The keyboard of the MacBook Pro has no numeric keypad for entering numbers. Depending on the model you have, you will normally have to hold down the shift key and then use the buttons above the letters. We will talk you through this process below.
Numpad on Macbook Pro
In most versions of the Macbook Pro, You will have to press and hold the SHIFT key and/or the CAPS LOCK key to access and type the numbers placed at the top of the keyboard. If you wish to adjust or change your keyboard settings you can:
- Go to the Apple main menu, click on System Preferences then on Keyboard.
- Select Input Sources and click on the '+' icon. You can then select the layout language you want e.g. English or French and consequently what functions certain keys will have:
- Once you've selected your keyboard, click Add.
If you have a newer version of the Macbook Pro featuring the 'Magic Keyboard' and Touch Bar, you will be able to adjust and configure your keyboard differently. You will find a detailed guide of how best to use the Touch Bar in this article on the Apple website.
Image: © Moritz Kindler - Unsplash.com
- Macbook numpad
- Numpad on mac - Best answers
- Numpad on macbook pro - Best answers
- Change macbook device name - How-To - MacOS
- Can't download the additional components needed to install mac os x lion macbook pro - How-To - MacOS
- Dns probe finished no internet macbook ✓ - Forum - MacOS
- Pipe macbook - Guide
- Macbook curly brackets - Guide