The discussions

Delete key needs to be reset

Hello, when I use the bottom right delete key, it types periods. I think my 2 year old granddaughter reset its function and I don't know how to rest...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Nov 2015 by
xpcman

Black screen after i start my acer e1 510

Hello, my acer E1 510 wont start,all I see is a blue LED light blinking on and off Configuration: Windows / Chrome 43.0.2357.124

2 replies Last reply on 12 Nov 2015 by
TYLOR

Toshiba satellite c55-b5101powers on few seconds goes off

Hello, i apologize for the first message.i hope am forgiven anyway my Toshiba satellite has a problem it powers on for some few seconds and then it g...

KY_WD  

My dell laptop does not turn on

hello guys, I did not use my old laptop for a year, and now it does not turn on. My laptopo is Dell (Vostro 1500). When I plug in the charger, powe...

KY_WD  

Its my notebook acer one 10 suddenly shuts down and wont turn on

Hello anyone who knows how to tinker the acer one 10 to give life to it again pls

KY_WD  

My lenovo think pad t61 does not start

Hello, i am using lenovo think pad t61 (its old one!!). whenever i use it for 1-2 hrs., it doesn't start again..this is the continuous problem from ...

Computertech

Cursor stopped working

Hello, The cursor on my toshiba laptop stopped working, it works only when I try to login to the system but after that it doesn't work any more....

4 replies Last reply on 12 Nov 2015 by
KY_WD  

Toshiba satellite pro turns on then off

Solved

I have a toshiba satellite pro. One day I turned it off and went out and when I came back it turned on then immediately off. If I hold the power butto...

18 replies Last reply on 11 Nov 2015 by
Computertech

Factory reset sony vaio

Solved

Hello, Just done a factory reset on wife's vaio. when tried to open receive a message " windows could not complete the installation. to install wi...

3 replies Last reply on 11 Nov 2015 by
BrianGreen

Toshiba satellite a215-s4697 won't start

Solved

My computer is 5 years old. Haven't had problems. Last night I installed the automatic updates which then shuts down the computer. In the morning I tr...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Nov 2015 by
UncleMarty

My laptop won't power on

Hello friends...!! I was watching this movie series in my dell laptop late last night before I fell asleep leaving the movie still playing until the l...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Nov 2015 by
TechLoverPhy

Laptop is on but screen shows nothing

Hello, i shut of my laptop in good condition but when i turn on again then screen also turn on for some seconds and then screen shows nothing.my lapt...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Nov 2015 by
Ambucias

Gateway nv52 does not boot

Solved

When power switch is pressed the blue power LED lights up, the fan is working and for a few seconds the green LED of the optical drive shows up. Co...

7 replies Last reply on 10 Nov 2015 by
Ambucias

Dell latitude e4310 is going black screen after power on

Hello, my dell latitude e4310 is going black dim screen after showing windows logo and when i tried to install os its not taking will you please help...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Nov 2015 by
KY_WD  

Sony vaio laptop factory reset assistance

Hello, I need help with factory resetting a Sony Vaio VGN-Z520N Laptop, running Windows Vista. I tried Alt + F10 at boot and it didn't seem to wor...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Nov 2015 by
Jenturner00

Acer travelmate 6460 screen goes completely white

My laptop screen goes completely white please help.

xpcman

Can't install windows low space

my friend had Linux(fedora) installed in her computer and she jus installed windows without clearing the partition. Now she couldnt install windows co...

R2D2_WD  

Boot problem

Hello.. I have Dell N5010,I cant boot my windows for anything,repair,restore,etc.. when I press f12 then press CD/DVD or any options nothing happene...

R2D2_WD  

Wipe hard drive of hp laptop

how do I wipe the hard drive of my HP laptop running windows xp without wiping my operating system!!

Computertech

Laptop no power

power supply yellow plug end snapped and sparked,now laptop{compaq c700} wont turn on at all.no blue light ring or anything,battery was charged when i...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Nov 2015 by
Computertech

Locked windows

Hi, I tried logging in to my Gateway laptop but was unsuccessful. Can you help me.

Computertech

Acer aspire v5 fails to boot up

Solved

My acer aspire v5 laptop regularly fails to boot up. Help!!

24 replies Last reply on 8 Nov 2015 by
graeme

Hp laptop with window vista does not start

Solved

My windows vista on aHP laptop does not start and the error message is Bootmgre iis compressed. When asked to press ctrl,alt and delete to restart it...

4 replies Last reply on 7 Nov 2015 by
satish

Unlock a locked folder

I had installed FOLDER LOCK and put a password to a folder. But i can't open that folder and software has been vanished. what to do???

