Gmail - email from Google
is the official application for Gmail that can work on both iPhone and iPad. This app can be downloaded and used free of charge requiring only an Internet connection. The first version was launched in December 2005 and is available in more than 40 languages including English, Chinese and Italian.
- Multiple account support: sign-in has to be done with the Gmail account. If not, the user is given the possibility to create another one if needed be. For this version 3.0, Gmail - email from Google supports up to 5 accounts per device.
- Read and send: just as with the Gmail web version, users can be notified of incoming emails. Emails can be read with all information related to it (date, sender, content and attachment). Since this app requires Internet, transfer speed greatly depends on the latter.
- Attachment: this official app for Gmail enables to view attachments linked to an electronic mail. Gmail - email from Google grants users the ability to receive and send attachments. After that, they can be directly viewed on the device.
- Miscellaneous: apart from these function, Gmail - email from Google also enables to organize Google calendar and read emails with threaded conversation. For searching for an email and all its contents, users can type on the search box to see the result appear.
- Gmail - email from Google is lightweight.
- This application can work on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and optimized for iPhone5.
- Emails can be customized with scribbles.
- Nothing special to report.