DuckDuckGo - Installation on your web browser
is a search engine that emphasizes on the privacy of Internet users.
Its principles are simple:
-Personal information, such as the IP address and browser signature of the users, are not recorded/tracked.
-Provide more relevant and qualitative results.
In this page you will learn how to set DuckDuckGo.com
as your default homepage and search engine:
Set DuckDuckGo as homepage:
- Open Google Chrome and go to https://duckduckgo.com/
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome menu > Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page.
- Click on Use current pages.
Set DuckDuck go as default search provider:
- Click on the Use in Chrome button
- Click on OK to install you new search engine.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome menu> Settings.
- Scroll to the Search section > Manage search engines.
- Select DuckDuckGo > Make default.
- Tick the Make this my default search provider checkbox and click on Add.
Safari - Mac OS X and iOS
On Mac OS X Yosemite:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu > Preferences > General.
- Click on the Default search engine menu and select DuckDuckGo
The procedure for iOS is available on here: http://ccm.net/faq/31781-ios-set-the-default-search-engine-of-safari