The discussions

Acer laptop shutdown

Hello, i have an acer laptop which suddenly shut down for no reason!! it now wont turn bk on & appears 2 have no life in it at all.....even the powe...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Aug 2010 by
jziutsa

Laptop wont start

Hello, My laptop fails to start, due to supposed hardware errors. it gives me an option to start the computer as normal (everytime i do this it just...

jziutsa

My dell latitude d620 laptop wont turn on

Hello, I was on my laptop the other day and I walked away from it for a bit and I came back to it and the screen was blank. I turned it off and t...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

Beer spill laptop typing wrong characters

Hello, My husband spilled beer on our Toshiba Satellite L300. When I switched it on after it had dried out it made a continous beeping for about...

jziutsa

My laptop

hi, i had a problem with my laptop, i am trying to reformat it or re install windows , coz it keeps on restarting or shut off, please help me , how c...

jack4rall

Sony's dvd-r not recognized by my laptop

Solved

Hello, My lenovo IBM laptop does not recognize Sony 4.7 GB DVD-R. Though the DVD mentions on its casing that it is 1x-16x compatible, however also...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Aug 2010 by
porkpiepete

Gateway sa6 laptop won't turn on, check fan

Hello, When I turn on my laptop, an error message says to check the fan and won't turn on. THanks, hari

wyaat

Yellow flashing light on my dell 1200 laptop

Solved

Hello, My Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop has a solid green light on the bottom left front, which indicates the power is on and right beside it is a yell...

6 replies Last reply on 16 Aug 2010 by
antonio

Sound problems wet spill on laptop

Solved

Hello, a few days ago I was drinking while watching a Movie and accidentally, I spilled some on my laptop. After wiping I noticed that some liquid wen...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop monitor busted

Solved

Hello, I can start my laptop in safe mode with external monitor plugged in, but how do I back up my laptop? I purchased external hard drive, but it ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Aug 2010 by
xpcman

My laptop wil not start.

Hello, I was on the internet, and listening to a song on youtube and my computer froze. So I turned off my computer, and now when I turn it on it ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

Toshiba laptop operating system not found

Solved

Hello, My son erased the hard drive to clean it out and now I HAVE A MESSAGE: OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND. can you help please, thank you Lucy ...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop monitor not working

Have Sony vaio VGN AR51J monitor not working and need to start with an external monitor

1 reply Last reply on 14 Aug 2010 by
DOC

Dell laptop says disc needs to be checked

Hello, When I turn my computer on it stays black with a screen saying, line after line, :file record segment 178936 is unreadable (the numbers vary...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Aug 2010 by
Shubhajit

Laptop suddenly turns off n wont start again

Hello, my laptop suddenly turns off n when I try to turn it on,it gets to the blue welcome screen and automatically restarts. It is stuck in ...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

Laptop wont turn on .

For a couple months my computer has been telling me to replace the battery but I couldnt afford it at the time so i just used it all the time while th...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

Acer laptop freezed

Hello, my acer laptop freezed when i switched on.it could not open any program on desktop or start menu please tell me about this problem Confi...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

Laptop shut off

Hello, hi i have a HP windows vista G60 and it just shut down, I did teh steps you mention about unpluggin and taking battery out and turn it back...

drlootle

Laptop not charging

Hello, My laptop only working through the charger. because the battery not charging. why the battery is not charging? please help me the boosti...

drlootle

Help - laptop sound not working!

Hello, My headphone jack broke and got pushed into the laptop to where I cant plug the headphones in. On top of that, i think the computer thinks a...

jaunglia

Wireless switch on laptop doesn't work

Hello, my wireless switch on my laptop doesn't work after intallation of new hard drive what should i do? Configuration: Windows Vista / Inter...

king.mac56

My laptop

Hello, i got this laptop for christmas and i was wondering how to change my screen saver because it is windows seven and i have tryed everything but i...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

Laptop wont start

Hello, i have a problem. the laptop i was using only works with it connected to the light, but the connection always gets disconnected from the...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

Toshiba laptop a205-s6808 crashed

I have read and followed all the directions to repair my Toshiba but none has succeeded so far. It can't boot, keeps restarting itself and have tried ...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

Second hand laptop wont start

Hello, i am unable to get my laptop started,bought it at ayard sale! i turn it on and see dell and then any button i hit says no operating system...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop is flashing it wont work!

Hello, My laptop is not turning on! I tryed to turn it on today and all it does is flashes black, white and blue :( I phoned the DELL company but...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

Laptop wont read hd

Hello, When booting my sons laptop I receive an error that the laptop cant read the HD. I tried to boot from a CD and it will only read the...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

Dell inspiron laptop 1521 goes dim...

