The discussions

External hard drive freezes windows but works fine on linux(

I have this Toshiba external hard disk. Gave it to a friend to use for a couple of days, he brought it back and I couldn't use it no more. It either d...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Mar 2016 by
jollym124

My laptop running too slow.

I have problems with my laptop. Its running too slow on start-up and on activation of application. Need CCM assistance to speed my slow PC. Thanks ...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Mar 2016 by
Ciliaou

Laptop imidiately turns on and of after entering hdd\sdd passwor

When i power on laptop Its asks for hdd\sdd pasword After enterings correct password and enter It blinks for 2 seconds then automaticaly turns off...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Mar 2016 by
xpcman

One of my external hard disk folders freezes.

Hi, I have a 320 GB Hard Disk. All the folders in the hard disk are working except one. I recently cut and pasted this folder from my Microsoft sur...

3 replies Last reply on 8 Mar 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

How to recover lost files from usb drive on windows 8

Hello, I saved a lot of important files in my usb drive and my classmate wanted to see these files so I let him borrow them. But when he returned ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Mar 2016 by
Ambucias

Acer pc wont boot

My acer pc will boot to the acer screen then restarts and repeats. There is a beeping sound everytime it restarts. I was trying to restore my hdd to ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Mar 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Hard disk is not showing in my computer

Hi all, I have Toshiba 500 GB hard disk. I bought it 2 years back. My hard disk is not showing in my computer although it is visible in "safely remove...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Mar 2016 by
KY_WD  

My hdd turned to raw file format

Hello, hi there sorry but my hard drive keeps telling me that it should be formated to be used again and i dont want to jeopardize my file cuz they ...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Mar 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Hard drive not detected

i have just built my PC for the first time i was given a HDD (1TB) that was full of crap and i couldn't use the OS on it so i wiped that disk clean us...

3 replies Last reply on 1 Mar 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Wd my passport 0740 not seen in windows explorer

Solved

Good Morning! Please help! I have an external hard drive, WD Passport 0740 that was working fine until now. The computer sees it when I plug it i...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Feb 2016 by
PiranhaBait

Wd external hard drive no display

Hello, I am having a problem with my WD External Drive. I cant see the display but it running fine without having any noise the moment I plug it o...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Can't access my hard drive on my new computer

Hello, i recently purchased a new apple computer and I'm trying to access my external hard drive. its not showing up! what do i do?? i want to acc...

3 replies Last reply on 28 Feb 2016 by
Computertech

Need to format to run the hard disk

my seagate's hard drive is not working !! whenever i am connecting it on my laptop it is showing a message i.e. "you need to format to run the hard di...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Feb 2016 by
Boogieman_WD  

Can't access second drive.

Hello, When I install my second drive to my computer my computer primer drive will not boot up all the way, but the BIOS is showing the Western Caviar...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Feb 2016 by
ac3mark

System setup utility shows hdd/ssd none

This is on a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5503 laptop. Was working on the internet and it got frozen. I hit Ctrl/Alt/Del and could not get the laptop to re...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Folder hidden from my hard drive

Hello, please help me see my files on my external hard drive. There is a specific folder on the drive that might be hidden. There are several files an...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

The disk drive is stuck on my dell dimension

Solved

Hello, On my Dell Dimension 9100, the disk drive (the thing that reads DVD's and CD-ROMS) is stuck. It will not open no matter what I do. The light...

6 replies Last reply on 20 Feb 2016 by
KoalaWithAComputer

Hidden system folders visible

Solved

Hello, I'm facing with sth strange here,and as always it's annoying.it's sth that makes the hidden system folders visible,I go to my external hard a...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Feb 2016 by
Hyper

Hard drive hind file open pls help

Hello, pls help how to hiden file Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 48.0.2564.109

1 reply Last reply on 19 Feb 2016 by
amit

Recovered file cannot be opened

Hello, One of my file in the external drive was missing (I think because I detached the drive without closing the file I was working on by acciden...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Feb 2016 by
dominik123123

How to unhide particular folder from my seagate external hdd

Solved

Hello Sir/Madam, I have some problem regarding my external hard drive. I am using 1TB capacity drive. On that 700 GB is used space & 300 GB is ...

dominik123123

External hard drive problem

Hello, I can not see my external hard disk drive when i connect it in my dell laptop having windows 10 operating system. Please help what can i do...

R2D2_WD  

External hard disk unable to open my files

Hello, I've got an external hard drive and just last night I inserted it to my school lab desktop and when ejecting out and plugging it into anoth...

