In Internet Explorer, sometimes you might get the following error message when you click on Tools, then internet options: Restrictions - This action has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact the system administrator.
If you've already checked for viruses but are experiencing this problem, follow the steps below to resolve it.
How to Open Internet Options via Tools on Internet Explorer
- Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then Enter or OK.
- Open User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer, Internet Control Panel, Browser Menus.
- Double-click on the Tools menu. Disable Internet Options and choose Not Configured/Disabled, click Apply. Then, close Gpedit.msc.
- Internet options not opening
- Open internet options as admin - Best answers
- How do we access internet options in internet explorer - Best answers
- Internet options shortcut - How-To - Windows 7
- Shortcut key to open internet options in internet explorer - How-To - Windows
- Internet Explorer - The Pop-up blocker option is missing - How-To - Internet Explorer
- Internet explorer 11 certificate error no option to continue ✓ - Forum - Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge
- Can't connect to facebook but internet is working ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks