The discussions

<window root>system32 missing or corrupt

Solved/Closed

Hello, my computer at home could not start it keep displaying \system32\hal.dll missing or corrupt reinstall.so I try to reinstall but I don't know t...

25 replies Last reply on 13 Mar 2013 by
abcxyz

Sound is not working after windows xp reinstallation

Hello, Sound is not working after windows xp reinstallation. Thanks

1 reply Last reply on 13 Mar 2013 by
xpcman

Can't download adobe flash and i am not good with computers.

Solved

Hello, I went to download the latest version of Adobe Flash. I deleted the old program and now can't download the new one. I click Run and Run...

4 replies Last reply on 12 Mar 2013 by
Ruth22

Pc problem

Hello, sir ,plz tell me but problem occur in my pc if we install window7 after the windowxp there a message display invalid boot c:\window. C...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Mar 2013 by
jack4rall

Please help i can't connect to the internet.

Hello, So here is my problem, I was able to use the internet on my desktop ( up Windows XP) and I think I downloaded a music downloader I shouldn't ...

8 replies Last reply on 12 Mar 2013 by
jack4rall

How do i change bios settings to ide on compaq presario

Solved

Hello, how do i change bios settings to ide on Compaq presario

2 replies Last reply on 12 Mar 2013 by
comie

Volume mixer speakers(high defination audio device)

Hello, My hp volume mixer is responding as usual it can't produce sound unless I connect with a headset to listen. and I don't like it this w...

benardsaps

I have forgot my account password

Hello, is there is any way to remove the user account of Windows xp. i have forgot my password please help me. Configuration: Windows 7 / Fir...

Ambucias

Reformating the computer from sony

Hello, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N320E That originally fell prey to Viruses. Since that time I have been trying to reformat it. The Startup partition wit...

5 replies Last reply on 11 Mar 2013 by
meathead21

Recovery from factory setting - lost key

Hello, I had to put my computer through a recover to factory action. I got most of my data back, my problem is the system files I cannot recov...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Mar 2013 by
xpcman

How to get to facepalm in windows 8 ?

Hello, I don't know how to get to face palm while going through mouse settings, how do you get there? Configuration: Windows 8 / Chrome 25.0.136...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Mar 2013 by
geff841

Why wont my laptop leave the starting windows page?

Hello, My Dell Inspiron Laptop will not leave the "Starting Windows" page . It will turn on and all the buttons that are suppose to light up , light...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Mar 2013 by
xpcman

Control panel

i open the control panel and it is open as same like before but when clicking some icon then it display the message like " there is no item to display...

xpcman

New laptop is showing windows 7 ultimate is finallising

in my laptop there is no cd ... when i open my new laptop i write a passward then on screen it show that no disk is there.... after selecting few opt...

xpcman

Computer turns on, monitor says "no signal"

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have been using this computer for around 4 years now. I recently had problems of it randomly turning off at any time, I could be working o...

10 replies Last reply on 10 Mar 2013 by
Ravi

You need permission to perform this action message appears

Hello, coping files to my pendriv im using windows 7 im gettinga msg 'you need permission to perform this action' when im coping files ...

jack4rall

\windows\system32\config\system is corrupt

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an IBM thinkpad T23 and suddenly when I turned it on it came up with an error message saying: \windows\system32\config\system is cor...

85 replies Last reply on 9 Mar 2013 by
laurence211

Windows xp personal password forgot

Hello, I forgot my windows xp personal password and when i tried to open in a safe mode that is also not working when press f8 it displays only tw...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Mar 2013 by
Ambucias

Need a movie maker

Hello, i am using window XP and i want to get movie maker but i can't find it please send a link thanks Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 1...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Mar 2013 by
saryal

Sony vaio won't start up and keyboard isn't responding

I own a Sony Vaio SVE14112FXB. This is not the first time this has happened. My laptop used to not wake from sleep mode until I took out the battery f...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Mar 2013 by
xpcman

Desktop icons are blue in color

Solved/Closed

Hello, yesterday I was copying content from the web to the desktop without unknowingly I selected paste to short cut key,from then the desktop items...

8 replies Last reply on 8 Mar 2013 by
diana

Forgot administrator password

Closed

Hello, I have windows xp professional with service pack 3. I haven't used this desktop computer in some time. I forgot what my password was. I have ...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Mar 2013 by
Ambucias

Desktop icons are the same

Hello, all destop icons are same pls give me solutions

1 reply Last reply on 7 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

Laptop restart when shut down

Solved/Closed

Hello, I bought this laptop last year. Now, it is facing an issue. For a last few days, when I shut down my laptop, it automatically restarts. I th...

7 replies Last reply on 7 Mar 2013 by
AnaPostudor

Why i cannot adjust volume in my computer?

Hello, everybody! Why i cannot adjust volume in my computer, its taskbar always runs automatic down during i am on attempt to push it up? I have ...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Mar 2013 by
nhatnamyester

Taskbar and icons disappearing on xp

Solved

Hello, now im having problem Taskbar and Icons disappearing on XP ... but i dont have explorer.exe. and everything u said in here doesnt work on...

