The discussions

Change adobe reader from default application

Solved

Hello, How do I change my settings so that Adobe Reader is NOT the default application used when downloading a JPEG image? Everytime is save a JP...

3 replies Last reply on 19 Oct 2011 by
Anonymous User

Should i use vlookup?

Hello, I have an excel sheet (sheet 1) with valves in columns A and B that I need to look up in another sheet (sheet 2). Once these valves a locat...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Oct 2011 by
venkat1926

Compare columns

Hello, I need your help to resolve next problem: i have 5 columns (A, B,C,D,E) with these characteristics : 1. The length of all 5 columns are vari...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Oct 2011 by
rizvisa1

Microsoft excel - timesheet help

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could please help me with a problem I've been having, I would be greatful. I want to send info from one worksheet to...

7 replies Last reply on 18 Oct 2011 by
rizvisa1

Comparing and return value based on it

Hello, I've got a table in such a way like Age Age Cost 16 20 3500 like the above i've 1000 rows i need the O/p as if...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Oct 2011 by
TrowaD

I phone sync with outlook calendar

Closed

Hello, my i phone won't sync with my outlook... it used to.. but just stopped. Anybody got any ideas? D

8 replies Last reply on 18 Oct 2011 by
photographix

Help for sorting top 5 values on excel

Hello, I have office 2007 & I would apreciade if somebody could help me with my problem bellow! I have 3 columns, column A with names, column B with...

4 replies Last reply on 18 Oct 2011 by
Tony

Formula to check text & return other text

Dears who can help me. The Case: In Excel sheet, I have two column of data (for thousand of rows) and in the third column there is formula for eac...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Oct 2011 by
issa

Data from rows into columns

Hello, I'm not that great in Excel so I was wondering if there is a way to separate rows and move to different columns in Excel 2007/2010. I ha...

4 replies Last reply on 17 Oct 2011 by
rizvisa1

Code for macro

Hello, Can you please tell me how to write a code to select a statement in a list of statements in excel macro(code) Configuration: Windows...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Oct 2011 by
venkat1926

Find missing data in 2 columns (excel)

Closed

Hello, I have two lists of data (patent serial numbers) that I need to compare and find the missing serial numbers. In Column A I have my databas...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Oct 2011 by
dalami81

Increment last 2 digits alphanumeric cell

Closed

Auto-increment last 2 digits of alphanumeric cell upon open excel document? Hello there, I'm making an invoice template and need some VB trick th...

pcsces

Should i use vlookup

Closed

Hello, I have an excel sheet (sheet 1) with valves in columns A and B that I need to look up in another sheet (sheet 2). Once these valves a locat...

pcsces

Excel letters relation to numbers

Good evening I am making an excel spread sheet template for an assignment at college and I have hit abit of a snag. I want to express an answer in ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Oct 2011 by
venkat1926

Acer aspire one. user id and password problem

Closed

Hello, iv been given a notebook for my daughter.i want to fix it for xmas but im out of touch of windows xp. when i turn on the nb it goes to the...

Ambucias

Excel macro for creating pdf from mult. sheet

Hello, I need to create a macro that pulls data from two seperate workbooks, then prints them to pdf and combines them. Does anyone have any ide...

rizvisa1

Excel 2007 copy multiple columns into one

Hello, I am trying to create a macro that will automatically copy multiple column lists into a single list. Let me clarify. Sheet 1 contains...

rizvisa1

Creating a csv file with extract from excel

Hello, I need to extract data in a sheet called csv (A1:H6) in my excel workbook into a new csv file with a new name. The new name is generated...

rizvisa1

Can i use a range name in if formula?

Hello, I have a workbook with two sheets, Data and Transactions List. I have named cells A4:A7 on the second sheet as Income (Dividend, Interest,...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2011 by
rizvisa1

Send email using outlook based on excel data

Hello everyone, i'äm new to this forum hope you experts can help me solve my problem, I have an excel file which consists of calibration date of so...

rizvisa1

Pls help with valid code. thanks

Hello, I have a xl sheet which contains junk values and required values in mixed format I need to separate the required values alone and put th...

rizvisa1

Excel macro copy to cell based on criteria

Solved

hey everyone, I'm stuck. I hope someone can help me out today. I have an excel spreadsheet with 1400 rows. The first 3 rows are irrelevant (headi...

6 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel vb script to notify/popup

Solved

Hello, I want to have different cells in the worksheet have pop up messages/notifications when the date or deadline is reached. so when the 1 june 2...

12 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2011 by
rizvisa1

Outlook 2007 not sending emails

Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 and have several email aliases set up, all with different outgoing SMTP servers from different ISPs. Recently I have ...

6 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2011 by
jimmyread

Microsoft excel - info between workbooks

Closed

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to send info from one worksheet to another in Microsoft Excel. I know how to use the function =sheet!a1 ...