1 reply Last reply on 7 Nov 2015 by
Ambucias

Hp laptop will not boot

Solved

Hello, I've recently opened my hp laptop to add additional ram to it. It worked perfectly afterward, but when i re-opened it to show my friend how...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Nov 2015 by
BrianGreen

Laptop screen going black

Solved

Hello, my laptop is asus. when it was on sudden my laptop scereen going black. then I rrstart it but it remain same. my laptop battery is not remove...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Nov 2015 by
Mehedi

Accidentally plugged headphones into asus laptop usb; won'turnon

Hello, Earlier today I had my Asus open and on the lockscreen. I attempted to plug in my headphones, but accidentally tried inserting them into the ...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Nov 2015 by
Grecia Izaguirre.

Lenovo laptop won't turn on

Solved

I've got a lenovo laptop that won't turn on but I can still see the light battery indicator located at the side of the laptop I can't also hear the...

7 replies Last reply on 6 Nov 2015 by
Optimum61

Dell latitude laptop black screen

I have a Dell Latitude laptop which stopped displaying anything but a black screen on start up and stay like that. I checked the display settings and ...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Nov 2015 by
Ambucias

My pc doesnot show cd/dvd drive..please anyone help me

Hello, dear my ps does not show cd/dve drive..now whwn i enter a cd in my disk it does not work..please help me...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Nov 2015 by
Computertech

Laptop to tv connection

Hello, I have spent 2 days trying to get my gateway ne56r series laptop to work with my TCL television. The tv has 3 hdmi ports. I tried the connecti...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Nov 2015 by
xpcman

Dell inspironn5050

Hello, my loptop is always restarting,. i'cant even go to the BIOS settings i think the hardware part is the problem., any HELP?? pls.,

xpcman

Toshiba satellite t1850c trying to get past the command prompt

Hello, I have an old Toshiba Satellite and I'm trying to get past the command prompt but I don't know how to or what to tell my computer to do so ...

xpcman

No power at all

Hello, My Dell Inspiron is pretty old and has started breaking down. At first it wouldn't turn on at all and then it was fixed and I was told to onl...

xpcman

Translator

I would like to ask how to translate swedish language into english language in the laptop. :)

Rapstorm

D drive says to format but does not format

Hello, Sir i have a sony vaio laptop i have 2 partitions - local disk c and d. But today when i tried to open d it said that u need to format th...

Boogieman_WD  

Factory resetting with a windows password.

Closed

Hello, I've bought an Acer laptop and I put a password on Windows start-up. Well I was medicated and forgot my password. Is there a way to rest ...

Ambucias

Restarting of laptop

Hi This is zarrar ... Since I have shut down my laptop (dell inspiron i5) in a proper manner . and today morning when I am pressing power button a k...

Computertech

Stuck on dell logo

Hello, I turn my computer on and the fan turns on normally, it loads the dell logo and beeps 1 time and then the fan shuts off and it's stuck on t...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Nov 2015 by
xpcman

Enter key not working

Solved

hi I have a problem with my windows OS so I need to choose windows during booting but my enter key is not working. are there other alternatives?...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Nov 2015 by
naakai

Asus notebook speakers don't work headphones do

Hello, i'm using asus notebook, windows 10. my speakers don't work but when i plug the headphones it does. When I switch on my notebook the is a m...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Nov 2015 by
xpcman

My laptop function key is not working

Hello, i am using hp notebook laptop with os windows 10 but my function key is not working please help!!!!!!! Configuration: Windows Vista / C...

BrianGreen

Laptop screen turns black while running.

Hi,while working on my laptop(dell inspiron 15r) the screen just went blank while the laptop is still running.i also went through the process of takin...

xpcman

Black flash screen

Hello, I have a HP Notebook 15" and when I move my computer, the screen will blink black. The change is very quick, but it will frequently happen. W...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2015 by
mvalwood

Laptop not turning on

Hello, i forcefully shutdown my laptop because it gothanged for a while and after that i tried to turn on but not happening. Adapter blue light show...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2015 by
KY_WD  

Toshiba satellite l850 -1d5 won't boot

Firstly, apologies for asking what appears to be a fairly common thing however, the various posts I've seen haven't solved my problem and so I'm hopin...

5 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2015 by
Computertech

Display problem

Hello, i am using dell laptop inspiron 15 3000 series with windows 8 o/s .. the problem is it is getting on it is not showing any display ... b...

Computertech

Unable to refresh (f5) & rename (f2)

Greetings for the day..!! I'm facing problem with my Dell Laptop. Unable to Refresh (F5) & Rename (F2). The Functions (Fn) key is not working). Al...

Computertech

Toshiba satellite model m105 factory reset

Solved

I am looking to reset my Toshiba Satellite Model M105 to factory default. I cannot find any option to restore to factory default. Please help. Thanks

Computertech

Slow laptop

why is my laptop so slow with 2gb memory? HP with Duo Core, 160gig hard drive?

2 replies Last reply on 3 Nov 2015 by
wabam
Results 3601 - 3650 out of a total of 8,223