Computertech

Portable drive can't see files

I Went to plug my portable drive into my computer it said It was on the computer but I went to look at the Files and could not find The portable dr...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Feb 2016 by
Ambucias

Wd hard drive not detected

Hello, Hi, I've WD hard drive for around 6 months, it was working fine with my MAC, all of sudden MAC is not detecting it. PS, when I tried on...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Western digital hard-disk is not showing up.

my external hard drive can be safely removed and the computer managed to read it, but the partition is not showing up, what am I supposed to do to fix...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Feb 2016 by
dannyds

Hard drive shows in disk management as not initialised

Hello, My hard Drive has a corrupted file system, and is showing in Disk management as Not Initialised, when I try to initialise it show I/O erro...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Feb 2016 by
KY_WD  

Hdd not detected

My WD hdd is not drive show in os loding time and not connected by the usb connector, when i connect usb light is on after 5or7 sec. light is of and n...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Hard drive not visible

Hello, i have WD elements which was working fine until i was copying large number of files to it. Certainly it stopped working and it doesn't ev...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Passport usb not being recognized

Hello, i have uninstall the device and after that Scan the Hardware changes but still my Device is not being recognised Configuration: Windo...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Feb 2016 by
Ambucias

Format 5tb external hard drive

Hello, i just bought a toshiba 5tb external hard drive but is nfts format so i cant play it on my dvd i try to change it to fat 32 but it wont let me ...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
KY_WD  

My external usb hard drive do not show up

Hello, My External USB Hard Drive do not show up in Win 10 64bit, the day before every thing runs fine. By plugging it in there is even no mor...

6 replies Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
Jerry1keer

Help!!!! computer won't stop restarting after eachother

I ran a check on my hard drive , and then when it was diagnosing it would lead to a blue screen where I couldn't ever stop my computer . Next after I ...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
jollym124

Wd my passport 1tb not detected

Hello, Doesn't appear in My Computer, Device Manager and Disk Management. Pls help on this. I have a lot of files in my external hard disk so im ve...

4 replies Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
jollym124

External hard dics not detected ,

Hello, My External hard dics not detected , as i plug in it gives weird sound and after couple of blinking its light goes off , and nothing happens ...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
jollym124

Cpu is on but no display on monitor

my problem is that my cpu turns on, infact all the fans of cpu run, but fans don't decrease their speed by which yellow light of monitor doesn't chang...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Feb 2016 by
jollym124

Copy files to external hard drive

I can't copy files to my external tb drive

1 reply Last reply on 10 Feb 2016 by
Boogieman_WD  

Seagate expansion hdd not working

I've bought A new Seagate expansion hdd. The first month it worked fine showed blinking light make sound. Now when I insert it, it makes no sound no b...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Feb 2016 by
Boogieman_WD  

Partition disappeared

Hello All partition are disappeared I can't install Windows on laptop Toshiba c660 Please help to find back partitio

1 reply Last reply on 8 Feb 2016 by
dannyds

Copying of windows xp file

Hello @forum, can someone guide me through on how to: 1 set hard disk to slave 2 copy from master hard disk to slave hard disk Thank you.

4 replies Last reply on 8 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Having problem with my 2nd harddrive

I have a star tech usb 2.0 to ide sata adapter to see what on my hard drives and on my ibm dara 206000 hard drive is show up in disk management and sa...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Repairing corrupt file without windows xp cd

Hello, @all members in this forum! Pls I need a guide on how to correct/repair a missing/corrupt file on my Windows XP OS.

3 replies Last reply on 7 Feb 2016 by
Ambucias

Seagate external hdd not working after fall

Hello, My 1 TB Seagate accidentally fall from my hand. The Green Light glows up in External HDD and spinddle is also moving/revolving. But it does...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2016 by
xpcman

External hdd not showing in my computer

Hello, My 1 TB Seagate accidentally fall from my hand. The Green Light glows up in External HDD and spinddle is also moving/revolving. But it does...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

External hard drive not working

I have a 1TB wd external hard drive and it worked properly until today I plug it the computer detects it but nothing comes on my computer

2 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2016 by
jollym124

No files shows on my external hdd even though it has only autoru

Hello, no files shows on my external hdd even though it has only autoru Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 44.0

1 reply Last reply on 5 Feb 2016 by
Arirawng

Wd hard drive seen not accessible

I have a WD My Book. It has been connected to my computer for several months, and now Windows Explorer does not recognize the hard drive. The computer...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Feb 2016 by
R2D2_WD  

Hard disk this device cannot start.(code10)

Hello there, could you help me with my hard disk? It can't connect to my computer My computer is Window 7 Home Premium.The Device st...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Jan 2016 by
Intersynx

Hard disk mistakenly cleaned using diskpart clean command.

was installing windows 8 formatted the C drive than Formatted the Recovery Driver Laptop got over heated and shut down itself again tried instal...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Jan 2016 by
xpcman

External drive not recognized on pc after plugging in to xbox 1

Whoever can help! I plugged my external drive into my friend's Xbox 1 but when I later tried to plug it in to my PC it wouldn't recognize the exter...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Jan 2016 by
xpcman
Results 751 - 800 out of a total of 3,007