Internet users these days have a variety of web browser
options to choose from. Some of the popular choices are Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. In addition to being used on computers, Opera is also used on Mobile devices. In case a user is switching from Google Chrome to this browser, it is very easy to carry forward all the saved bookmarks
onto the new browser. For this, one needs to export all the bookmarks
from the old browser and then import the saved html bookmark file into the new browser
[Opera] Import bookmarks from Google Chrome
You're switching from Google Chrome
and you want to retrieve your bookmarks
? Then this tip is for you.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the small wrench icon> Bookmark manager
- Click on the Organize button and down in the list you will find the "Export bookmarks" option
- Open Bookmarks manager from the tools menu in the Chrome browser.
- Export the bookmarks and save the bookmarks.html file to your Desktop
- Open Opera
- Click on Menu>Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks
- Click on File>Import Firefox bookmarks
- Browse for the bookmarks.html file created under Google Chrome
- Click on OK
- You shall receive a message about the number of entries that have been imported.
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by Virginia Parsons