How to transfer your Gmail contacts to the address book of your iPhone/iPad?
The procedure is simple:
- First export your Gmail contacts to a vCard file (format used by the Apple's address book).
- Then import this file to contact book iCloud (cloud service from Apple).
- Then simply synchronize your contacts in iCloud with your Apple device.
Export contacts from Gmail
- Log into Gmail
- Click on "Gmail" > "Contacts"
- Click on "More" > "Export"
- Select "All Contacts" and then select "vCard Format"
- Click "Export" to create/download the file
Import Contacts to iCloud
- Sign into iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Click "Contacts".
- Click the gear, located in the lower left corner, and select "Import vCard".
- In the window that opens, select the vCard file from your hard disk and click on "Open".
Synchronize your iCloud addressbook with your iPhone/iPad
- If iCloud synchronization is enabled on your Apple device, the contacts automatically updated. If not:
- Go to "Settings> iCloud" > "Contacts".
Original document published by Carlos-vialfa
This document, titled « Transfer your Gmail contacts to the address book of your iPhone/iPod », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM