The discussions

Laptop lost display after bios was upgraded...

I'm reformatting a laptop, after that i install a BIOS which i downloaded from ACER site (its the brand of the laptop i'm reformatting), then after re...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jul 2013 by
xpcman

Monitor/sound freezes-assuming whole system freezes

Hi guys was wondering if someone could help me out. Recently my computers been acting up, it's only happened while I have been on a game. The monitor ...

xpcman

Unable to log in

Solved

I have a dell mini 1018 and it takes too long to start.Once its on am unable to log in as the caps lock sign says its on.Have tried unlocking the key ...

19 replies Last reply on 10 Jul 2013 by
Zohaib R

I think my computer thinks i have 2 monitors?

I get a black screen after the windows logo after booting up my computer and i have to wait like 1 or 2 minutes for my pc to load (I formatted my PC t...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Jul 2013 by
Zohaib R

Usb reading as disk drive!

Hello, Okay so i got a new Usb flash drive 16gb, and i wanted to download the sims 3. but didnt have enough space! So i used my usb drive to stor...

Etsuko steal ayumi

My laptop does not turn on.

Hello, here is what been happening with my laptop: *turn it on *make a very low clack sound *turn itself off *repeat the process over and over ...

6 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
redfield37

Graphics card issue?

I was playing Civ 5 this morning and the game went into a black screen and I had to manually shut down my computer. When I turned the system back on, ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
carminabigue

Why does my laptop keep shutting off bro

Hello, so one day I was using my laptop and it just shut of on me out of no where. It wasn't hot or anything and ever since then it continues to do it...

carminabigue

Brightness control is not working

hello, i have Lenovo G580 59358346. In which the Volume Control(Right and Left Arrow keys) with Fn key is Working but the Brightness Control(Up and D...

carminabigue

Wd 1t external hard drive on devices, but not functional

I have a 1T external WD hard drive that I have not used in a while, and now its barely functions. I connected the device, and it does not show on "My ...

Realjuan

Unable to format hard drive

I am unable to format External Hard Drive. It gives me an error windows was not able to complete the format. Any solution. I am not able to view any c...

5 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
shehla

Cursor jumps all over when typing

Solved

Hello, Hi, can anyone advise, m]whentyping in email or word document my cursor jumps all over the place so my sentences are a mess. It's better wh...

5 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
Zohaib R

Rundll

once i am opening my pen drive the following error is coming error loading .\dx.dll the specified module could not be found pls help me

jack4rall

Wrong characters are typing for my pc windows7

Hello sir, my keyboard is not working properly for example while iam typing a it is displaying like as while iam typing s it is displaying lik...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Jul 2013 by
xpcman

Sir, my pendive showing write protected

Sir, my pendive showing write protected & i read your old post but they not work properly ,when i m applying your path (you showed in your last post s...

7 replies Last reply on 8 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

Folder lock 4.273 in external hdd shows an empty folder

i installed folderlock 4.273 in my external HDD. but while i am trying to opened the locked folder from another laptop i can access the locker folder ...

jack4rall

My pendrive shows "access denied" message.

my pendrive shows "ACCESS DENIED" message.Please say how to correct it.It is new pendrive. Help me plz.

jack4rall

Reset dell inspiron 1545 to factory settings

I want to reset my laptop to factory settings but anytime i try the F8 option repair your computer doesnt show up. Is there anything else i can do?

Zohaib R

Dell 3520 dvd not working

Hell, i have dell inspiron 3520 an the cd/dvd drive is not working. when I try opening it produces jammed sound. I am fed up with it please help me o...

Zohaib R

My cardreader is not supporting

Hello, when i tried to open my cardreader it shows insert the disk into g drive please give ne solution Configuration: Windows XP / Chrome 27.0...

jack4rall

More then 3gb ram on a 32bit os?

Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to run 4 gigs PC5300 on a 32bit OS. Is it possible? I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate. However, from everything that...

86 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2013 by
kyle - amature computer technician

Laptop with broken screen monitor plugged in but not working

Hello, I have a Samsung E300 Laptop running windows 8 and it has a broken screen. I have been using an external monitor (vga) and it was working fine...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jul 2013 by
xpcman

Windows unable to format message appears

I have used some to software to extend the capacity of 2 GB Kingston pen drive. but it is not responding and ask to format.then windows gave a message...

jack4rall

Hard disc error while instaling os

,iam suffering while instaling os windows 7 into my dell inspiron laptop some service man said me there is error occur in hard disc while insaling os ...

Zohaib R

Cannot change the screen resolution

I have installed Win 7 on this GX270 and cannot change the screen resolution from 600X800. Tried everything I could find on the net did not work. De...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2013 by
Zohaib R

Dell dimension how do i remove ram?

Hello, I Have a Dell Dimension 440 and i don't know how to remove the Ram..I see the Two white things on each side, but i don't know how to pull it...

Zohaib R

Pavilion dv6 screen issue

Hello, Well as a lot of HP laptops, I am also having a dark screen issue... By this I do not mean that it is completely dark... It is very faint and ...

5 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

My toshiba laptop won't boot up

My toshiba laptop dont boot up I try the advances system F8 and it dont work I try the power button and holding the cer0 at the same time for factory ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

Disk is write-protected error appears

sandisk 8 gb can not be formatted, it says the disk is write-protected.

jack4rall

Ethernet port

my ethernet port on my laptop is not working properly when i connect it with networking cables, at times it will indicates while at times it does not....

4 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
noaha2004

My sound file is not seen is mixed to other file

Sir, My sound file is missing my be is mixing to other file so how i may return to normal. Regards

3 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

Keyboard's typing instead of letters urgent>

Hello, I have a problem with my ACER netbooks' keyboard typing numbers instead of letters. Please help me. Thanks a lot.

jack4rall

My hpg62 laptop hard disck failure

I got that blue msg err on my computer windows were not responding and my lap top was pretty much dead did nothing ..some how I did system recovery ,t...

jack4rall

Remove write-protect

Dear Sir, sir please send me solution how to remove write-protect from pen drive 8 gb transcend

jack4rall

Remove the write product

sir, I am working for windows 8, I have pen drive. but that is put the write product. so, I remove the write product in the pendrive, I saw abo...

jack4rall

New sata 2 hard drive is not being detected

Solved/Closed

Hello, I recently bought a 2nd hard drive for my computer. I'm decent at using computers and learning computer terminology bought i'm confused as to ...

9 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
bmclark602

Computer runs but no boot screen

Solved

Hello, Today my computer was running hotter than usual due to the summer heat so I've decided to shut off the computer to plug in my side panel fan ...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
visom

Unable to open anyfile

Hello, The question I have may be very easy for the other users but it is hard and very difficult for me because I am a computer dummy. In my honest ...

16 replies Last reply on 5 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

My external hd is not showing my files

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a 500gb Buffalo external USB HD FAT32 Model HD-HC500U2-R. Over the Last three days I have not been able to see my files most of whi...

6 replies Last reply on 5 Jul 2013 by
sRI

Can't open usb flash disk

Hello, Can't Open USB Flash disk, when I am trying to do it it says that it needs to be formated but it does not allow to formate.. same thing is wi...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

Printer epson stylus sx235w problem

hi,I have a problem,my printer Epson Stylus SX235W not Work.appears one message: Printer ink pads are at the end of their service life,ouat is the so...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

Files\folders always turned into shortcuts

I have also face this pendrive problem.when i open mu pendrive my pendrive name's new short cut creat i format my pendrive many times but the pro stil...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

I can't connect tv to laptop

I can't connect laptop Toshiba to LG TV with HDMI (input). I have a cable USB to HDMI converter. Could u help me please?

1 reply Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
jack4rall

Remove the write protection from pen drive

dear sir, - my scandisk pen drive is under write protection automatically. - in pen-drive, I use only copy and paste method. no other process (d...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
venu619

Restoring my vostro 1014 to factory settings

Recently I installed trial version of Windows 7 64bits on my Vostro 1014 (which originally had 32 bits Windows 7). I choose clean installation, which ...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
Zohaib R

External monitor stopped working with laptop

Solved

Hello, I have a dell inspiron laptop with a samsung monitor plugged in. Worked fine until today.. external monitor won't turn on... I have tr...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Jul 2013 by
Ryan

My hard disk not working......please help

Hello, I have a Intenso 16GB hard disk and have Windows 8 installed in my computer. I was trying to create a Windows 7 bootable usb using Diskpart...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Jul 2013 by
toorhamza

Dell laptop 3521 i3 ultrabook screen startup problem please help

Hello, hope u all be fine . :) i just bought a dell laptop 3521 i3 about 2 weeks ago.... and today it is giving me a problem.. when I press the pow...

5 replies Last reply on 3 Jul 2013 by
Zohaib R

Hp photosmart premium

My printer has been working fine. Today, I tried to copy a document printed only in black...the printer fed out a blank page. To test, I created a M...

jack4rall

Not starting up

I turn on my laptop but it's not starting up and the start up repair is not working, I've left it on for an hour to repair nothing. Help!

jack4rall
Results 16651 - 16700 out of a total of 33,786