says I'm connected to my WiFi. I've tried: restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets and stuff and nothing works. I've gone thru all previous answers to this problem and the solutions dont work for me. HELP PLEASE!!! Please outline steps clearly as I'm pretty basic at computer stuff.

THANK YOU
See more 
Helpful
+8
moins plus
Start --> In run type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed -->
Now enter this command
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Press "Enter".
Reboot your computer"
Minera- Oct 8, 2016 at 01:52 PM
Thank you very much Ambucias. I've tried a lot of commands from YouTube videos, but non of them worked. This one worked perfectly.
Ambucias 35239Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 8, 2016 Last seen - Oct 8, 2016 at 04:25 PM
You are most welcome
srpremkumar 2Posts Thursday October 20, 2016Registration date October 20, 2016 Last seen - Oct 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Wifi was working fine for all my devices except the Laptop. "Connected - No internet access" was the message. I tried several solutions from Google search in vain. Your solution was short and sweet and my laptop became alive once again. Thanks a lot!
Ambucias 35239Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 8, 2016 Last seen - Oct 20, 2016 at 04:06 PM
My pleasure
Mariactive- Dec 8, 2016 at 01:14 PM
Thank you is much<3
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi Ambucias
I tried this code as explained above however the response I got was that 'intipresetlog.txt' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Pls kindly help me out here.
Thanks
ac3mark 6224Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus December 8, 2016 Last seen - Dec 2, 2016 at 08:54 PM
Considering it is NOT one word, but a command line input, you are probably NOT entering it correctly, or in the correct location.

Did you follow the instructions correctly?

As a review, it was:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

From a COMMAND line. So if you are trying this in any other location other than the CMD prompt (IE the BLACK SCREEN!), then you are not following the instruction!

Let us know!
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?