The discussions

Regarding the location of the file

Hello, I got sent a file to my Hotmail account and I pressed 'open' instead of 'save' when I wanted to view it. Does this mean it isn't saved some...

1 reply Last reply on 16 May 2011 by
computers245

.exe is corrupt

Hello, all .exe file are corrupted. What are the options i have?? Help me out on this plz.... Configuration: Windows 7 / Safari 534.24

3 replies Last reply on 16 May 2011 by
jack4rall

Forgot windows xp password

Solved

Hello, i have forgotten my windows xp password, ive tryed the f8 trick and when in safe mode, they don't seem to work is there any other way,? i ha...

bionik

Windows 7 wlan physical switch on, yet...

Closed

Hello, Somehow I managed to put a Windows 7 Professional installation on my laptop Toshiba M40 (it came with WinXP), wlan is a Intel 2200BG. Norm...

Ambucias

Fake av (xp antivirus)

Closed

Hello, Hello, I got a client that had this XP fake AV. And it messed ut the registry. I cant right click either and every link is now as "op...

Ambucias

Sony va10 system recovery problem

Hello, I have completely wiped my sony va10 of all its data and am now struggling to get it to do anything I have 2 recovery discs which the paper...

jack4rall

Backround

Closed

Hello, i have tryed everything is there any way to change my desktop backround? Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0

1 reply Last reply on 15 May 2011 by
xpcman

My screen is black

Hello, hi, i have a toshiba A660 and i all of a sudden, the computer started to froze. So i turned it off and when i started up again, the screen wa...

3 replies Last reply on 15 May 2011 by
bionik

Dell inspiron 1525 not switching on

Closed

Hello, My inspiron is almost 2 years old. Recently i was away and could not use my laptop for a month and on my arrival when u try to switch on t...

1 reply Last reply on 15 May 2011 by
Ambucias

New winxp installation without disk

Hello, I have an older Compaq computer with a genuine version of Windows XPPro & Product Key on the case, if I can fine find Folder i386, can I re-...

1 reply Last reply on 14 May 2011 by
xpcman

No icons, task bar, task manager on start up

I'm running Windows 7 and when I start to start up my computer all I see is my desktop wallpaper -- no icons, task bar, and typing in ctrl+alt+del mak...

bionik

My laptop wont startup without backup disc

my lenovo laptop wont up without my backup disc and after it starts up i can remove my backup disc and its fine i need to know how to start up my la...

bionik

Desktop goes black after bootn windows xp

Hello, i have a desktop computer after booting in my computer screen goes black just before login screen and my ctrl alt del command is also not w...

bionik

Slow to open other web sites

Solved

Hello, I am not able to open other web sites like asp hosted login page from other providers, but when I open yahoo or Google my computer opens n...

9 replies Last reply on 14 May 2011 by
Don

Problem window xp

Hello, when i started my pc then hang issue of my computer. but last time who was saying to format the window of your computer.and its not slove of ...

xpcman

Wireless drivers for win xp

Hello, please send me wireless drivers for windows XP for dell vostro 1014 Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 6.0

bionik

My system restarts again n again...

Closed

hello, Im using win xp and my motherbord is intel p4,when i open my computer it starts and it shows 1st page and second page...

4 replies Last reply on 14 May 2011 by
mburnett66

Could not get hidden files

Solved

Hello, Guys, Please help me. I have hide the c drive, which one have programme files in Farstone retriver software. Now Programme files not sho...

5 replies Last reply on 13 May 2011 by
bionik

Installation xp in preload windows 7

hello sir/miss I want to install xp in my laptop hp G42-357TU. So please suggest me.....

1 reply Last reply on 13 May 2011 by
bionik

Xp rebooting loop

Hello all, Please be patient, I'm not the most technically minded :-( My home pc is stuck in a reboot loop (windows xp) - we came home, turned pc ...

brian parf

W7 to xp installation problem,

Dear, Im using Windows 7, When i install the xp cd in my hcl b23 C2D laptop, the problem shown like this. setup did not find any hard disk installe...

bionik

Videos are not working properly

Hello, if i click video player ,it will show the microsoft internet explorer to login to perform this action ,so please give me the solution

Ambucias

Thanks

Solved

Thankyou so much.. This really helped! =)

1 reply Last reply on 12 May 2011 by
bionik

Unable to install os, no hdd in the system

Solved

Hello, My laptop is compaq presario A900 CTO and nearly 3 years old. It was running on Windowx XP SP3 and was working fine. Suddenly, it not star...

5 replies Last reply on 12 May 2011 by
bionik

Chkdsk won't stop running

Hello, I was having a STOP (blue screen) error at Win XP start up, and so I scheduled a CHKDSK for next start. Now that is all the computer will do,...