Hello, I have a dell inspiron 1521 laptop with windows vista. I start it up in regular mode and it goes dim within 20 seconds. I have to squint and ...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Aug 2010 by
vernnn

My laptop wont start

Hello, When I turn on my Toshiba Satellite laptop the light around the power button comes on, and it sounds as though it's starting up, however, the...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

My laptop doesn't recognise lg flash drive

Hello, please, can u help out with this? my laptop(DELL inspiron, window vista) doesnt recognisse LG flash drive, but it recognises every other...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Aug 2010 by
gbg

Laptop volume buttons not working

Solved

Hello, I just bought an Asus N61JQ-X1 laptop and immediately proceeded to remove the bloatware using PCdecrapifier. Everything works great except fo...

TNoles

To use a 5m vga cable via laptop to tv

Hello, i've been useing a 1.5m vga cable via laptop to plasma everything fine but it will not work with a 5m cable . can you tell mee why . thanks . ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Aug 2010 by
drlootle

About no sound in my laptop

Hello, help me no sound in my laptop dooooooono why and also from 5 hrs ago its like this can u tel me how to bring the sound back plz tell thr tr...

jack4rall

Laptop sound not working!

Hello, hi, i hav th idt driver on my hp laptop, n i attached my speakers to it, th speakers werent giving any sound... so i changed th idt se...

jefffrozen

Laptop prblems please help

Hello, im having problems i was using my laptop like usaly and all of a sudden everything froze so i wnt to task maniger to exit the brouser the...

helpful

There is a problem in my laptop i cant scroll

Hello, I have a question that about a month ago i have installed my new XP. Everything was working fine. But now from 2,3 days since i have used a...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Brand new laptop wont turn on

Hello, I bought Toshiba Satellite L505-10W a few months ago. It was totally working fine until now. Today when i came back from college, i turned ...

jack4rall

Computer laptop microphone problem

Hello, i am having a problem with my mic, when i speak into both the on board and external microphones are also giving me the same problem

drlootle

Micro sd adaptor not recognized in laptop

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.8 sir , i am using win7 in my inspiron 1525 laptop my laptop's micro sd card adaptor alwa...

jefffrozen

Force restart of laptop by itself

Hello, I have a compaq presario CQ35 laptop, everytime I will leave my laptop for around 10 minutes or above it will automaticaly force to restart...

jefffrozen

No sound in my laptop speakers

Hello, I connected a 5.1 speaker system-logitech z5500 to a fujitsu siemens amilo p laptop via optical cable,working fine,but eversince i don't have...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Aug 2010 by
jefffrozen

Laptop's sound speakers faulty

Solved

Hello, Suddenly sound from my laptop disappeared. A bit later it appeared, but sound wasn't clear at all and 10 mins later it again disappeared.....

11 replies Last reply on 4 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop problem

Hello, plzz help me urgent help needed old ibm thinkpad - turned on yesterday and all i got was blank screen except for 2 icons in the upper left...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

Ibm laptop

Hello, sir i am facing a problem in my ibm laptop.. iam getting a clock after ibm think pad.. can't access display plzz help me what can i do to...

10 replies Last reply on 3 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

Toshiba with windows 7 laptop sound problem

Hello, pls help me to rectify my laptop problem,no sound on speakers and headphone when plugged my head phone suddently sounf gone Configura...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Aug 2010 by
jack4rall

How to reset a laptop completely!

Hello, How do you completely rest a toshiba satelite l300-29w laptop so there is nothing on the laptop not even an account.

1 reply Last reply on 2 Aug 2010 by
Mister Canard

Laptop will not boot

Hello, My Dell Laptop won't turn on. It starts to load like it's about to turn on, but a message pops up that says recent changes may be causing f...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Aug 2010 by
michelsmith

Laptop freezes when plug to the power ac

Hello, Ive got the probz aswell, could someone plis help? Everytime hook on a AC power my hp laptop starts playing up, ie: the mouse is moving but n...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Aug 2010 by
pin-ed

My laptop automatically shuts down

Closed

Hello, sir my laptop automatically shuts down i thought i has virus so i formatted it and again install windows but no change ocurrs it is same it no...

Last reply on 1 Aug 2010 by
sarbel.vilo

Hp laptop no signal

Hello, My name is jb my hp laptop can't acquire signal the light signal button is red even I turn it on any help please Configuration: iPhone /...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Aug 2010 by
drlootle
Results 7401 - 7450 out of a total of 8,221