5 replies Last reply on 6 Mar 2013 by
Ambucias

How to format the system?

Hello, I am new to computer,I have a system loaded with windows-7.I want to format the system and in place of windows-7 want to install XP. How to d...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

You need to log in to view this page

Solved

Hello, I am trying to log in with my email id and the password , but since morning I get only one response and that is You must log in to see t...

8 replies Last reply on 5 Mar 2013 by
B

Sound card

Hello, i need a sound card for my laptop compaq v2000 i hope u people can teach me how to download it ..... tnx verry much ... ^_^ or provide one ...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

How to load window7 operating system on apple laptop

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.0.5 how to load window7 operating system on apple laptop i will like to have knowledge on how t...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Mar 2013 by
jack4rall

Voice reconiction clues ?

Hello, Friends I loaded voice recognition soft ware. it is loaded it is started I want to make it do some thing I found key commands I want to find v...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Mar 2013 by
xpcman

Yahoo password and security queation

Hello, av forgotten my password and security question, can u help me to recover it. obi4realj@yahoo.com Configuration: Windows 8 / Firefox 16....

1 reply Last reply on 4 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

Volume display change overnight

Hello, Im running windows 7 on my Asus laptop and ive had this computer for over a year. Last night when I went to adjust the volume to my liking, i...

4 replies Last reply on 3 Mar 2013 by
theodore

Stuck at start screen

Hello, i tried to do partition with gparted from ubuntu from usb drive and then install ubuntu in D-drive. but i cancelled it. then my NTFS partit...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Mar 2013 by
shrek_crazy

Sony vaio keyboard lock

Solved/Closed

Hello, Could you please help me with this issue? I have sony vaio and I have had press something or some combination so 'p' backspace 'tab' '1' a...

8 replies Last reply on 1 Mar 2013 by
Md ay

For the all mother board driver windows-xp sp2

Solved

Hello, After formating my PC, I haven't Mother Board CD of my PC, I need All mother board driver CD from you Sir. I hope I will get very soon all m...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Mar 2013 by
jack4rall

File does not have a program associated

Solved/Closed

Hello, please help me with my problems with my computer...every time I click the local disc and other disc this is the error shown "This file doe...

29 replies Last reply on 28 Feb 2013 by
shok9992000

Problem with network controller driver not loading

Hello, I reloaded Windows 7 on my Dell Inspiron N5040 yesterday and the driver for the Network Controller failed to load. I have looked on the Dell ...

5 replies Last reply on 27 Feb 2013 by
Zohaib R

How to find hidden file on memory card

Solved/Closed

Hello, I lost my importance wedding photo from my memory card due to virus or other reason first time I plug into the usb drive I could see the a...

42 replies Last reply on 27 Feb 2013 by
slim shady

Black screen with blinking cursor

Hello, cpu acer 7741 getting the black screen with blinking cursor ive changed boot order and it wont access cd/dvd havnt got windows 7...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Feb 2013 by
Zohaib R

Laptop blank white screen desktop

Hello, I have a problem with my lenevo laptop, in which upon start up, it's starting well but instead of displaying the normal desktop, now it's d...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Feb 2013 by
Zohaib R

Should i format

My computer has been having a bunch of problems virus scanners dont find anything.Should i formatmat it.

2 replies Last reply on 25 Feb 2013 by
ratedkingz

I cant seem to find an app or any other way 2 get flashplayer

Hello, Just after a bit of help I got an Samsung windows 8 Rt tab. I need 2 find an app for the latest flash player but can't find anything can any...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Feb 2013 by
xpcman

How to merge windows partition to increase c

Solved/Closed

Hello, please tell me is it possible to merge hard disk partition without formate. how to merge windows partition to increase c drive space

38 replies Last reply on 25 Feb 2013 by
Nate Ace

Have a gateway laptop with a virus

Hello, i was wondering if you could lead me through the process on resetting my laptop to factory settings i do have a virus on it so i cant access my...

Zohaib R

How to make pen drive as windows xp bootable

Hello, I have windows 7 dell inspiron mini without CD drive and want to change the oprating system from Windows 7 to Windows xp. kindly send me de...

Zohaib R

Screen is black

Hello, When i boot my desktop computer up, all fans go, can open/close disc drive, no beeps. All wires appear to be connected properly. The HDD does...

jack4rall

Black screen appears after windows xp logo

Hello, I'm using my trusty HP compaq laptop,had it 7 years and never had a problem!!My tower system on the other hand a 3.7 gig Dell,(supposed t...

Zohaib R

Not able to open downloaded files

Hello, Recently tried to download a file and received the error: exe. is not a valid win 32 application. Any ideas to fix? Thank you!

5 replies Last reply on 24 Feb 2013 by
xpcman

Connects to the internet but ie does not work

Hello, I got a used mini laptop (acer) for my daughter to do homework. I got it home and discovered that it connects to the internet but IE does...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Feb 2013 by
Bionik
Results 6051 - 6100 out of a total of 24,656