1 reply Last reply on 12 May 2011 by
xpcman

Install xp3 on windows 7

Solved

Hello, currently i m using windows 7 i want to install xp3. but not installing in my lapyop. it is showing check for any virus in ur computer and...

1 reply Last reply on 11 May 2011 by
Ambucias

Samsung n220 brightness control - win 7 ultim

Solved

Hello, Since I upgraded the cut-down version of Windows 7 (pre-installed) on my Samsung N220 netbook to Windows 7 Ultimate (reformatted the partitio...

11 replies Last reply on 10 May 2011 by
bionik

Windows 7 starter computer start up problem

Hello, I was having some problem with my Facebook on Google Chrome. So I decided to un-Install Google chrome. I then re-Installed it, and i doing ...

3 replies Last reply on 10 May 2011 by
bionik

Hp dv6000 drivers

Hello, please send me the all drivers for hp dv 6000 Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 4.0

1 reply Last reply on 10 May 2011 by
pcsces

I want to make a free call

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have Internet connection. I want software to make calls on Mobile/Landline from my PC via Internet, So,please which software is suitable fo...

Ambucias

Dll user 32.dll was reloacted

Hello, I used windows xp sp 3 and i reformat it and gone back for windows xp sp2.now whenever i install latest software like winamp,firefox,vlc play...

Ambucias

My windows xp usb port won't work

Hello, i have a problem with my usb port on windows xp, it won't read my external hd and other devices excepts for mouse and keyboard....anyone...

XevenSecond

Cannot boot,critical problem

Hello, i tried advanced startup options nothing worked only blank screen, even in safe mode immediate help would be appreciated.

2 replies Last reply on 9 May 2011 by
baap108

Network probs

Hello, i restored my laptop make to factory settings but now it will not let me connect to my wirless network which it use to can anyone help me or ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 May 2011 by
XevenSecond

How do i do a factory reset on my compaq cq61

Hi, well I want to reset my Compaq Pesario CQ61 but I'm not quite sure how. I know about that second where you have to press F10 but what do I do aft...

XevenSecond

Acer aspire one won't log on

Hello, I didn't know soon enough about the Alt+F10 buton feature, so i formated my netbook the usual way i did with my desktop. So now the case is ...

XevenSecond

Windows 7 vs older windows (xp, vista)

Hello, I saved movies on a portable HD using a computer with Win 7; the movies will not play (sound only) if I plug the HD into another windows op...

XevenSecond

Reformatting toshiba issue

Hello, I was reformatting my computer to bring it back to factory settings. During the process, an error occur and I am not longer able to reform...

XevenSecond

Not able to install any os in compaq cq40 lap

Hello, Can anyone help me ,I am not able to install any OS in my compaq CQ 40 laptop.Tried to install Window7 not done,Vista nnot done,finally I...

xpcman

I can't open my hard disk drive

Hello, when i try to open my hard disk drive it tells me i need to format the drive before i can have access to it. and i don't want to do that becau...

xpcman

Hp laptop keyboard stuck on numbers 8

Hello, my keyboard is stuck on number 8 on the right side where the numlock is i can't type in any thing without the number 8 popping up sept fo...

xpcman

What are possible source of the problem?

Closed

Hello, i installed a new 20gb hard drive and it will not work. i called the manufacturer's technical support, who walked me through BIOS setup. when ...

Ambucias

Who can reactive mylost data form usb

Hello, please help me. who can i reactive my lost data form usb. but most software are recover lost data but not active . pleas help me who ca...

pcsces

Restore hp laptop to original settings

Hi, I want to restore my HP Compaq 6715b to it's original factory settings. It came with Windows Vista but I am now running XP. Is there any way I...

2 replies Last reply on 8 May 2011 by
xpcman

Home button,refresh and back button disappear

Hello, I have lost all three of these. Anyone able to help thanks? Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 4.0

1 reply Last reply on 8 May 2011 by
Ambucias

Loading c:\progra~1\mywebs~1\bar\1.bin\mwsbar.dll

Hello, how can i solved "Error Loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL" this problem Without setup Windows XP Configuration: Mac OS ...

xpcman

Why my mic won't work?

Closed

Hello, though i hav inserted my mic n checked whether muted or not everthing is fyn but whenever i tried to record my voice the computer says you do...

Ambucias

Fast install windows xp sp2

Hello, sir, plz help fast xp install in computer tips

2 replies Last reply on 7 May 2011 by
Sunil Sahu

After recovery i cant see my photos

Hello, we just formatted the hard drive,reinstall the windows then i bought recover my files they gave an activation code and i found all my lost pi...

3 replies Last reply on 7 May 2011 by
bionik

Acer crystal eye webcam

Hello, my webcam for acer aspire 5710z is not working.dont have an idea how to fix it.please help thanks Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6...

1 reply Last reply on 7 May 2011 by
bionik
Results 7951 - 8000 out of a total of 24,654