Ambucias

Help for vba

Hello, This question is related to MS Office 7. I want to write a code to validate codes used in transaction are present in master sheet or not...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2011 by
Raj

How to match the 1st left word on diff sheet

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to match the exact first words from sheet 1 to sheet 2. (like the way we get the match for Vlookup formula) I have a file which...

5 replies Last reply on 14 Oct 2011 by
cheryl

Excel 2007 not read

Hello, i am using microsoft 2007 version ,but i want to convert my power point to 2003 version as my client does not have 2007 version . kindl...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Oct 2011 by
ElliotSutton

Extracting cell data from different workbooks

Closed

Hello, Have a question. I currently have to compile reports for different customers, all of the same format, but each customer report data is on a...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Oct 2011 by
pcsces

Unable to edit contents from my thumb drive

Hello, Sir or Mam, I currently run microsoft word 2003 on my PC. I can view items on my thumb drive and on my desktop but I ...

3 replies Last reply on 13 Oct 2011 by
Anonymous User

Ms office problem

Solved

Hello, i am still using 2007 office but my some excel files in 2003 office format so pls suggested me now how to opned my old file in 2007 offic...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Oct 2011 by
Anonymous User

Vb code to copy data from one sheet to anothe

Hello, My problem is similar to first one. I was able to solve with the solution provided by helper. thanks helper. But, if column Q contains blan...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Oct 2011 by
TrowaD

Solved... didn't need a macro!

Hello, Turns out no macro is needed... =INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)) I have a rather complex issue I'm trying to solve with a macr...

TrowaD

Type a code that will look into these 7 colum

Hello, I have one sheet in which i have 7 columns. In each column different ranges are typed by me i.e 580, 790, 450.... so i want in my othe...

venkat1926

I need help with profit percentage

Hello, Within a series of columns there are Cost, Sales, and Profit. Within each column are 9 rows each with the information. What formula wil...

6 replies Last reply on 12 Oct 2011 by
venkat1926

Yes or no return on a comparison of two colum

Solved

Hello, Column A contains 80 cells with numbers such as this, not in sequential order: 3-1705578711 Column B contains 50 cells with numbers simila...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Oct 2011 by
Fooberry

Excel macro for deleting rows if cells not...

Solved

Hello, I need help to create a Excel macro. Basicly what I have is a sheet full with information about different departments and what I want to do...

11 replies Last reply on 12 Oct 2011 by
Jo

Comparing value of a cell to a range of cells

Closed

Hello, I want to compare the value in a cell - B1 - to the values in a range of cells and return 1 if true and 0 if false. I set up $H$1:$H$14 as my...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Oct 2011 by
pcsces

Ms word 2007 field codes are shown

Solved

Hello, I'm working on a long word document and all of a sudden field codes are displayed instead of references, page numbers etc. I followed what s...

8 replies Last reply on 12 Oct 2011 by
PhD Panic

If a1 contains the a word, then show b2 in c2

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to create a formula to display the contents of B2 in C2 if cell A2 has a certain word. ex. =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("BACH",B13)),"=C1...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Oct 2011 by
help

Automaticaly transferring data .. tab to tab

Hi there i was just wondering if you can help i have had a look around but cannot see quite what i am looking for so I have just made up a very si...

TrowaD

Replacing text with a value?

Hello, So I'm wanting to make a rota for work as I'm a midwife, what I'd like to do is the following: C is community and adds up to approximately 7...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Oct 2011 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting in ms excel

Hello, Would appreciate if you could please help me with the entire process how to do do conditional formatting for one entire row- which contai...

Annie

Xl file

Hello, Hi,I need a help for my inventory sheet. I have to create a sheet as shown in summary.That sheet is picking data from Pivot table and that ...

shail

Paste inserting blank cells

Closed

Hello, Using VBA I want to copy a column with a variable length and paste into another column inserting 2 blank cells for every value pasted, like t...

pcsces

Need macro coding

Closed

Hello, I NEED SOULTION. i HAVE DATA LIKE BELOW FORMAT. A B Apple Apple Apple Apple ...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Oct 2011 by
Ambucias

Excel - select last 25 records

Solved

Hi I have a spreadsheet that is entered into daily a list of actions taken in a department. This needs to be printed weekly and displayed. Obviously t...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Oct 2011 by
TrowaD

Auto update master sheet

Hello, I am trying to prepare a master sheet. My problems is as below:- There are 4 different work stream owners and all of them have access to...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Oct 2011 by
TrowaD

Excel - removing different rows in 2 sheets

Solved

Hello, I have two worksheets containing a different number of rows. I want to delete all rows in sheet 1 that have a value in column A that c...

4 replies Last reply on 10 Oct 2011 by
venkat1926

Help require to find correct formula

Hello, Received one issue on 22-Sep-11, the turnaround time to solve this issue is 6 working days therefore the Expected date of Closure is 29-Sep...

7 replies Last reply on 10 Oct 2011 by
Annie
Results 5901 - 5950 out of a total of 12,261